FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I checked the Case Management System status last night and mine says "Referred to AFPC Off Voluntary Sep Office" or something to that effect. I just wanted to make sure by it saying "Referred to BPO" in vMPF that it wasn't one step short of being under consideration while the approvals are happening.

I'm in the same spot as you when I use the case management button on VMPF. Thanks for the heads up on that. You are at the last stop. TFSC told a fellow sq member that they are doing them on a one on one approval so no mass batch processing. They also told me they'll do a records review too. Just info from MILPDS not OPRs.

Edited by shweaty

Via John Q Public Facebook; apparently AFPC is now doing take backs for previously approved applications.

That guy needs to keep all documentation showing that his retirement was approved and talk with his Commander.

If none of that works, he should be ready with his IG and Congressional complaint.

• Upvote 1

2001 11R TERA... For one of you guys lucky enough to have had your TERA approved ( and still watching the rest of us in misery on this forum... ) My status has been on FM- Validation Complete ( I think that is the correct wording) for quite sometime. Was this the last status you showed before getting the good news?

Mine was VC until approval. Now it says "approved." At least it did yesterday. Unbelievable to hear about folks getting the "oops, our bad" message from AFPC.

I just read some crazy stories from the AF retirement facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/AirForceRetirement

I just called the AFPC MyPers hotline and the person I talked to said that this was in fact not a joke, they changed their mind on some applications, and mine went from approved to disapprove.

I just called as well and same story... I received an approval message last week. The date disappeared from my CDB. TFSC said that I no longer have an approval in the system and the they are working this weekend to send out all the disapproval messages.

wow, when you thought it couldn't get any worse, big blue pulls the TERA approval then denial....

Not to stoke the fear, but this has much bigger ramifications than just to those who have already been hosed. Now everyone who is approved for any of these programs is worried that they will get a "Sorry, nevermind" email. Whatever shred of AFPC credibility remained is forever gone. If they don't reverse those reversals, then every approval is really just a "maybe."

• Upvote 1

Mine was VC until approval. Now it says "approved." At least it did yesterday. Unbelievable to hear about folks getting the "oops, our bad" message from AFPC.

Mypers still shows me as approved but my retirement date is gone from the CDB, TFSC says they have no idea what this means other than I am not retiring 1 August.

Looking at my CMS just now, it doesn't look like anything has changed...still at BPO or whatever.

However, I no longer have the option to see my application under the separations sections of vMPF. I go to "self service actions" and then "separations" and then there are the following options to click on: DD Form 214 worksheet, initial separation worksheet, officer voluntary separation tutorial, voluntary separation, and pre-separation order worksheet.

I may be taking crazy pills but I do not recall seeing all of these options before, especially the DD form 214 and the initial separation worksheet. Also, now when I click on the voluntary separation option it doesn't do anything (which I think that was how I used to get to my submitted application).

Anyone on VMPF see something similar?

2006, C-17, K11M3K, 4 years ADSC

Edited by rbigred300

Not to stoke the fear, but this has much bigger ramifications than just to those who have already been hosed. Now everyone who is approved for any of these programs is worried that they will get a "Sorry, nevermind" email. Whatever shred of AFPC credibility remained is forever gone. If they don't reverse those reversals, then every approval is really just a "maybe."

So much for those of us just waiting on an answer trying to plan our futures. Now even if you get a separation date you can't be sure, we better give future employers fair warning that anything could change at any time. What a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFPC really needs to get their PA folks ahead of this. They should come clean with the mistake publicly, immediately outline the remedy (let them go), and explain how they will prevent this mistake in the future.

AFPC really needs to get their PA folks ahead of this. They should come clean with the mistake publicly, immediately outline the remedy (let them go), and explain how they will prevent this mistake in the future.

LOL

• Upvote 1

Looking at my CMS just now, it doesn't look like anything has changed...still at BPO or whatever.

However, I no longer have the option to see my application under the separations sections of vMPF. I go to "self service actions" and then "separations" and then there are the following options to click on: DD Form 214 worksheet, initial separation worksheet, officer voluntary separation tutorial, voluntary separation, and pre-separation order worksheet.

