FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I thought Thurs, 22 May was the big day? I mean did you seriously think AFPC was going to be "earlier" on a broken promise fake deadline.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• Upvote 1

I thought 11/12 May was the big day? No wait, 7 March was the big day, or 16 May was the big day.

I'm still waiting on my RIF pre-selection brief that was due to be sent to me on 14 May.

Maybe Ops should start working TOTs this way. "You'll get your weapons effects whenever I damn well please!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I'm actually leaning more towards June 1st. Multiply 1.25 times the cumulative years in service, subtract DEROS, divide by the greatest ADSC, add to the deployment return date (but only if it is the third Saturday after a full moon--otherwise, ineligible), and finally multiply this by the number of FY14 deadlines met by AFPC. Add this equation to June 1, and I get June 1.

Actually, conditioning has just taught me that the only thing I know to be true is that NOTHING will happen when AFPC says it will.

So, tomorrow is the big day. Is anyone else as psyched as I am?

based on last weeks shenanigans..i'm hoping by thursday....i give tomorrow 2% chance....but i'd love to know tomorrow...i'm getting close to bumping into my terminal......has anyone else been told they cant sell back leave if approved vsp?

This forum has been the best. It is definitely the best source of actual information out there for us to satiate our addiction to community suffering brought on by AFPC.

That being said, if all we are doing is checking the forum a hundred times a day hoping that something good will happen, or that somebody who "isn't as busy as we are" is going to do something about it, then we are missing out on a tremendous opportunity to actually bring about some change. Or at least some awareness. I hope most of us are constantly chirping in our chains of command's ears about the unsatisfactory answers coming out of AFPC, and the general lack of accountability.

I don't mean we should be whining, but we ought to be the "assertive followers" the AF wants us to be and to be continually informing our leadership that the system is failing us. If every single one of us were to do even small things, as a community, it may have some results. Even something as simple as taking personal ORM points for each sortie for "VSP uncertainty" may eventually raise some greater amount of awareness, (not to mention, be a good way to highlight how stupid the ORM program is...what a CYA joke the AF has turned that into).

This debacle is embarrassing. I've given the renters in my other property every single deadline AFPC has given me for whether or not I'll be renewing their lease, or moving back in myself. And every time I have to tell them a new deadline I am embarrassed on the AF's behalf. How is it possible that we can brag about putting "bombs on target, on time," when we can't meet a ridiculously simple deadline that WE GIVE OURSELVES.

Even though I was leaving, I was at least planning on talking the AF up as a good career choice to young men and women, but I find it pretty hard to defend right now. This has basically become a game of whack bat. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IjTuypwXFOg

but i'd love to know tomorrow...i'm getting close to bumping into my terminal.....

So this is the realization that I woke up to today:

If I was approved for VSP during either of AFPC's first two deadlines (you know, that whole monthly batch lie) and had I not been tasked with a deployment in the mean time due to not knowing the fate of my application, my terminal leave would have started today. :(

This forum has been the best. It is definitely the best source of actual information out there for us to satiate our addiction to community suffering brought on by AFPC.

Great first post and welcome Six! I keep telling everyone in my chain about how this and John Q. Public's blog have been the best sources of information in this debacle. It really pisses me off when leadership says they are "rusty" at force management issues. Aren't we supposed to be a service where we are supposed to fight or drop bombs anywhere in the world with a moments notice? How in the f**ck can force management be more complicated than that?

Being able to serve and fly airplanes in the AF has been a lifelong dream, but like you, I just don't know anymore if this is a lifestyle or career choice I would recommend to others. Serving my country has been an honor, but seeing how inefficiently run and disorganized the service is run and "managed" makes me wonder what would happen if a civilian corporation was run this way. Yes, many will argue that we have a different mission as a security force, but I argue that the overall structure between us and our civilian counterparts should be the same. The layers of bureaucratic queep are unbelievable and are slowly killing our service like a cancer.

Anyway, to make this post somewhat productive rather than a bitchy rant, have any '05ers heard ANYTHING yet? I heard a rumor that most would be approved, but take that with a grain of salt. Most of us are approaching a PCS and/or promotion board (until they delay it another year) and we would like to know our fate.

Edited by Cornholio5

Already wrote my congressman. If you haven't, you should too.

I will be doing the same. It's actually a lot easier than you think to write your congressman. I hope more of us do the same. Maybe if enough Congressman making congressional inquiries to the Pentagon about this buffonery someone will be held accountable.

Fly6584, fantastic job. Thanks for writing your congressman. Let us know if you hear anything. I heard afpc is having sapr down WEEK.

It's good to hear that so many people are actually doing what they can, however little that may be. Let's hope our efforts are worth more than a poke in the eye.

