FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

So all those 11X and 12X eligibles WON'T be RIFed, since we were told that we wouldn't RIF anyone who wasn't eligible for a voluntary program?

In theory yes. And as I mentioned before all of these RRF's that we are required to write are a total waste of time and unnessecary.

I know a Sq/CC who just called the Commander's hotline...they told him that UPT ADSCs are not waiverable for VSP, but there was no penalty for applying and getting denied.

I am at a complete loss for words. Just when I think there is no way that this shit can get any more f'ed up. I've been turned down for Palace Chase twice already, my cards have long been laid out on the table. Have 1 yr left of UPT ADSC and I'm just hitting submit anyway. Worst they can do is say no.

Coincidentally, we had a Holloman RPA must-fill come out today.

Hey Liquid... make sure to let your boss know that he has essentially lost the trust of his entire pilot force in less than a week! So they trick all of the 15-19 yr guys by telling them they are eligible for TERA and then rejecting all of their retirement applications saying they are no longer eligible after they are "confirmed" to be eligible and then apply for retirement (because the incompetent moron shoes at AFPC don't even know their own rules). Then they tell another whole group of pilots that they are eligible for VSP and then an hour prior to the application window opening (after everyone has obviously shown their cards to their boss) they change the criteria essentially making all pilots ineligible for VSP. This must be that vector everyone has been looking for... a vector directly to Sheppard Air and All ATPs!

How does that saying go again? Fool me once, shame on you...

Can you say, "Stop Loss" boys and girls???

Edited by Rusty Pipes

Wow. I am at a total loss for words here. This has turned out more buffoonerous than I had ever even imagined it could. Unbelievable. AFPC, you guys really outdid yourselves on this one. Good thing I never planned on it working out for me anyway. But, whatevs, already got the ATP taken care of on the AF's dime. There's not an assignment out there that will convince me to stick around for one second longer than I have to. Year and a half to go...

• Upvote 3

True.

I predict this will end up exactly like the last round, with the exception that more people will be more wary of showing their cards. I've snipped the most important parts from the VSP Q&A. The writing is on the wall…just like last time, they will let anyone apply, but then they will deny 99% of the pilots. Thus, no RIF boards will be cancelled, because the only Officers that want out are the ones they need the most...

Allow me to quote myself here. Not even the slightest bit surprised that A1 has fooked this all to hell. Shame on all of you that were fooled twice.

Looks like 11M was removed from the FY14 Palace Chase exclusion list in the new PSDM 13-65. Does anyone have the old copy handy where 11M was excluded. These notes make more sense now. Why pay someone when you can put them back on the bench. I'm tired, so may be seeing shit.

NOTE 2: The Air Force Reserve is currently 500 pilots and 160 CSOs short with numerous
operational vacancies in C-130 and KC-135 aircraft. If unable to locate the local ISR, call 1-800-
257-1212 or navigate to http://afreserve.com.
NOTE3: The Air National Guard currently has numerous pilot positions available as well as
Operations/Liaison positions. Officers should contact their local In-Service Recruiter, call 1-800-
TOGOANG, or navigate to http://GOANG.com/Careers.
  • Upvote 1