FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

How did you guys know that the '02 year group is +40? Is that published somewhere? Let the public flogging commence if I missed this somewhere... Anyone know the overage for '05?

-SH

It was on the RIF overage matrix before they took it down in Feb. I can't remember exactly but I think we(05) were around 18%-22% overage out of those eligible (64 overage out of 280ish eligible)? Edited by lossofclocklossofdata

How did you guys know that the '02 year group is +40? Is that published somewhere? Let the public flogging commence if I missed this somewhere... Anyone know the overage for '05?

-SH

Back on the RIF matrix published in Jan, the 2005 11M were overmanned by 84 out of 466 eligible, which is about 18% of our year/AFSC. This could have changed in the past 3 months of course, but they haven't published new numbers like that for officers to my knowledge .

Now that it seems like "Batch 1" has been announced, does anyone know the next timeline? I'm sure it's all full of inaccuracies at this point, but after 1 May, is there any idea when announcements from that Batch are supposed to be announced? Is the required DOS the same of NLT end of September?

I wouldn't call it batch 1 complete. I think they are just working on them one by one. A WSO in my squadron, that applied one day after me, was approved last week and I still haven't heard anything. This makes me think that they have just assigned the cases to specific people that are working at different speeds.

Neither of us have an ADSC, so there is really no other reason he would get notified before me.

Edited by BONE WSO

It would seem that those members who have an application status of "AFPC OFF Voluntary Separation Pay" are checked out and ready for approval -- but that is pending actually needing to approve their application based on the matrix updating.

Are you saying that if an applicant has this status and their AFSC/year still needs people cut, that AFPC has already pre-approved them?

I called and talked to AFPC... She (the level 1 rep) looked into my account and on the back side of their gonculator it says "pending TL approval". The rep said this means Team Lead and she inferred this is the last step prior to approval but wasn’t entirely sure nor did she have any idea on how long it will take to get an answer.

My current status in CMS shows "referred to off voluntary separation pay". Take it for what it's worth but I won’t believe anything until I have my orders in hand.

-SH

My current status in CMS shows "referred to off voluntary separation pay". Take it for what it's worth but I wont believe anything until I have my orders in hand.

-SH

Look at the previously assigned agencies box below in CMS.

I show AFPC OFF VOLUNTARY SEPERATION PAY. In the box above I show, referred to AFPC OFF VOLUNTARY SEPERATION PAY. If you have both if these you are at the last stop. However, I've been at this crossroad since 4 March.

I've talked to the TFSC numerous times and the technician said it's the final approval/disapproval stage. Based on the current trend it's all the 02 11M that are being processed now. Hopefully they can crank out 2 yr groups a week.

Edited by shweaty

Are you continued or a LtCol? What it looks like is the Air Force is cleaning house on the continued Majors but haven't approved any under 19 year LtCols yet (a big yet!)

I'm a Lt Col, just over 15 years. As of this morning I still haven't heard anything on TERA. My commander was able to push my RNLTD to 31 July. I did see that most of the people getting approved were Majors...I wonder if they wil meet their numbers with Majors and deny the rest of us. It would be nice to know! The "we hope to have an answer on all TERA applications by the end of the week...." was last week. So obviously they didn't meet that 'hopeful suspense' either.

PSDM 14-32 (TERA Phase III) is now posted on myPERS. I'm stepping to fly, so I haven't read it in full. But from the very quick glance I took, it looks like it applies to all deployed officers and those with pending deployments. It also applies to those ineligible under TERA Phase II, but now eligible due to changes in the voluntary program matrix. Retirement effective dates must be NLT the first day of the fourth month after returning from deployment for those deployed, or 1 Sep 14, for those in the second category. I could be off on my facts, as I have not read through it all.

Edited by flyjetz

PSDM 14-08, VSP, was also updated. Looks like major changes to the rules WRT deployments and 365's.

EDIT: Changes have also been made to the new ADSC waiver table previously posted on MyPers. Looks like recoupment will now be required for any AFIT/AAD's paid for by big blue. Note says that HAF is in the process of approving/disapproving waiver to this policy.

Edited by FBomb

New VSP PSDM posted on mypers date 11 Apr. Officially not processing applications until after 1 May.

"Applications, including those not yet processed and adjudicated, will be processed after the application window closes on 1 May."

Any other major changes to 14-08? Can't check myPers right now.

New VSP PSDM posted on mypers date 11 Apr. Officially not processing applications until after 1 May.

"Applications, including those not yet processed and adjudicated, will be processed after the application window closes on 1 May."

How can I be furious and at the same time not at all surprised?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, has any other TERA applicants had their myPers tickets updated at all this month? FM Validation Complete on 31 March. No change since.

Hoping the ball will get rolling tomorrow with the supposed "round 2".

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

"Members who are deployed or projected for deployment, as long as they meet all other eligibility criteria, may apply for VSP and if approved the requested DOS will be NET 30 days and NLT four months from the return date from the deployment."

The deployment I got tagged with AFTER I applied for VSP almost f*cked me.

OK, so no answer on the TERA application that I submitted in January, and yet AFPC has the bandwidth to begin ANOTHER round of TERA...

For those now applying, best wishes. I hope your wait is nowhere near my wait. How do I plan for a future when I have no idea where it will be (in or out of uniform)?

Two weeks beyond original deadline, 3 days beyond extended deadline, and no answers or information available about my application from the TFSC, except...it is in the retirement section.

I don't like to bitch, not normally helpful; however, I am now beyond pissed. I cannot be late on any number of deadlines...TOT, training, finance, no-show for not supporting my support group on time...but I am not worthy of so much as a flipping update on my application that is officially 2 weeks late and counting.

I expect to be crapped on...after all I signed the papers without illusion. This shit is now just rude.

• Upvote 4

OK, so no answer on the TERA application that I submitted in January, and yet AFPC has the bandwidth to begin ANOTHER round of TERA...

For those now applying, best wishes. I hope your wait is nowhere near my wait. How do I plan for a future when I have no idea where it will be (in or out of uniform)?

Two weeks beyond original deadline, 3 days beyond extended deadline, and no answers or information available about my application from the TFSC, except...it is in the retirement section.

I don't like to bitch, not normally helpful; however, I am now beyond pissed. I cannot be late on any number of deadlines...TOT, training, finance, no-show for not supporting my support group on time...but I am not worthy of so much as a flipping update on my application that is officially 2 weeks late and counting.

I expect to be crapped on...after all I signed the papers without illusion. This shit is now just rude.

^^ What he said