Let's be fair, SAPR week is not really the whole week. It starts Wednesday, Wingman day on Thursday, AETC down day on Friday, Holiday on Monday. See, they'll be getting stuff done...

Why are we left with only one option in this entire debacle? All anyone is really empowered with is sitting idly by while ourselves or our brothers in arms are being treated like their futures do not matter to the people who are charged with the serious task of looking out for them. Seriously, if someone actually cared more would be done. The VA scandal is the most recent issue in the DoD that prompted an IG team start looking into the issue. Where is that line concerning this issue? Why are there no repercussions for any of AFPC's actions yet? Maybe there are and we just aren't privy to them (I'm all about reprimand in private) but I feel this latest push of adjudication further to the right is the straw that is going to break the camel's back. Stop giving individuals pending assignments with a separation allocation in the system. All you are doing is wasting everyone's time. If it's approved you have to find someone else for that slot. If you are trying to force their hand into 7 day opting you are creating even more paperwork for yourself. AFPC needs to sit down with whatever other agencies are involved and make a decision once and for all on all the pending applications. Stop allowing people to apply right now and just make a decision.

Let's give them a week and then move on to more drastic measures.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sit-in

Anyone called tfsc today?

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Those assclowns don't know anything. All they do is read the MyPers website and the PSDMs. Any of you calling will know more about force mismanagement than they do.

I spoke with the Flt/CC in charge of manpower at my base today. She said that she hasn't heard anything new with regards to VSP and that AFPC has done a poor job keeping them in the loop lately. Big fvcking surprise! Furthermore, something to keep our eye will be if a decision is made before Thursday when the new VSP window opens. No decision could be a sign for more possible postponement. You can't have 2 sep apps in the system simultaneously. Additionally, according to Gen Welsh, the intent was not to subject anyone for the RIF if they applied for VSP (and got denied) in the same year. The Flt/CC I just spoke with brought up a good point...is that for a calendar or fiscal year? How will All Fvcking Poor Choices (AFPC) interpret that? Technically, the RIF board is in a new fiscal year even though it only moved from August to October.

I'm all for a coordinated effort to put pressure on AFPC, A1, CoS, whoever. This messing with people's lives has to stop.

Btw, those of you who have not done so, read John Q Public's entry on the "every dollar counts" campaign. On that note, perhaps an idea should be to lose afpc and outsource their less than marginal services to a private consulting firm. Or for that matter, challenge a graduate class(es) at a university to do their work for them. I would bet the job could be done not only more efficiently but also effectively while simultaneously saving money(since that is most important these days).

Love the acronym lumbergh. You don't know how long I stat up at night thinking of something that afpc could stand for

Congressman ### (or appointed reader),

I am currently serving in the USAF and stationed at ### AFB. The reason I am writing is to speak to Cong. Xxxx about fraud, waste, and abuse in the USAF, specifically within the major command of Air Force Personnel Command. Additionally, I would like to speak to him about the level of incompetence and mismanagement within this organization. Basically, back in Jan/Feb of this year, the USAF said it needed to cut people to meet congressionally mandated force management cuts. One avenue to make this happen was to ask for volunteers to accept early separation with pay, also known as VSP (voluntary separation with pay). It is now mid-May and I still have not been told whether or not I am approved. This is most frustrating because it directly affects my wife and kids because we cannot plan out our future past This summer. What are the chances of a congressional inquiry/investigation into this matter? I am happy to discuss this matter more over the phone.

Congressman ### (or appointed reader),

I am currently serving in the USAF and stationed at ### AFB. The reason I am writing is to speak to Cong. Xxxx about fraud, waste, and abuse in the USAF, specifically within the major command of Air Force Personnel Command. Additionally, I would like to speak to him about the level of incompetence and mismanagement within this organization. Basically, back in Jan/Feb of this year, the USAF said it needed to cut people to meet congressionally mandated force management cuts. One avenue to make this happen was to ask for volunteers to accept early separation with pay, also known as VSP (voluntary separation with pay). It is now mid-May and I still have not been told whether or not I am approved. This is most frustrating because it directly affects my wife and kids because we cannot plan out our future past This summer. What are the chances of a congressional inquiry/investigation into this matter? I am happy to discuss this matter more over the phone.

I am in the process of faxing a letter and the JQ article to every member of Armed Forces Cmte in the House and the Senate. I'm doing the same for members of the VA Cmte as well for good measure. It totals to about 70 members of the House, and 40 members of the Senate. I'm also sending the same info to every Senator/Congressman of my home state. Fax is old school and time consuming, but it may get more attention that way.

• Upvote 2