Karzai's Quote Of The Day

nunya

This caught me as a sad commentary on the future of Afghanistan.

Karzai: "If there is no peace, then this agreement will bring misfortune to Afghanistan," he said. "Peace is our precondition. America should bring us peace and then we will sign it."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/24/afghanistan-us-karzai-idUSL4N0J905P20131124

I scold my 3 year old son for shirking personal responsibility... Think someone will scold Karzai for the same?

• 2 weeks later...

Karzai: "If there is no peace, then this agreement will bring misfortune to Afghanistan," he said. "Peace is our precondition. America should bring us peace and then we will\t."

What we need to do is head over there with a few crowd pleasers and be done with it.

I'm over it, fellas. We need to pack up our shit and GTFO. If they don't want us, why are we spending American lives, money, and time there?

• Upvote 6

It is the dissimilarities and inequalities among men which give rise to the notion of honor; as such differences become less, it grows feeble; and when they disappear, it will vanish too.
Alexis de Tocqueville

It seems like he thinks that he can stay alive without us there to protect him.

Or he is a brilliant politician and this becoming friends with Iran is just a way to get us to agree to his terms, since the last thing we want to see is the shithole we dumped 12 years of time, money and lives into become best friends with Iran.

• Downvote 1

Or he is a brilliant politician and this becoming friends with Iran is just a way to get us to agree to his terms, since the last thing we want to see is the shithole we dumped 12 years of time, money and lives into become best friends with Iran.

Really, who cares? Afghanistan isn't our friend. Get out and let them "befriend" whatever country they want. It's no gain for that other country.

Really, who cares? Afghanistan isn't our friend. Get out and let them "befriend" whatever country they want. It's no gain for that other country.

Never said I cared, in fact I said "Fuck it, its really time to go.". However, the powers that be, the white house and politicians might be more concerned with this than you and I. Maybe Karzi doesn't want us to stay (hopefully that's the case), I was simply making the case that he could be using this as leverage to force an agreement with favorable terms for him.

I seem to recall that a preliminary survey of Afghanistan revealed a metric fuckton of valuable minerals, rare-earth elements, semi-precious metals, etc. If "that other country" can keep the natives happy while giving the Afghan govt. a cut, they stand to hit the natural resources jackpot.

I seem to recall that a preliminary survey of Afghanistan revealed a metric fuckton of valuable minerals, rare-earth elements, semi-precious metals, etc. If "that other country" can keep the natives happy while giving the Afghan govt. a cut, they stand to hit the natural resources jackpot.

China is already cultivating a lot of it, and we're providing the relative security to allow it. Let them provide their own security. And since they're China and don't care about having thousands of people killed to gain some resources, they probably will.

Almost bet you that a couple of months after he leaves office, he turns up living "somewhere else in the world" with a whole lot of $$$.

Assuming he's smart, which he probably is....shrewd at least. I give even odds he takes a dirt nap. Either way, fuck him.

Assuming he's smart, which he probably is....shrewd at least. I give even odds he takes a dirt nap. Either way, ###### him.

Hadn't considered the early retirement option, that probably is his only COA that won't result in an early dirt nap. I think we should have said F' him back in April when he accused us of supporting the Taliban in order to prolong the war.

however, still a good read and continuing reminder that we'll never make a difference.

Thanks, just reiterates the fact for me at least that we schould have gotten the hell out of there long ago,like maybe 5 years ago.

Edited by clouseau
  • Upvote 1