FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Anyone else receive a message this weekend from AFPC asking you to submit your SOU? Not sure if that is a sign that AFPC is getting close to sending out approvals.

I did, and judging by the level of panic on the Facebook page over the SOU, everyone else did as well.

I would like to offer an apology to the forum and especially Altus. You were just stating and opinion and honestly the obvious. Stress got the better of me and I sincerely apologize. I do wish everyone the best of luck in the coming months.

• Upvote 4

"2" on the knock it off with the melo drama. You sound like a teenage girl. These are some real gems:

You are not the only person in the Air Force working hard. You just come across as bitter, angry, and lacking class.

Thanks for explaining to all of us what sport bitching is. This is the first I've heard of it. Also, if this website is your sanctuary you're doing it wrong.

Copy. It is someone else's fault. You have been wronged. You are really one of the bros that guys want to have in the squadron, but you can't sacrifice anymore. Have some class dude.

Not really. Either you were naive or you didn't read the contract. Or, like the rest of us you signed up because you wanted to fly jets in the Air Force and be a part of something bigger than the corporate world. Either way, you signed up to be an officer or enlisted person in the Air Force. If you're a pilot you then signed an 10+ year commitment. Do you feel the Air Force is being unfair by giving you options to get out of your commitment or pay you to leave prior to 20?

Dude I don't know what you've endured, but I seriously wish you the best, as well as every other dude on here looking to capitalize on the TERA, VSP, RIP, etc. Here is a little free advice; have some class and think about what you're saying. Like Gearpig said, if a poorly managed force management process puts you over the edge then you need to get some professional help. These problems exist in the civilian world, and most companies do not continue to pay you while they decide whether or not to let you leave early.

Sport bitch away, but don't lose your ######ing mind.

They were meant to be gyms...I am glad you noticed. And my mind, it is already lost. Professional help why did I not think of that or I could say no shit. For those of you considering "professional help" the meds do take the edge off if you ever feel the need. Advice ususally is not free, I mean the amount of effort and time you put into a beatifully articulated response had to be worth something, right? Not to mention the attempt to knock me down a peg. I am bitter, angry, happy, sarcastic and at times purpously lack class but that is my business. I have a reason for feeling that way and since so many seem to care it is not because I was beaten down by the man it is because 300 thousand of us are suffering from shit they can't explain and have to learn how to live life all over. Just be lucky you are not one of them.

I sincerely wish everyone the best. Regardless of their desires, story, beleifs, bitterness, you name it I do not care. That was the point, stop being so ing judgemental of others over this crap.

I am leaving because I have to not because I do not want to push a mission anymore. I simply got lucky, really lucky, with the timing of TERA. Doing what I did was ing awesome.

And "Sport Bitching" why did I not think of that..brilliant.

I don't know what this means. Have I reached the age where the internet codes have passed me by?

Apparently

TL;DR = Too long, didn't read

Meaning your post was way too long to put in the effort to read it.

Tanker Toad, I should have discussed this with you over a PM.

PM sent. Apologies to all for long rant earlier. While AFPC and Big Blue more generally have more than their share of faults, there's an under-appreciated element that impacts with our lives: screwed up joint command & control relationships (of which C2 of Mildenhall tankers is emblematic). Looking forward to offline discussion with Tnkr.

Back to business... UPT waiver is 6 years and aviator retention pay is waived too. Only thing that looks like it won't get waived is weapons school.

Bullies

I third, source? I can't tell if maybe my need for any credible info has killed my sarcasm meter and you're just trying to get us all pinged out or what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by MooseAg03

so since mine was kicked back in feb for UPT ADSC i resubmitted on 3/20. My SQ/CC sent it up to the wing 3/21 and it's still sitting with WG/CC...awesome.

Forgive my ignorance, but are you talking about a VSP app?

Just got off the phone with the TFSC and they said they had no information regarding a 6 year UPT ADSC waiver. The guy I spoke with called the separations folks and they said they are still waiting to hear back from Air Staff on whether they will waive UPT ADSC's so at least it sounds like it is slightly within their cross check.

I'm sure he's trolling, but if they did put it at 6 years, then bravo "Air Staff." Those of us serving out our sentences in GCSs will appreciate the choice of that number.

6 years makes sense if they actually want to cut pilots back to the '08 year group like the matrix that was taken down shows. First shred of common sense being applied however it appears to be WOM at this point.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Retirement Request

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response Via Email(myPers - Total Force Service Center) - 03/31/2014 03:53 PM
Sir / Ma’am (All TERA Applicants)

Thank you for your immediate responses. Please keep in mind if you have already attached the Statement of Understanding (SOU) to your case previously (prior to 29 Mar 2014), there is no need to e-mail them or re-attach to your case.

1. Some of you may see a blank letter when you attempt to review them in the system. Please don’t be alarmed by this. If attached, we can see your signature on our end.

2. Based on system limitations please do not attempt to re-attach the SOU to your case. Attaching documents at this time will erroneously change the system status of your case.

3. Please do not e-mail the SOU if you have already attached to your case (Attached previously). Please only e-mail the letter if you have not signed and attached prior to Saturday 29 Mar 2014.

4. If you have any additional questions please continue to contact the Total Force Service Center at DSN: 665-0102 or 1-800-525-0102.

5. TERA processing has not been suspended. We are still planning to begin providing Approval/Disapproval notifications as scheduled 1-Apr-2014.

Your continued patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.

Response Via Email(myPers - Total Force Service Center) - 03/31/2014 03:49 PM
Sir / Ma’am (All TERA Applicants)

Wow. Information. Does anyone know how to confirm our SOU is on file?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

MyPers, my account at top, one of the incidents should have the SOU missing cm if you received an email about it missing. Click on a vsp/tera related incident and it should be attached as a pdf. Also "my documents" on bottom left should have it. Edited by lossofclocklossofdata

Old TERA announcement

"Although we are updating in batches...The application window will run through 26 Mar 14. Therefore, you should expect an answer no later than 1 Apr 14."

New TERA announcement:

"TERA processing has not been suspended. We are still planning to begin providing Approval/Disapproval notifications as scheduled 1-Apr-2014."