FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Never received an e-mail, but when I check my "previous application" under "self service actions" it said the following:

"The Air Force Personnel Center has approved the maximum allowable voluntary

applications for your AFSC/grade/year group/RDTM code or specific weapon

system, or your AFSC/grade/year group has been removed from eligibility for

this year's programs due to adjustments to manpower requirements. Based on

this action, your application has been returned. As a result, you and other

Airmen in your AFSC/grade/year group are no longer eligible for any FY14

voluntary or involuntary force management programs."

So does that mean we are eligible for the FY15 programs such as the VSP/RIF? You would think a phone call to the TFSC would answer this question, but no surprise they haven't a clue. It figures AFPC would release more confusing information like this right before the FY15 VSP is supposed to open. Does anyone proofread shit at AFPC before sending it out?!?!?!?!

Any bets on when AFPC releases the PSDMs for the FY15 VSP seeing as tomorrow the new window opens?

FBomb, here is a link. The matrices and other related information was posted about two weeks ago. As you will notice the 04 and 05 year groups are grayed out. Weird how looking at this site it seems like most of the people approved were in those year groups and the matrices were posted well before the VSP results.

So I have hope for the next round of cuts.

https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/27606/related/1

FBomb, here is a link. The matrices and other related information was posted about two weeks ago. As you will notice the 04 and 05 year groups are grayed out. Weird how looking at this site it seems like most of the people approved were in those year groups and the matrices were posted well before the VSP results.

So I have hope for the next round of cuts.

https://gum-crm.csd.disa.mil/app/answers/detail/a_id/27606/related/1

Old news. I'm looking for the PSDM that 14-38 references as the guidance for the VSP window to open tomorrow. As usual, AFPC does not fail to disappoint on the promise to meet a suspense.

Edit: Ok just checked, new FY15 VSP and TERA PSDMs are on MyPers. Only looked at the VSP program, basically a clone of the FY14 VSP with the same ADSC waivers, etc. As bjax pointed out, the documents all refer to the RIF slides, but they are still dated 02 May. Good luck all.

Edited by FBomb

So if my year group/AFSC/RTDM is closed out is there any sense in applying for FY15 VSP?

Good question. Who wants to go through 6 more months of getting jerked around if they aren't going to cut any more? However, the SECAF's recent words allude to more cuts than what we are seeing right now.

We had discussion a while back about the limited funds available for Force Shaping this fiscal year. The budget is much larger next year. I'm not sure we can rely on AFPC to update the matrices in time for the next VSP window so I have no idea what to do. The uncertainty over the past few months almost made my wife kill me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Good question. Who wants to go through 6 more months of getting jerked around if they aren't going to cut any more? However, the SECAF's recent words allude to more cuts than what we are seeing right now.

We had discussion a while back about the limited funds available for Force Shaping this fiscal year. The budget is much larger next year. I'm not sure we can rely on AFPC to update the matrices in time for the next VSP window so I have no idea what to do. The uncertainty over the past few months almost made my wife kill me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also like to know if I am still eligible for FY14 palace chase since the email said I am no longer eligible for FY14 voluntary programs.

I sent the following to the TFSC today, it is listed as "elevated" now. not sure the source data is 100% correct, but looks like no more 11B's were selected regardless of the matrix numbers.

"How is it that zero 11B's are getting approved for separation on this final round? Your matrix had multiple 11B's in several different year groups still remaining, how can you say you met your quota without approving anyone?? Are you looking for IG complaints? is there an appeal process for VSP disapprovals??"

How do you know none of the 11Bs that applied were approved? Have you gone to every person that applied and asked what their status is? And what do you think threatening an IG complaint is going to do, make them approve people? Not everyone that was approved is going to post their status on BODN.

You have to realize that just because they weren't approved through the VSP (pay), they could have decided to simply separate. Or for someone that still has an ADSC, they could have found a job through palace chase and that will subtract from the overages as well.

How many '04 approvals had already pinned on Major when they submitted their FY14 VSP applications? My guess is zero. They Dont want to pay the majors to get out. However, many '04 guys will pin on by 29 Sept and get Major pay upon separation anyways.

'04 11M

C-17 IP on white jet tour

Pinned on 1 Jan

Denied

Edited by Mimpdaddy

How do you know none of the 11Bs that applied were approved? Have you gone to every person that applied and asked what their status is? And what do you think threatening an IG complaint is going to do, make them approve people? Not everyone that was approved is going to post their status on BODN.

You have to realize that just because they weren't approved through the VSP (pay), they could have decided to simply separate. Or for someone that still has an ADSC, they could have found a job through palace chase and that will subtract from the overages as well.

There's at least one in my squadron that PC'd. I don't know if he had an ADSC or not. Major, 11B, evaluator, B-1s.

'06 11M KC-10 type filling an RPA billet disapproved yesterday. Don't think I've heard of any other KC-10 or even other tanker dudes in general getting approved.

Dropped my FY15 VSP app in the system this morning at 6. Let the next fiasco begin...

There were at least two from my previous 135 Sq.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I have been in touch with three of the four bases with eligible 11B's who applied, (not counting whiteman) the ball is in their court to prove me wrong or provide some data to the contrary, I dont have every data point but enough to make an educated guess..

This

Also, if I were a betting man, I'd say the Bone will take the lions share of whatever 11B releases materialize. Something about "Key Nuclear Billets" or some such buzzword that keeps Buff & B-2 guys in the same incestuous PCS circle till they die.

and screw the IG, I'm going straight to Barbara Walters!

I hope she doesn't make you cry during the interview like she did to Oprah; or your career then takes the path of the two F-22 whistleblowers.