FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Yeah, considering the AF has about 2% of the DoD's helos it makes sense that we are filling helo air advisor jobs... SMH!

The Army got out of it by saying that the Mi-17 was not safe to fly. It's the only deployment that Huey guys can fill other than the odd staff job.

Is this only for certain bases or majcoms? Haven't heard anything about it at my base-I have a GS that I would love to steer towards VERA.

Looks like you get another chance.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20140326/BENEFITS/303260035/AF-civilians-another-shot-early-retirement-separation

Edited by MC5Wes

Rusty,

I was tagged for a 365 to teach Afghanis to fly (O-4 T prefix billet). My validated TERA application made me ineligible. So they are still out there.

Altus,

Glad to hear. Maybe I'll know something soon.

Guy at work got tagged cause he's a S-prefix.

Rusty,

I was tagged for a 365 to teach Afghanis to fly (O-4 T prefix billet). My validated TERA application made me ineligible. So they are still out there.

Altus,

Glad to hear. Maybe I'll know something soon.

We still have 365s from all AFSCs showing up to advise with us in AFG. What sucks is that some of them were ineligible for TERA because of their 365. Hopefully they won't get invol'd separated after they get back in 2015 under the updated AF Farce Shaping program.

vMPF is back up... I'm still "Referred to BPO." It appears that this downtime was not used to get SECAF waiver authority for UPT ADSC....

Do you think that's what they're still waiting on? I had hoped the end pause meant they got the approval.

I was thinking with the backlog the pause caused us VSPers are the last priority to TERA and 15 yr retirement and we are at the bottom of the stack.

My other crackpot theory is they only received pilot apps for VSP and not enough of everyone else. HAF is probably waiting on the other AFSC's to apply so they can get cut them and deny us because they filled they're quota.

I'm going bat shit crazy.

Hi. I'm back. Those piss drunk cox in my FSS forwarded my a TERA approval for a TSgt Barbarosa.

What a goat rope. Man, these dudes are PISSING ME OFF.

F U C K !!!!

Dude, that sucks!!! I was wondering why there weren't more guys lighting up this thread saying they got approved too. So I assume you are just waiting like everyone else again?

Hi. I'm back. Those piss drunk cox in my FSS forwarded my a TERA approval for a TSgt Barbarosa.

What a goat rope. Man, these dudes are PISSING ME OFF.

F U C K !!!!

Is it wrong that I laughed?

Sorry dude, that sucks. :beer:

Anyone else get this gem? Is it just me or does it sound like if you ask any questions about your future that has been on hold for the last 3 month, they will conviently loose your request?

Subject

---------------------------------------------------------------

Retirement Request

Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------------

Response Via Email(myPers - Total Force Service Center) - 03/27/2014 04:39 PM Sir/Ma'am

Please refrain from making any inquiries on the status of your case prior to receiving a response from HQ AFPC. Doing so will cause your case to change to an incorrect status and you will no longer be in the correct status for the final Approval/Disapproval decisions.

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated

Very Respectfully,

HQ AFPC Retirements & Separations Branch

Edited by jstarsshag

I am at my wits end.....this is total ######ing bullshit.....make a goddamn decision and let us all know one way or the other. The Air Force leaders and I use that term very loosely owe that to us. I would never want to go to war with any of these incompetent POS we have as "leaders"......they would get us killed. Sorry for the rant but enough is ######ing enough already!!!

Edited by aerobat95
  • Upvote 2

Even though I took it in the ass I've for to ask, what timeline have they broken that would cause you to spazz like that? Other than the 30 day batch shit they have yet to actually bust anything.

Now when they bust the 1 April date, which I expect them to, then we will all spazZ ZZZZZ!!!

I am just fed up with the indecision with this and EVERYWHERE in the Air Force....Not to mention all the dang changes and such.....So 1 April is when we should know.....hmmmm....not gonna hold my breath but who knows maybe the Air Force will surprise me in a good way.....

Edited by aerobat95

Do you think that's what they're still waiting on? I had hoped the end pause meant they got the approval.

I was thinking with the backlog the pause caused us VSPers are the last priority to TERA and 15 yr retirement and we are at the bottom of the stack.

My other crackpot theory is they only received pilot apps for VSP and not enough of everyone else. HAF is probably waiting on the other AFSC's to apply so they can get cut them and deny us because they filled they're quota.

I'm going bat shit crazy.

I was actually just joking about the migration and using that time to get waiver authority. I definitely agree the VSP processing will probably occur after TERA, due to the timeline difference. I'm still curious as to when they will release the "updated" RIF matrix. Until that happens, I don't think they'll process VSP. Unless they are just gonna keep the RIF numbers secret...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk