FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Haven't been able to see new matrix.

2000 11M. If overage is gone, please tell me now that my VSP is denied and don't wait til after 1 May. I signed up on 6 Feb, is that too much to ask AFPC?

Nobody knows if these numbers include applications already 'processed' but not notified or what. There may still be hope that you receive a nod and maybe they just updated the matrix to reflect what they have already approved. Last week it sounded like they had quite a few approvals who were still not notified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

If they go red today and intend to approve those that they have already in hand that owe ADSC, that would prevent another 2000 11M who doesn't owe commitment from applying when there are still 2 weeks left for submissions...

doubtful, but I guess I'll just sit here and wonder for the next two weeks since I can't apply for PC until they announce the results.

I'm generally a pretty positive person, but I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

Yeah...not so well played after all.

Just got a call from AFPC saying they sent the approval to the wrong "Maj Xxxxx". The quota has been met and I was down the list a few. Currently waiting for a decision from a General on how to proceed from here.

All I've been wanting is a resolution to this process, either a yes or no. Kind of sucks telling your family you've been approved, then turning around a couple hours later and telling them you still don't have a clue!

Any word on your situ?

Any word on your situ?

Yes...game back on! They pushed it up the chain and the decision was to let the "approved" retirement date stand.

Not sure what went into the decision, but it definitely worked in my favor. Probably trying to avoid the same bad publicity from last week. Despite the AFPC poor showing overall, I do have to say the retirements NCOIC was timely in keeping me up to date on the situation in person on the phone. No robo messages, the decision was made quickly (less than 24 hrs), and I was informed ASAP.

Now on to the job search!

Best of luck to all those awaiting answers...

So my VSP application still says that same thing....

AFPC TFSC SDR View (DPTO) (Assigned on: 2/28/2014 7:56:00 AM)

Just got off the phone with the TFC and they said that the guidance they have is that they will be waiting till after 1 May and their intention is to notify people NLT mid May.......they just keep kicking the can down the road. Unfortunately my year group '01 is now closed. I am hoping but not holding my breath that I am on the approved pile waiting to be notified. I have waited 72 freaking days thus far.....this all feels like a cruel joke.

They seem to send out a few Friday approvals every week. I wonder if they'll do that again today or if they really will just save them all until 1 May.

What if AFPC actually completed a task early? Instead of waiting (again), they decide to go ahead and process the apps that have been there since February 6.... Well I can hope in one hand...

Also, why the delay until 1 May? They've A) already processed non-ADSC applications and B) will have another VSP window open up in later may (I assume this is for the folks that missed the first VSP). If you had so many people apply that were ineligible, it is highly unlikely that there are people out there that said, "I'd love to apply, but I'm ineligible." If there is one rule that AFPC continues to reinforce is that you should ignore all information they publish, apply early, and hope it sticks. If someone hasn't already applied (or reapplied in the case of those early denials), I doubt that this extra time will see any new submissions. In the meantime, all of us whose lives and careers have been on pause since January can just sit on our thumbs even longer....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I received an e-mail from AFPC today. If you applied for TERA II and your status is "FM-Pending Auth" then you still are in the running. Retirements is still waiting for a decision on these applications from Air Staff. AFPC said they still had several TERA II applications and a decision was in the very near future (whatever that means). Additionally, if you want to change your retirement date to 1 Sep 14 then you have to close out your application and go through the whole process again.

Edited by TERA applicant

Guest ThatGuy

Looks like the 11R pilots aren't signing up yet because their year groups haven't been closing out from the last matrix I saw. The other pilot AFSCs have been closing out faster than a senorita in Del Rio showing up to the base claiming you fathered her 1 year old last month. A lot of individuals put in for VSP from the 11R, 06 year group. Which tells me it's the calm before the storm that the AFPC matrix cannot reflect. Essentially, AFPC has a lot of work to do in regard to VSP. Anyone think they will get the end strength numbers they desire?

Looks like the 11R pilots aren't signing up yet because their year groups haven't been closing out from the last matrix I saw. The other pilot AFSCs have been closing out faster...

I think they just haven't gotten around to officially approving/denying any 11R VSP applications yet. They just did the 11R TERA last week, so maybe they'll get to it soon. Word I got from AFPC indicated there were eight 11R applicants for TERA from the 99 year group, with three being approved based on the allowed quota. The 99 year group is closed out on the latest matrix. I know we have several VSP applicants between the two U-2 squadrons and am guessing they have a similar quota system to decide who stays and who goes. They did have a rack and stack, but I don't know for sure the qualifiers. Remaining ADSC did play a role though.

Good luck!

VSP just approved.

Stats:

12R

2003 YG

O-4

No ADSC but a pending assignment with an Assignment Selection Date of 2 December 2013 (not sure how much this mattered)

Applied 6 Feb, commanders recommended approval but said that I was not in excess to local requirements, in case anyone cares.

FWIW, I read BONEWSO's story last Monday of submittng a ticket through TFSC which seemed to result in movement. I did the same, submitted on Monday, got a canned reply on Friday, basically repeating the new PSDM language about 1 May. Then today, Monday the 21st, Approval e-mail.

Good luck to those still waiting.

Edited by nichter