AeroClub Ideas

Fishnucc

Hey everyone,

I am going to be starting up an AeroClub at my school this year and I was wondering if any/all of you have any experience with them. I know a lot of bases have GA clubs and I have been looking for ideas. We don't have the funding to go out and buy a plane, so it will be more along the lines of aerospace lessons, model stuff, base/ramp visits, and free ground school taught by a volunteer instructor. We have the sponsorship of the AFROTC det. and their simulator.

I thought this would be a good place to solicit good ideas (other than actually flying) for an AeroClub. Since I already have my license, I tried to get the school to subsidize flying but they want nothing to do with it. Thanks everyone!

oh..and I did search..nothing useful came up

Fish

[ 21. June 2006, 21:19: Message edited by: Fishnucc ]

See if you can get any local FBOs to cut members deals on rentals/training. That's always a good way for them to get new people to take shitloads of money from while the members can at least save some cash on dues, hour rates, gas, etc.

haha yeah I lost the video of me in a cessna dropping flares and doing Aileron Rolls so that one will have to do.

Thanks Brabus ill call around. The local airport (KMPV) is a strip with a shack and some hangers. They guys are cool though..mostly old vets. The instructor is a retired Nam 130 pilot who showed me his "Slide for life" move in a 152.

Guest Hydro130
Originally posted by Fishnucc:

haha yeah I lost the video of me in a cessna dropping flares and doing Aileron Rolls so that one will have to do.

Thanks Brabus ill call around. The local airport (KMPV) is a strip with a shack and some hangers. They guys are cool though..mostly old vets. The instructor is a retired Nam 130 pilot who showed me his "Slide for life" move in a 152.

Keep that 'Slide for life' thingee (whatever it is) to yourself if your ever come to the Herk side of the house. That crap ain't in our 3-3...

Cheers, Hydro

EDIT: grammatically challenged

[ 22. June 2006, 13:15: Message edited by: Hydro130 ]

• 14 years later...

Thread revival.... looking into doing an aero club at our base and reaching out to see if there was anyone out there that could give some recent guidance on getting one started? Found this website and was going to start reaching out to the aero clubs listed on this website https://www.myairforcelife.com/AeroClubs/WhereToFly.aspx

If there are any bros who either have a plane, or would consider purchasing (with or without partners), consider putting it in a club out of a local airport. It probably won’t make money, but it’ll offset costs for the owner(s) while providing a fun environment to fly in...notably without the AF bullshit or other things that come with flying out of a FBO. You’d be surprised how many people you can have in a club per aircraft while not having much, if any, scheduling conflicts. 

• Upvote 3