FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

My squadron is officially compiling a list of volunteers to extend past the madated 29 Sep separation date.

Don't do it unless you really need the income/tricare. AFPC screwed this up, not you. Don't let your commander/buddies corner you into "helping the squadron/community." The Air Force is so bloated, this is the only way guys will figure out what really is mission essential. Work on your resume and set up interviews, let them get ready for ORIs and barbq competitions.

• Upvote 5

###### no. I will leave with my dignity intact. I'll do everything in my power to get out (VSP, Palace Chase, Palace Front, 7 day opt, whatever other program they dream up...) but I'm not going to lie and pass my bad deal to you. I'm not going to look my son in the eye and tell him I got what I wanted because I lied.

I respectfully disagree. The only way they're going to learn their lesson is if they're forced to stick to the original plan. Going DNIF forces them to use the people who are staying (people like me), making it more likely they'll realize the s*** storm they put us in.

Letting them deploy you after VSP is no different than staying late to get ready for an inspection you were told "you don't need to get ready for". Sure you're helping out the bros, but you're allowing the Air Force to kick the can further down the road.

If anything is apparent after these past couple months is AFPC wouldn't know a shitstorm if it punched them in the face. They are a bureaucratic machine far removed from the ops tempo of the air force. They wont feel it, they'll just grab the next name on their excel spreadsheet.

• Upvote 2

I respectfully disagree. The only way they're going to learn their lesson is if they're forced to stick to the original plan. Going DNIF forces them to use the people who are staying (people like me), making it more likely they'll realize the s*** storm they put us in.

You think the machine learns lessons and you think one lowly pilot going tactical DNIF will teach that lesson? You're mistaken. They're going to delete me from the spreadsheet, put your name in, and not blink an eye. If there was nobody left to put in cell B24 and it stayed red, they'd think, "Hm, now what?" But that's not going to happen. If it starts to happen, they'll change the rules. ("We don't have enough MC-12 sensors. Extend everyone indefinitely." It happened.) No learning takes place. No shitstorm realization. In the end, the only one that feels ANY pain is you.

• Upvote 1

Where THE f*ck is congressman on this? Is he still a member of baseops?

This should be a great follow-on to the VA buffoonery.

Besides actually, you know, keeping faith with those who volunteered to serve, then volunteered to leave to help out the Air Force, this has tremendous political legs.

If you are one such person being screwed, find a friendly Congress critter and b1tch and moan at volume 11. Find friendly press outlets. You have nothing to lose. Big Blue is happily making you turn one more trick, why not cry "rape?"

Could you be more specific? Also, getting a deployment cancelled highlights you for MEB consideration, which could be much longer than the deployment.

Would they bother with an MEB for someone who already has a separation date?

Would they bother with an MEB for someone who already has a separation date?

Yes they will, and they'll hold you indefinitely after your DOS until the conclusion.

You apparently don't know the extent to the bureaucracy in the MDG.

Medical Hold is less common and more difficult than it once was, but it still happens to to at least one patient at every MTF every year. Last year, we had 6 cases that were considered for Medical Hold, 2 actually ended up staying beyond their original DOS. Enlisted have the option to waive the MEB/Med Hold--it's more complicated for Officers.

Much is dependent on the condition and amount of evaluation already completed. In one unique case, I saw an M-RILO (Modified Review In Lieu Of Medical Evaluation Board) initiated, submitted, and adjudicated in one day. Very rare, but the condition was only for mild-mod sleep apnea. This is why I've posted multiple times that if you have a condition that might go to MEB, you should have reported it immediately, but if that accidentally slipped your mind, you ought to begin the evaluation 12-24 months before your DOS/DOR, NOT <30 days.

2005 11M VSP Approved

I just spoke with my Commander and he mentioned that the AF is discussing allowing VSP'ers to stay on AD until Mar-Apr to ease the pain. Has anyone else heard this?

Has there been any more words/info on this. It would be nice to line up guard training to a DOS.

Edited by BuffandTexanDriver

Has there been any more words/info on this. It would be nice to line up guard training to a DOS.

My squadron is compiling a list of people interested in extending past 29 Sep to Feb-Mar timeframe. My CC is not sure where the request is coming from, obviously above him. I am at Randolph in a PIT squadron.

My squadron is compiling a list of people interested in extending past 29 Sep to Feb-Mar timeframe. My CC is not sure where the request is coming from, obviously above him. I am at Randolph in a PIT squadron.

Anymore folliow up to this? My CC would absolutely support me delaying my separation as we will be crushed with the VSP departures.

Just the PSDMs, not the matrices? I'm sure I do. PM me.

Does anyone have a copy of the original PSDM announcing the FY14 Programs? If you have all versions, that'd be extremely helpful. Thanks!

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

So I was one of those that applied for VSP when it was first offered, but was then tagged with a deployment as AFPC blew past deadline after deadline.

I ended up getting approved for VSP with my original DOS (which would've required me to return early to make) while at my deployed location and my commander here and at my home-station unit pushed to have me come back early. I had separation orders in hand, a scheduled flight out of here, a CADR was submitted and my replacement would've been here a week from today, but AFPC was kind enough to send me an email yesterday saying they extended my DOS to the end of this year and that they told my leadership to turn off sending me home and sending my replacement out here.

Awesome.

It's getting harder and harder to care about an organization that obviously doesn't care about me.

So I was one of those that applied for VSP when it was first offered, but was then tagged with a deployment as AFPC blew past deadline after deadline.

I ended up getting approved for VSP with my original DOS (which would've required me to return early to make) while at my deployed location and my commander here and at my home-station unit pushed to have me come back early. I had separation orders in hand, a scheduled flight out of here, a CADR was submitted and my replacement would've been here a week from today, but AFPC was kind enough to send me an email yesterday saying they extended my DOS to the end of this year and that they told my leadership to turn off sending me home and sending my replacement out here.

Awesome.

It's getting harder and harder to care about an organization that obviously doesn't care about me.

That sucks. Hang in there.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!