I may be taking crazy pills but I do not recall seeing all of these options before, especially the DD form 214 and the initial separation worksheet. Also, now when I click on the voluntary separation option it doesn't do anything (which I think that was how I used to get to my submitted application).

click on voluntary separation and your app is in there.

the 2001 guy, how are you applying for TERA? I thought you had to have 15 yrs?

FYSA, had a dude in my unit get VSP approved late last week. 13S, 2008 YG, ADSC for PCS.

It seems like most of the guys getting Officer approved VSPs are fairly young right at the 6 yr mark. Cheapest bunch to reduce the force. Come, get to the 2002 year group already. Good thing we arent at war or anything, god forbid they would have to make timely decisions. These programs were released what, back in like Nov/Dec? we are going on almost 6 months of them failing at their job. Half a year wasted on AFPC trying to figure out this mess, then when you think they do, any small amount of credibility and confidence they have regained in the past week or so has immediately been wiped clean by revoking previous TERA approvals. WOW, amazing. 9 commanders fired over the ICBM stuff, but I am sure there will be some amazing PCS medals given out in San Antonio after all this.

those options were always there. you have to click on voluntary separation in order to be able to see your application

those options were always there. you have to click on voluntary separation in order to be able to see your application

Gotcha. I didn't know all those options were always there, but I did know that you had to click on voluntary separation to see your application. Now when I click on it, nothing happens, it just refreshes the page. So either it is a glitch with the page, or perhaps they pull that option of reviewing/changing your application after it is processed.

Edited by rbigred300

Gotcha. I didn't know all those options were always there, but I did know that you had to click on voluntary separation to see your application. Now when I click on it, nothing happens, it just refreshes the page. So either it is a glitch with the page, or perhaps they pull that option of reviewing/changing your application after it is processed.

I've had the same issue. The only way I have gotten the 'voluntary separation' pop up to work is in IE. I've had no luck in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

I've had the same issue. The only way I have gotten the 'voluntary separation' pop up to work is in IE. I've had no luck in Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.

Good rule of thumb for any AF (or really, any .mil) application or website is to only expect it to work in IE...and probably only with compatibility view enabled because it was likely designed 10 years ago by a bunch of idiots to specifically only work with an ancient version of IE.

Man, talk about getting it all wrong. Just like the non-continued O-4s and the VSP debacle a fews ago, things like this should serve as a huge warning sign to the younger guys.

This is much more than screwing with individuals' lives/post-AF plans. This is adding to the already stacked amount of data points in the "con" column for those guys that are on the fence about staying in.

Did anyone that got a "take back" email on Friday already have retirement orders? I got my orders Friday. , now I have to go in and check. On a Saturday. Again. If CSAF isn't flying nuts from his flagpole after this, I don't care how good of a guy he is, his term is a failure. Three drunk monkeys could run a drawdown better and still have time to fling poo.

• Upvote 5

My friend just got word that his VSP approval yesterday.

31S (SF)

2008 year group

ADSC- less than a year for a PCS.

He was going to get out soon anyways so at least now he gets a nice chunk of money on his way out the door.

Did anyone that got a "take back" email on Friday already have retirement orders? I got my orders Friday. Fuck, now I have to go in and check. On a Saturday. Again. If CSAF isn't flying nuts from his flagpole after this, I don't care how good of a guy he is, his term is a failure. Three drunk monkeys could run a drawdown better and still have time to fling poo.

H

To be clear I haven't gotten the "take back" email and mypers shows me as approved. However, my retirement date is gone from my CDB and my record had gone from a code 20 (projected for retirement) to code 10 (no projected action).

Almost a direct quote from TFSC was that "you are not retiring 1 August and you will probably get a mypers notification that you are disapproved"

To specifically answer your question I did not have orders. Which is interesting because when I talked to FSS on Friday they said the person to cut the orders was out but they would be but as soon as they were back.

Edited by Catbox