FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

VSP Update: Separated on 26 September, Final Pay deposited yesterday and VSP paid out today! :rock:

Did they pay out from different accounts? I received 58k today from the Indy location, but it's the same account that my normal pay comes from. Not sure if they were lumped together or if I haven't received my normal last pay check yet?

My VSP and final pay came from the same Indy account, but in separate chunks.

According to Dover Finance, all VSP calculations were done at DFAS and your final paycheck was calculated at your individual base to include any sold leave.

Here's hoping that 11Fs get their chance (though the current bonus take rate makes it unlikely.)

I hope they do as well for you man. The current Active Duty AF reminds me of the story of "that Dad" that threw gifts and money at his son in an attempt to cover up his own real issues and lack of care...but still can't understand why his kid grew up to despise him.

AD could triple the bonus and I would just laugh and shake my nugget. Just like that kid in the above example. Old "Dad" just doesn't get it man...and he never will until it is too late.

My prediction is that the 2005, 2006, and 2007 year-groups will be a HUGE issue for Active Duty. As of right now, in Big Air Force's mind they know they can simply deny dudes requests for PC and VSP or not even allow it at all. What they fail to realize is that when dudes get their mind set on a goal, (in this case it is to get the heck out of this burning jet), that thought and drive doesn't go away. Family members begin to make plans and before you know it, dinner table conversations with the wife start and dudes start seeing light at the end of the tunnel. We've all been there. Now couple that with Airlines and the fact that guys are starting to realize that they are extremely marketable even outside of the Commercial Aviation environment.

These three year groups are going to cause big issues (in my very small opinion) because the clock is ticking. Their service commitments are quickly approaching and those dinner table conversations have long since left the station. So, for now, Active Duty could deny all requests for PC and VSP...but they can't stop the ticking clock that is going to hit hardest starting in 2016 when dudes service commitments start to expire. Also, when dudes find themselves within 2years of commitment remaining and AD attempts to PCS those guys to some "great deal" staff gig and they just simply say "no thanks"....because dudes aren't scarred of the 365 threat any more...because we all know that if any of us knuckle heads stay in, a 365 is still the same threat.

SQ/CC's/OG's/and WG/CC's are just now starting to realize this in their own respective units, but in true active Duty fashion, the Left hand isn't talking to the Right (right being upper echelons outside the Wing level.) Unfortunately, this isn't a problem that can be fixed...it's a mentality and leadership problem that has caused exponential and long term irreversible consequences. Leadership is just now seeing the results of the path it has been chosen for its people.

"Storms a-brewin" and for the first time in a very long time, the son gets to say "Checkmate" to the Dad.

My prediction is that the 2005, 2006, and 2007 year-groups will be a HUGE issue for Active Duty.

I agree with your prediction. This year is the Maj board for the 2005 year group. Is there data available on the number of Do Not Promote letters written to the promotion board? That would be quite tell-tale. Forgoing a promotion to get out a year earlier sounds like a good option if getting out is the decision you've already made.

I have no idea wtf this means.

Sqwatch,

Sorry to confuse you. I finished the above post with the analogy that I started with.

Cave man style explanation:

Dad=Big Air Force (Active Duty)

Son=us, the individual

Checkmate="I've got options now that doesn't include you." (Reserve/Guard/Airlines/Private Sector job hiring boom). And no amount of money's keeping the majority in. This is what happens when you abuse and ignore what your force needs and simply beat them down.

Again...this is just my small opinion. I'm probably way off the mark ;)

• Upvote 1

anyone still waiting on the scroll? There have been 3 that I know of since May but mine still has not gone...my ISR said he put me on some special VSP scroll that was supposed to be done in september but apparently still hasnt.

Tunes, my friend waited on his scroll approval until a month from his DOS. He was worried but was told there was a backlog. I wouldn't stress too much man. It will come through. When is your DOS?

yeah about that, it was 29 sep....

Edited by tunes

I think it is an approval from the Reserves that you can join. I met with the Reserve Recruiter and he took a bunch of info from me and told me it takes a couple months to get scrolled and to do it early so that there is no break in service.

Now, the major said, “my status is in limbo.” He wants to be a self-employed freelancer, and when he made his post-Air Force plans, he was counting on the six months of continued medical coverage to help bridge that gap between military medical care and Obamacare. He said that with his six-figure Air Force salary in his recent past, he wouldn’t be able to afford Obamacare premiums during the open enrollment period. But after six months on his current $25,000 freelancing income, he would be eligible for subsidies that would allow him to afford Obamacare coverage.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I just saw that on JQP's facebook page. Awesome. Really awesome. I'm a week and a half away from separating and I'd been told over and over again that I would be covered under TAMP and have base access for 2 years and blah, blah, blah... I should've known the USAF would get that last good jab in before it was all said and done. They always do...

Edited by Dubs

Side note question: any of you dudes know how long, per the reg, that you have to wait to apply to PC again if you are disapproved....aaaannnd, what do they base that clock time on? (PC paperwork submittal date, or date disapproved?.)

Just curious.

Edited by StealthDriver

Side note question: any of you dudes know how long, per the reg, that you have to wait to apply to PC again if you are disapproved....aaaannnd, what do they base that clock time on? (PC paperwork submittal date, or date disapproved?.)

Just curious.

AFI 36-3205, paragraph 1.3. Usually 120 days from date notified of denial. Edited by deaddebate

On another note, while we await the next round of cuts, I was reading through the previous Matrix data on the last boards. Here a site that had some of the previous data:

http://m.unitedstatesairman.com/site/mobile?dm_path=%2Fforce%2Dmanagement%2Dmatrices&fw_sig_access_token=da98c4ae3c53915377ac6e449b875e47f7d28d66&fw_sig=fcb4262863e3191a584c94272f0bbbc7&fw_sig_time=1412964700304&fw_sig_permission_level=0&fw_sig_api_key=522b0eedffc137c934fc7268582d53a1&fw_sig_partner=webs&fw_sig_social=1&fw_sig_is_admin=0&fw_sig_tier=2&fw_sig_premium=1&fw_sig_permissions=none&fw_sig_locale=en-US&fw_sig_session_key=813496ea305ddcc7690777b4279bd35b5a0c099e49f0200defb02ebba651e9f9-101234804&fw_sig_site=101234804&fw_sig_url=http://www.unitedstatesairman.com/&fb_sig_network=fw#3312

Apologies for the lengthy hyperlink. One thing that had me curious is that it is listed as FY14 and FY15. While I'm just now trying to get smart on all this stuff, I had thought we are still waiting on the FY15 Force Management Anouncements. Was the last round for both FY14 and FY15? These Matrix sheets show both. Just trying to make sence of it all.

Thanks again.

Edited by StealthDriver

Yeah I just saw that on JQP's facebook page. Awesome. Really awesome. I'm a week and a half away from separating and I'd been told over and over again that I would be covered under TAMP and have base access for 2 years and blah, blah, blah... I should've known the USAF would get that last good jab in before it was all said and done. They always do...

Yup, similar issue I'm having, but I Palace Chased. I supposedly qualify for TAMP, but was told that it takes up to 30 days for my unit to gain me thanks to the slow ass process at ARPC. Until that time, my family has no health care. Of course the DEERS office's recommended solution is to pay out of pocket and Tricare "should" reimburse us when they back date our TAMP qualification date, but I know how that works. What a clown show.