Base gyms to be open 24/7

Toro

Saw a gym like this at KADW the other week. Only problem is if you're TDY you could not get in. I am guessing there is some sort of restriction to home station personnel.

I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly here at KLRF you have to register your CAC at the gym during normal business hours to get after hours access. Shouldn't take more than a minute or so and you will be good to go.

I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly here at KLRF you have to register your CAC at the gym during normal business hours to get after hours access. Shouldn't take more than a minute or so and you will be good to go.

Fair enough. We were only there for a few days, and there were still plenty of sidewalks to run on. Plus we didn't know where to go to get access. That's really the only downside of this that I could see.

This great idea will be f'd up the first time someone gets harassed or offended in the gym at night... Then we will need to sit through a 6 hour class and 4 hour ADLS CBT tailored to gym etiquette and how grunting is not allowed when working out before being granted access.

Awesome idea, until somebody drops a barbell on their throat at 0300. Once that happens, like LJ said, we'll have multiple CBT's on spotting and videos on Combat Wingmen Workout Programs.

Maybe we could have roving SARC patrols late at night on base!

Armed with nothing but pride and a rape whistle.

Maybe its just me, but I've always stood up the throttles on my workouts when single ship in the gym late at night. Backed off the weight a little, steered clear of most rack lifts, etc. Always thought that was common sense.

...oh wait, I think I see the problem.

I don't know why you need a guy whose job is to be the gym towel boy.... Seriously do you guys not have E2s and such in trouble? Additional duty for infractions in discipline short of ucmj action should be more than enough at any base to cover the stupid shit like putting a dude at the gym for safety reasons or keeping the grass cut at HQ. we have 24 hour gyms down range at nearly every major FOB I've been too, and they are always locally "owned."

• Upvote 1

I don't know why you need a guy whose job is to be the gym towel boy.... Seriously do you guys not have E2s and such in trouble? Additional duty for infractions in discipline short of ucmj action should be more than enough at any base to cover the stupid shit like putting a dude at the gym for safety reasons or keeping the grass cut at HQ. we have 24 hour gyms down range at nearly every major FOB I've been too, and they are always locally "owned."

You still have towels?

• Upvote 1

The gym at Creech has been 24/7 for a while. They want you to have a "wingman" while working out but that's about it. Besides its nice to have the gym to yourself at 0200.