FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

my buddy is an '03 Buff that applied and hasnt heard yet. rickybobby, they let a T-6 IP leave to go fly the E-11????? SCORE!!!! have fun flying for corporate

Chizz,

I "volunteered" after I saw 4 bros head over to fly caravans on 365s. I am hoping to get re-qualled in the Tanker in the ANG (or stay here in T-6s) and then head to an airline job. Unfortunately my type rating expires in Aug on the global.

What a great day!

Of the 10 or so of us 11Ms that applied in my squadron, only one was denied. From the looks of things, the 2005 year group fared out well. Congrats to everyone!

2005 11M

2.5 years UPT ADSC

The only problem is that they let bucky60k out of his AD cage. Better watch out for that hombre!

Edited by Cornholio5

FAA type ratings don't expire, you just go non-current.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

correct, you are just non-current. and all it shows it you can fly a jet like that and it gets you in the door to about 50% of the corporate gigs if they like you. most of us without that kind of type wont even have a shot even if i have 3x the amount of hours you do.

most of us without that kind of type wont even have a shot even if i have 3x the amount of hours you do.

So... how many people do you know that are in "corporate flying" (as you put it)?

A former commander and E-11 pilot in particular. A couple former kc-10 guys with GV types And one without (family friend) and a bunch of other randos like a local guy for a jewler and a family friend used to for a car dealership. Why do you ask?

Just curious. With the huge amount of people getting out combined with the VSP what do you think it'll be like hiring at the airlines? I imagine there will be a decent amount of legacy guys applying too? This job market could be interesting and I'm sure will make the hiring departments of all walks of civilian aviation happy

Edited by Infamous

I know I'm at the back end of the gravy train but Approved (deployed)...

2005 11M, T-6/C-5

UPT ADSC: 3.0 years waived

Denied on 1st attempt, re-applied.

CDB & CMS not updated yet... Still show "ref to AFPC off vol sep pay" but have the email.

Good luck to all of you guys on the outside, you can have my airline/corporate slot... Going to try my hand at a non-flying gig.

-SH

Congrats to everyone who got approved so far!!

Out of curiosity, has anyone actually gotten a disapproval email yet? I know someone had posted an article or email a few pages back explaining how that would happen next week but then I swear I saw someone post that they had a guy get disapproved. Just wondering, as many of my friends have gotten approved but yet I still have a few who haven't heard (in the same year groups). It's just interesting to me and I hope they're just getting a delayed approval.

Again, congrats on your freedom!

Only a couple 11Rs approved on the forums/FB...at Robins, we had an 03 & 05 approved yesteday. The rest of us 06/07/08 guys are still waiting. The change of MC-12s to a 11R core threw off all guesses.

Just curious. With the huge amount of people getting out combined with the VSP what do you think it'll be like hiring at the airlines? I imagine there will be a decent amount of legacy guys applying too? This job market could be interesting and I'm sure will make the hiring departments of all walks of civilian aviation happy

There's a thread for that.