FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

As far as potential PCS, can't you just 7 day opt out?

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, just curious. I can see the line number argument or unique family situation as being factors. I'm nowhere near retirement and have no dependents, so just trying to get insight into the decision making process

If you are current and qualified with enough hours to get hired by the bankrupt "Butters Air" and sitting at the 17-18 year point when you are offered an assignment you could either accept the assignment (along with the 2 yr PCS ADSC), 7 day opt and get nothing for your 18 yrs of service if you have no ADSC (you would obviously be insane to do this) or apply for TERA if you were eligible. You'd only get about 45% vs the full 50% for getting to 20 yrs, but would easily make up for that 5% difference with a line number 2 yrs earlier.

Expectation management?

"Secretary expects personnel cuts to be less severe than previously estimated"

http://mobile.airforcetimes.com/article/20140226/NEWS/302260031

We were also told that folks would be let go voluntarily, and that didn't happen. We were told twice passed folks would basically not be denied TERA, and that didn't happen. I'm not holding my breath on this one given the overall dismal outlook for the FY15 proposal and the fact it has little chance of passing congress as is. I'll believe this one when I see it.

anyone else's VSP application say referred to "AFPC Voluntary Separation BPO"? Mine changed a few hours ago.

Asked a buddy who was denied VSP (UPT ADSC). Apparently that's the last stop before a decision is made. Also, did you notice how I used three abbreviations in a row there?

Asked a buddy who was denied VSP (UPT ADSC). Apparently that's the last stop before a decision is made. Also, did you notice how I used three abbreviations in a row there?

How was your buddy notified his application was denied? Email from AFPC or notified by CC?

i wonder why some of us with UPT ADSCs have already been denied while others have not...

The only ones I see that haven't been denied yet are the ones still sitting at the Squadron or Wing Commander signature stage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone that has been Referred to BPO has been denied already?

The only ones I see that haven't been denied yet are the ones still sitting at the Squadron or Wing Commander signature stage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think everyone that has been Referred to BPO has been denied already?

Wrong, mine's been through the Sq and Wg, recommend approval at both, referred to BPO, now just today, referred to AFPC Voluntary Separation Pay.

Edited by lloydbraun

Wrong, mine's been through the Sq and Wg, recommend approval at both, referred to BPO, now just today, referred to AFPC Voluntary Separation Pay.

So what're your stats? AFSC? Year group? ADSC? Zodiac sign? I'm a TERA hopeful, but your status sounds hopeful, and I'm sure lots of folks would like to know that stuff. Hell, I'm curious too. Also, keep us updated. You could be the first success story in this 81-page thread.

Also, with the commercial equivalent, the McDonnell Douglas DC-10, seeing less service, fewer replacement parts would be available for the KC-10.

Totally makes sense. Good thing Boeing been keeping those 707 flying so parts stayed on the shelves.