FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I just got off the phone with the TFSC. He said I don't have an answer because officer notifications had to go out manually and those that haven't gotten one yet would be notified by the end of the week. So, that's their current talking point.

Congrats to those approved, good luck to those waiting, and God have mercy on the poor bastards denied.

'05 11M UPT ADSC only

I die a little bit inside with each desktop email alert that isn't from AFPC. My worst nightmare would be an email from AFPC that, upon opening, would congratulate me on no longer being eligible for the RIF...

I'm happy for everybody in my year group that gotten approved so far because that lessens my chance of getting RIF'ed in the fall. Keep the good news coming!

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm happy for everybody in my year group that gotten approved so far because that lessens my chance of getting RIF'ed in the fall. Keep the good news coming!

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

And higher promotion chances too, right?? :salut: <sarcasm> ... all I know is I don't want to be one of the poor saps picking up the peices after this mass exodus. I am on leave this week but I can't seem to stop checking vMPF every half hour or so, just trying to make room for the true blues :airman:.

It looks like the guy who is approving VSP down at AFPC had his wife or girlfriend leave him for a 2005 11M and wants to make sure there are none left on Active Duty!!! Congrats to all who were approved! I hope this doesn't have the same impact as the 2006 VSP that wiped out a ton of IP/EP types in the C-17 and C-5 (I'm sure CAF had a similar problem). Hopefully more good news will come soon for everyone still waiting... good luck!

It looks like the guy who is approving VSP down at AFPC had his wife or girlfriend leave him for a 2005 11M and wants to make sure there are none left on Active Duty!!! Congrats to all who were approved! I hope this doesn't have the same impact as the 2006 VSP that wiped out a ton of IP/EP types in the C-17 and C-5 (I'm sure CAF had a similar problem). Hopefully more good news will come soon for everyone still waiting... good luck!

No - this is much, much worse.

Still, I am happy for the folks headed out - getting what you want in life is important. And timing is everything...

Chuck

Edit: For a point of clarification: this will be worse in the C-17 community, who will have now endured two force reductions which have decimated the IP ranks since its inception, one in 2006, now one in 2014 (and a minor one in 1999). Though years apart, the cumulative effects of starting a community between 1994-1999, the outflow of IPs in 1999, constant mobility operations without any letup between 2001-2006, the VSP debacle of 2006, the expansion of the community 2006-2010, its organ-donor relationship with the RPA community, and now its inevitable retraction (CHS and TCM will each lose a squadron - sorry Pathfinders and Food Lions), and the 2014 VSP have taken quite the toll on the active duty force - not sustainable.

Training is down, experience is down, morale is down. Picking up the pieces will not be easy given the compound interest of the problem at hand.

Fly safe dudes, watch your asses.

Edited by Chuck17
  • Upvote 3

Mish_Hacker,

I haven't heard of any movement at Dyess on the C-130 or B-1 side. Have you?

Nothing for b1 or 130 as far as I know, though I'm not really tapped into the 130 numbers. All I heard was that 40 dudes in the 317th applied on Feb 6. Silence since then. If I hear anything I'll pass it on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sorry Pathfinders and Food Lions
Maybe you have more update info than I do but I got a call from a buddy in the 17th about two weeks ago saying they were told they were being cut next year.
Edited by Fuzz

Gator- google AF-epubs, search leave, ctrl F payment

Payment for Accrued Leave. Title 37, U.S.C., section 501, is the authority for payment for accrued leave upon reenlistment, retirement, separation under honorable conditions, or death. It limits payment of accrued leave to 60 days in a military career effective 10 Feb 76. A military career includes former service in enlisted or officer status"

I'll take 10%. Haha

Edited by chizz

Congrats to all those approved, still very hopeful for those who haven't heard yet. To those who are staying in, if I were a religious man id be praying for you.

I start terminal on Friday (TERA) and will always appreciate the hell out of the BO community for being the best source of info through this turmoil.

Anybody keeping track? What's the count now?

Congrats to the approved. I VSP'd in 2006. One of the best things that has ever happened to me. Just make sure you don't slack on your CBT currencies and additional duties just because you're getting out. Also, no talking about airlines in the Squadron.

Gear pig

I have not posted often on bodn but it seems as though it is usually to you...I don't know you so this isn't personal but that sounds like something a pathetic excuse for a SQ CC would say.

Thanks to everyone for passing along information. I got the approval yesterday

'04 11M

9 Months ADSC waived

Are there any limitations on being tasked with a deployment after you've been approved VSP? I think there is a limitation but I honestly don't feel like reading all 169 pages of this thread (or calling TFSC) to find the answer.