FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

VSP approval/disapprovals have started. I got 2 buddies that have received e-mails to their work accounts. 1 approval and 1 disapproval. Unfortunately those are the only friends I have...except for you guys, of course!

We will all know a little more by the end of the day between the matrix and people's approvals. Stay tuned

Ranks and year group AFSC for your friends?

3 months for that? I feel like I was just given The Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything.

Edit: actually much more apt than I originally thought.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrases_from_The_Hitchhiker's_Guide_to_the_Galaxy#Answer_to_the_Ultimate_Question_of_Life.2C_the_Universe.2C_and_Everything_.2842.29

Edited by VSP or 365

What's the overage for 11M 06 yr group?

The overage matrix was for RIF and because they pushed it to Oct and don't have guidance for the new program they removed the matrix even though it was useful for predicting VSP numbers. What's frustrating is that they said they were going to release updated quantifiable numbers and just gave us an eligibility matrix with little change. Even more maddening, the first line says "overages have changed." Enlisted however have an updated matrix because ERB is still a go.

The overage matrix was for RIF and because they pushed it to Oct and don't have guidance for the new program they removed the matrix even though it was useful for predicting VSP numbers. What's frustrating is that they said they were going to release updated quantifiable numbers and just gave us an eligibility matrix with little change. Even more maddening, the first line says "overages have changed." Enlisted however have an updated matrix because ERB is still a go.

Yep and I just got off the phone with the TFSC and they said they still don't know about UPT ADSC's and to refer to 13-65 for guidance that states we are not eligible to apply yet this matrix says we are. When asked to contact the separations people for further guidance I am told they are busy processing applications and not taking questions. Standard AFPC clown show. Can't really say I expected anything, but total incompetence out of them though.

I guess those of us that were initially denied need to sit back and wait to see if anyone is approved first. If anyone at AFPC is reading this please GFY.

Yep and I just got off the phone with the TFSC and they said they still don't know about UPT ADSC's.

Starting to lose composure. Like waiting in line at the DMV watching everyone else pass you by only to find out they now require three proofs of address to process your app and are closing in 5 min.

WhyTF can't they figure out this ADSC bulls#!*?

Step 1. Look up reg governing waiver authority.

Step 2. Ask authority to make decision.

Step 3. Tell everyone decision.

Step 4. Happy or sad consumption of alcohol.

Any info on base or type aircraft or approx year group would be helpful for those that get approved...especially aircraft...just think what you would want to know. I think it is pretty bad that they would start approving without even officially saying again that pilots are eligible.

11M C-17 type here got his approval email for VSP a few hours ago today. No further details, but directly confirmed...not rumor.

ThreeHoler has got a lot of good info, but before this turns into a shitstorm of piecemeal questions-

Rules for posting VSP Approval/Disapproval shit:

1. AFSC

2. Year group

3. Airframe

4. UPT/UNT ADSC - yes or no

ThreeHoler - any info on year group/ADSC on said person?

Edited by VSP or 365
  • Upvote 1

ThreeHoler has got a lot of good info, but before this turns into a shitstorm of piecemeal questions-

Rules for posting VSP Approval/Disapproval shit:

1. AFSC

2. Year group

3. Airframe / RDTM

4. UPT/UNT ADSC - yes or no

ThreeHoler - any info on year group/ADSC on said person?

I would think core flag might be more useful than RDTM or AFSC for 11's unless we want to keep referencing 11-412. Edited by lossofclocklossofdata

From mypers (note, this is not all of them, but I couldn't figure out how to copy the table....):

ADSC Waivers

UPT - 6 years

Advanced Flying Training - 3 years

- Initial Qualification/Requalification

- AETC Pilot Instructor Qualification

- Flying Instructor Qualification

- Qualification Training conducted at 306 FTG

NOTE: Waivers are not authorized for ADSCs Rated Officers incurred through attendance at Weapons Instructor Course and Test Pilot School.

• Recoupment of unearned portions of bonuses is required under the LADSC Waiver Program to include but not limited to retention bonuses, special pays, tuition assistance, and any other monetary incentives unless specifically exempted.

• When recoupment is applicable, recoupment will be an amount that bears the same ratio to the total amount or cost provided to the unearned/unserved portion of active duty the officer agreed to serve.

• Officers who leave the Air Force under voluntary separation and retirement programs without completing their Post-9/11 GI Bill Active Duty Service Commitment forfeit the transferred benefit, and any benefits that dependents used may be treated as an overpayment subject to recoupment by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Officers who wish to retain their transfer benefit may consider continued service in the Guard or Reserve through the PALACE CHASE program. See Attachment 3, FY14 PALACE CHASE Program (PSDM 13-65), for further information. For questions, contact the DVA at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551). This note does not apply to officers approved for VSP or TERA.

• The above ADSCs will not be waived beyond the timeframe authorized in the above table.

• Officers who leave the Air Force under voluntary separation and retirement programs without completing their Post-9/11 GI Bill Active Duty Service Commitment forfeit the transferred benefit, and any benefits that dependents used may be treated as an overpayment subject to recoupment by the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA). Officers who wish to retain their transfer benefit may consider continued service in the Guard or Reserve through the PALACE CHASE program. See Attachment 3, FY14 PALACE CHASE Program (PSDM 13-65), for further information. For questions, contact the DVA at 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551). This note does not apply to officers approved for VSP or TERA.

The last sentence here seems to contradict the rest of the note. Anybody got any ideas on this one?

Edited by Mish_Hacker

The last sentence here seems to contradict the rest of the note. Anybody got any ideas on this one?

Exact statement from previous PSDMs for enlisted programs. Maybe a formality but I don't think it applies to VSP or TERA like it states. For example an enlisted guy with less than 6 yes in service was not eligible for vsp but could elect to separate voluntarily instead of meeting the ERB. In this case he would have to pay back GI transfer.

Approved VSP '07 year group 13B, 6 month ADSC for TA

TA recoupment required?