FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

1. K11M3K

2. 2007

3. C-17/unknown

4. Yes, 5 years waived.

This is very good news for us...although not so awesome that they kicked a lot of our apps back in Feb for upt adsc

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Edited by tunes

Divide the dollar amount paid by TA by 24. The multiply that number by the number of months left on your TA adsc.

Correct. Just remember the ADSC starts when the course is complete. Can add a few months.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I stopped paying any serious attention to this VSP debacle months ago and stayed focused on PC. However, after seeing a couple guys get good news today I decided to read the current flavor of PSDM related to Officer VSP and noticed the absence of one damning detail; the "promotion list" or "1yr time in grade" details that initially excluded the 2004 year group is long gone. If I am reading this right, 2004 11X (non 11F) guys are now eligible.

Any 2004 11x dudes apply? Is it possible to apply for VSP with a current application in for PC? I think you can only apply to separate once (at a time). It would be nice to stack a list of concurrent separation requests alongside my stack of ADSC's.

Total dollar amount for all classes or just the most recent? Seems weird I would pay based on classes I took 4 years ago and already ran the commitment on.

It should be the classes that you have the ADSC for. As I understand it your ADSC goes off of the class end date. So if you took classes 4 years ago and already fulfilled the commitment then there should be no need for them to collect any TA that was paid.

Not sure if everyone has seen this. Taken from AF.mil

"Officer and enlisted VSP

About 8,600 VSP applications have been submitted (7,200 enlisted and 1,400 officer), with approximately 50 percent meeting eligibility criteria. In most cases, the ineligible applications are from Airmen who currently serve in a non-eligible AFSC. Even though the VSP window does not close until May 1,750 enlisted VSP applications have been approved thus far with notifications going out this week. Officer approvals will also begin this week now that updated eligibility matrices and overage estimates are published. Applications and additional notifications will continue to be processed in all eligible AFSCs, enlisted grades and officer year groups."

There's an interesting statement in the Q&A for the voluntary matix on MyPers. I wish I'd copied it when I was on a computer with a CAC reader, but it says when the blocks go red, the AFSC/YG won't meet a RIF board. Maybe somebody can grab the exact wording for everyone. Have we finally found out how many times the SECAF and CSAF have to say something before the middle managers actually follow their guidance? (Only have a RIF board if there aren't enough volunteers.)

I was planning to submit a "RIF me" letter to the board if my VSP application was denied...again. If MyPers can be believed (they can't, but here's hoping), those of us who have applied for VSP wouldn't meet a RIF board. We'd either have our VSP approved or run out of overage and a RIF board wouldn't be necessary.

On another bit of good news, with only 1,400 VSP applications, it seems likely that 550 waivers is enough to cover most if not all of the people requesting one. Some fraction of the applicants are eligible based on YG/AFSCs. Some fraction of those applicants are rated. Some further fraction of those applicants have an ADSC other than the ones listed in PSDM 13-65. It seems to me that final number would be less than 550. For you nerds out there, this is a logical argument anologous to the Drake equation. If you don't know what that is and want to, look it up yourself. I'm not wikipedia.

it's weird how different communities do things..in the MC-12 they changed everyone's core flag from whatever it was previous i.e. 11M,11B to 11R and told us we had no say in the matter.

Not sure if everyone has seen this. Taken from AF.mil

"Officer and enlisted VSP

About 8,600 VSP applications have been submitted (7,200 enlisted and 1,400 officer), with approximately 50 percent meeting eligibility criteria. In most cases, the ineligible applications are from Airmen who currently serve in a non-eligible AFSC. Even though the VSP window does not close until May 1,750 enlisted VSP applications have been approved thus far with notifications going out this week. Officer approvals will also begin this week now that updated eligibility matrices and overage estimates are published. Applications and additional notifications will continue to be processed in all eligible AFSCs, enlisted grades and officer year groups."

I'm wondering if the 'ineligible' officers they are referring to are ones with a UPT ADSC.....

it's weird how different communities do things..in the MC-12 they changed everyone's core flag from whatever it was previous i.e. 11M,11B to 11R and told us we had no say in the matter.

I'm wondering if the 'ineligible' officers they are referring to are ones with a UPT ADSC.....

Interesting. And that was with the assumption you would get handed back to your FAM after? I think that's why ours stays. We're considered on an "alpha" or career broadening tour, but go back to our functional when we hit the VML. Similar to a white jet tour.

1 11M T11k3F

2 2004

3 135, T6 & E11 IP

4 10 months upt Adsc

Resubmitted on the first and waiting on the decision. Previously, mine was kicked back for upt Adsc.

I stopped paying any serious attention to this VSP debacle months ago and stayed focused on PC. However, after seeing a couple guys get good news today I decided to read the current flavor of PSDM related to Officer VSP and noticed the absence of one damning detail; the "promotion list" or "1yr time in grade" details that initially excluded the 2004 year group is long gone. If I am reading this right, 2004 11X (non 11F) guys are now eligible.

Any 2004 11x dudes apply? Is it possible to apply for VSP with a current application in for PC? I think you can only apply to separate once (at a time). It would be nice to stack a list of concurrent separation requests alongside my stack of ADSC's.

I was told by the total force service center I could only have one separation application in at a time. The system has eaten my first VSP application after I submitted a separation for misc reasons. I would opt for the VSP over the PC separation if I were making a choice. Worst case if VSP app is denied, resume the PC application. Best of luck.

RB

The 04yg was never excluded from voluntary programs. Go back me look. They are excluded from rif until next year anyway.