FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

was there something in the PSDM that said if you apply for a voluntary program and are denied you are ineligible an involuntary program? Or was that just from a Q&A and nothing official?

I've got to say, I've tried to be patient through the 2+ month delay from when we first should have gotten a response, but this day to day waiting is driving me crazy. I hope I'm not the only one constantly checking DOS in every possible location on vMPF, AMS, PRDA and wherever else it's listed.

Give us an answer already!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I've got to say, I've tried to be patient through the 2+ month delay from when we first should have gotten a response, but this day to day waiting is driving me crazy. I hope I'm not the only one constantly checking DOS in every possible location on vMPF, AMS, PRDA and wherever else it's listed.

Give us an answer already!!!

+1

where is it updated soonest? VMPF Duty? CDP? Where?

Anyone listen to the afpc webinar? Said vsp were starting to be processed again today and notifications to go out this week and over the next few months......

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• Upvote 2

Anyone listen to the afpc webinar? Said vsp were starting to be processed again today and notifications to go out this week and over the next few months......

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

That would mean that FY14 and FY15 VSP would be occurring simultaneously. What could go wrong? Also, to the best of my knowledge, you can only have one separation app in the system at a time be it VSP, PC, etc. I seriously hope that notifications do not extend into the FY15 window, which opens 22 May. What a disaster. Edited by Lumbergh

Also, Sq/CC got clarification on being eligible for involuntary programs after applying for voluntary. If your VSP application required ANY ADSC waiver then the stipulation doesn't apply and you are eligible for the RIF and require a RRF.

That would mean that FY14 and FY15 VSP would be occurring simultaneously. What could go wrong? Also, to the best of my knowledge, you can only have one separation app in the system at a time be it VSP, PC, etc. I seriously hope that notifications do not extend into the FY15 window, which opens 22 May. What a disaster.

I'm really hoping that we know by the end of the week...but based on their performance thus far i'm not counting on it. Logic would tell you that there needs to be results for FY14 VSP before the FY15 VSP window opens.

• Upvote 1

Also, Sq/CC got clarification on being eligible for involuntary programs after applying for voluntary. If your VSP application required ANY ADSC waiver then the stipulation doesn't apply and you are eligible for the RIF and require a RRF.

I'm really hoping that we know by the end of the week...but based on their performance thus far i'm not counting on it. Logic would tell you that there needs to be results for FY14 VSP before the FY15 VSP window opens.

"We didn't lie, the truth changed!"

• Upvote 2

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan. If you apply for a voluntary program and are denied, you will not be RIFd. Period."

Hopefully, your SQ/CC talked to someone at AFPC that is not the person in charge of setting FY14 Force Management deadlines. Or maybe hopefully they did, and their info is as good as an AFPC deadline. Lots of fun questions for Commander's Calls now...

• Upvote 1

Ah yes, integrity first.

Next few months.... Assuming I get VSP approved in a "few months," that will make my last bit of Active Duty service a real shit-show. I guarantee my usefulness to the squadron will be about nil as I try to get my civilian life in order. The longer they kick this can down the road, the harder it is going to be for my squadron-mates to pick up the ball that is going to be dropped when I (and my fellow VSP'ers) prepare to depart the fix.

• Downvote 2

Next few months.... Assuming I get VSP approved in a "few months," that will make my last bit of Active Duty service a real shit-show. I guarantee my usefulness to the squadron will be about nil as I try to get my civilian life in order. The longer they kick this can down the road, the harder it is going to be for my squadron-mates to pick up the ball that is going to be dropped when I (and my fellow VSP'ers) prepare to depart the fix.

+1 to that. I'm getting stuff together for terminal in July and am already as worthless as tits on a bull.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the holdup is tied to funding issues. FY14 only has so much in funding against it for VSP, not enough to clear the entire list of VSP applicants. While AFPC had a rack and stack to determine which officers would be let go in a specific AFSC, I do not believe they had such a rack and stack ready for determining cross AFSC priorities. As such, they probably don't have a clue who to get rid of when looking against all officers who've applied.

watch the FY14 get denied and they say "we want to separate you in FY15, please apply for the FY15 VSP May 22"

Thats what happened to me...except thanks to the ridiculous TIG requirement I'm not eligible for the FY15 RIF/VSP even though about two thirds of my year group is.

Edited by FBomb

watch the FY14 get denied and they say "we want to separate you in FY15, please apply for the FY15 VSP May 22"

Except I will have a senior in high school next year and cannot separate in December. This timetable was perfect for my family. I was hoping to aim to be RIFed if this VSP didn't work out, but I'm afraid they'll hit their numbers before then.

Maybe I’m overthinking this and perhaps I’m applying too much common sense but hear me out.

The “pulse” messages started April 8. They reported numbers for both O and E approvals. O’s at 167 and E’s at 2,471. As the weeks rolled on the O numbers slightly increase to 380 while the E’s haven’t moved. They now report 2,400 E’s because I suspect they want to use round numbers. That number has remained constant since the first “pulse” message.

This is despite weekly messages that they are continuing to processing remaining eligibles. Now, I get that processing and approving are separate things, but why play word games with this.

To me this look like they have reached another “strategic pause” even though they don’t want to call it that because of the backlash the last one caused.

Now to the rub. The E’s have the QFRB going on right now. Supposedly from May 5-25th? I don’t expect to hear anything on E VSP’s until after that.

My first thought is that it makes sense. Kick out the guys you don’t want first before letting the guys you do want. If this is the case then AFPC screwed up yet another portion of the FM. If I’m right, then they should have made that clear at the beginning. Poor planning is an understatement with this shit show.

Edited by ReferenceGround