FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Still not sure on the rationale about how these are being handed out; have any 11M C-130(H/J) individuals got a confirmed vsp response yet? We seem to be lacking in confirmed notifications compared to pretty much every other 11M airframe.

My post from 2 days ago below

Approved!

'06 11M

3 yrs 5 mo UPDT ADSC

RDTM - HB (C-130)

Drank a beer immediately. Good luck to those still waiting

Edited by Lumbergh

Dear AFPC,

Please consider adjusting your communication process. A weekly (sometimes) update that reads like a staff meeting powerpoint slide to your superiors (ie processed x of y applicants with z ineligible) shows that you check the box for "communication" and "timely updates," but it provides marginal utility to those who NEED the information only you can provide. Likewise, any time you take an action that raises questions (like approving a bazillion 11M applications on one day while not processing others), you should consider releasing a statement then.

For example on Monday afternoon send an email/Tweet/FB post/Pulse, "Due to the variations in final considerations of Force Management numbers from different components of Air Staff, AMC pilot applications are being processed first. We anticipate Air Staff approval/disapproval for 11X applications by ____day, and will notify those members as soon as ____day. Additionally, we have updated the FY14 voluntary matrix based off of the applicants already notified. It is attached/available on MyPers. This information is also being sent to your local FSS and commanders. If you have any specific questions regarding your year group/afsc status, please contact your commander who will have direct access to their equivalent here at AFPC. Thanks for your patience, and may the odds be ever in your favor."

Love,

The "Hopefuls"

Dear AFPC,

Please consider adjusting your communication process. A weekly (sometimes) update that reads like a staff meeting powerpoint slide to your superiors (ie processed x of y applicants with z ineligible) shows that you check the box for "communication" and "timely updates," but it provides marginal utility to those who NEED the information only you can provide. Likewise, any time you take an action that raises questions (like approving a bazillion 11M applications on one day while not processing others), you should consider releasing a statement then.

For example on Monday afternoon send an email/Tweet/FB post/Pulse, "Due to the variations in final considerations of Force Management numbers from different components of Air Staff, AMC pilot applications are being processed first. We anticipate Air Staff approval/disapproval for 11X applications by ____day, and will notify those members as soon as ____day. Additionally, we have updated the FY14 voluntary matrix based off of the applicants already notified. It is attached/available on MyPers. This information is also being sent to your local FSS and commanders. If you have any specific questions regarding your year group/afsc status, please contact your commander who will have direct access to their equivalent here at AFPC. Thanks for your patience, and may the odds be ever in your favor."

Love,

The "Hopefuls"

Or you could just run with the topics you have:

Eligible officers may apply for advanced degree, experience programs

May 16 – Pulse on AF force management

Airmen can modify myPers home page to make searches easier

Take 'FIVE' to get free money for your TSP account 1

CMSAF Cody visits members of Tops In Blue

Shaw Air Force Base warrior shoots for gold

Morale, Welfare, Recreation Customer Survey Rolls Out

AF releases regional affairs strategist region, language assignments

Fellas - thoughts:

A lot of you are leaving - a lot of you are IPs and highly qualified for leadership or other positions of significance in the company....

We all know that Sr. Leadership gets fed certain amounts of info, or reads info posted here. It's a way to get the pulse...

I'd suggest starting a thread with the intent of stating, in plain English, your numbered reasons for wanting to voluntarily leave the force.

Do not let it get out of control. Do not stoop to a ritual bitch-fest. Keep the snark and sarcasm to a minimum. Keep your egos in check and write calmly for the rest of us(them) to see. Maybe your true message (vote with your feet) can be heard by someone who will someday make a difference.

I'd like to talk to each of you, but there is more to be gained from the group as a mosaic.

Please consider the above.

Cheers!

Chuck

• Upvote 6

had an 05 11M IP approved yesterday at the rock

Chizz, H or J? Not to get too deep into this but I think this will make a big difference, if anyone is paying attention.

After the last VSP debacle, I would hope that we figured out we couldn't let out all the IPs. I think we will make the same mistakes again. I hope I am wrong.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• Upvote 1

Chuck: thats a good idea, but since I got approved, I have had 50+ Air Force members congratulate me, including my Sq/CC and DO. I had ONE person ask me why I wanted to get out. I think people know whats wrong.

Chim - I hear you, and I'm one of the first to say thanks for what you've done, what you've endured.

Let me put this another way, and show you why I'm asking for something like this: few vehicles existed to collect this kinda data when the same thing happened in 2006. Maybe no one really cared... I'm an amateur historian, and I constantly run into interview subjects who thought that their story was not worth telling, that nothing could be gleaned from their experience, or that their experience was so common - why bother? (Particularly the WWII generation).

I also find myself constantly asking "why" something happened, with no primary sources to consult...

So, instead of assuming that everyone knows what is wrong (I do), or focusing on how many people have congratulated you vs. asked why you were leaving, maybe consider that your leaving is in itself a monumental occasion, or at the very least part of one. Many voices are louder than one, even if they say the same thing.

My response to your quip about knowing what is wrong is, "Yeah, no shit. And nothing will change or get better..." At the very least if you tell people what is wrong, why you left, there is some documentation of it, other than an approved VSP application message on a faceless message board.

Or, ignore the idea altogether - I have a thick enough skin, it won't bother me.

But don't engage, say "people know what is wrong" and thus say everything and nothing at the same time. A simple "Fuck it, I'm out" would suffice.

Chuck

• Upvote 1

Chim - I hear you, and I'm one of the first to say thanks for what you've done, what you've endured.

Let me put this another way, and show you why I'm asking for something like this: few vehicles existed to collect this kinda data when the same thing happened in 2006. Maybe no one really cared... I'm an amateur historian, and I constantly run into interview subjects who thought that their story was not worth telling, that nothing could be gleaned from their experience, or that their experience was so common - why bother? (Particularly the WWII generation).

I also find myself constantly asking "why" something happened, with no primary sources to consult...

So, instead of assuming that everyone knows what is wrong (I do), or focusing on how many people have congratulated you vs. asked why you were leaving, maybe consider that your leaving is in itself a monumental occasion, or at the very least part of one. Many voices are louder than one, even if they say the same thing.

My response to your quip about knowing what is wrong is, "Yeah, no shit. And nothing will change or get better..." At the very least if you tell people what is wrong, why you left, there is some documentation of it, other than an approved VSP application message on a faceless message board.

Or, ignore the idea altogether - I have a thick enough skin, it won't bother me.

But don't engage, say "people know what is wrong" and thus say everything and nothing at the same time. A simple "###### it, I'm out" would suffice.

Chuck

Well when you say it like that! Haha! Good idea. Thanks Chuck!

Good rebuttal Chuck, I wasn't trying to be dismissive. The Dear Boss and whats wrong with the Air Force threads capture most of the common grievances that people have these days. I will say that being stuck in the C-17/RPA flesh trade made my decision easy.

Still nothing here. I called the TFSC yesterday and all the lady could tell me is 'Your VSP application is still pending.' I think she was looking at the denial and didn't have the heart to tell me. I can't believe we notify people of life altering news by e-mail now. It ranks right up there with the "Congratulations, you've been selected for a 365 ITDY to Kabul!" emails.

I think the lack of approvals today is a bad sign. What little hope I have left is disappearing rapidly. Congratulations to all of those approved, I fear what life will be like after the exodus.

Good idea chuck. Thread created in this forum. Go forth and prosper.

I am not sure where this leaves those of you waiting for word on VSP...

This morning I was approved for TERA - 1 Sep 14! (16 years)

(I am a 1998 yr group, 11M core serving in 18X with ADSCs for PCS Aug 2015 and ADV Flying Training NOV 2016)

Good luck to the rest of you... may the leak in the dam continue flowing.

Edited by pilot-99999

I know of at least 3 other 2008 11Ms who got approved for VSP. Two are -135 guys and one is a C-17 (I think). I can't tell you their ADSCs, I'm just passing along what I've seen on Facebook.

This is hilarious- I was on the phone with TFSC asking about how to apply for FY15 VSP tomorrow without a FY14 approval or denial, when a denial email appeared in my inbox.

Me: 'you know what, never mind. I just got a denial email.'

TFSC: 'no ma'am, that's from me. That's an email we send to customers when they call with questions.'

Me: 'no, it's an email telling me my application was denied.'

TFSC: 'are you sure? It's not showing that in CMS...'

Unbelievable! I should've PC'd earlier, I hope it's not too late...

'06 11M, ~4 years UPT ADSC, KC-10