FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

^^^^ Typical AFPC bullshit. In one sentence they say all approved Airmen will be notified by COB Monday, 19 May and then they go on to say approval notices will go out no later than Thursday, 22 May. So which one is it f@ckheads? Does anyone proofread shit there before releasing it? If you are sick of us calling and asking to be connected to your department. which will never happen anyways, then publish some guidance that actually makes some f@cking sense.

I hope the pure hatred I have for AFPC comes out clear in my posts. If it doesn't please let me know and I will try to use more explicit language to convey the disgust I have for that organization.

Edited by FLY6584

Your VSP application is still pending a decision. AFPC will notify all approved Airmen by the end of today, Monday, 19 May 2014. Members will receive two messages, the first notifying them of VSP approval, the second is the formal notification to the member's commander. Approval notices will be sent to member's commanders, and a copy to the member, not later than the end of the day on Thursday, 22 May 2014. Officers are being updated manually so they will have to wait for the 72 hrs. before the update will be visible.

Just got the same email; called TFSC back and they said that it was wrong....emails are still being processed. Can vouch for that as a guy here got approved at 1030 this morning. FUD.

Sarcasm detector inop.

Sorry gear pig,

Sarcasm is hard to pick up via text/word/doc/ppt-if you are a good guy (as it seems that you are based on past posts) then keep fighting the good fight. If not, then, well I guess it does not matter. Good luck

Edited by Closed For Training

Even after approval AFPC can't not fuc! Up. First email was approved 29 Sep. Second email was 1 Aug date change request denied. Still 29 Sep, which is what I want now that the approvals were delayed 2.5 months. Today's email says "please disregard system generated emails. Your actual separation is 31 july." WTF! Get it right just once AFPC. Now I have to apply under hardship (terminal starts last week) to get it changed back to 29 Sep.

Maybe you have more update info than I do but I got a call from a buddy in the 17th about two weeks ago saying they were told they were being cut next year.

Pure speculation on my part.

As far a CHS not losing a sq - believe it when I see it. But if your leadership wants even less people to do the same amount of work, sweet.

Chuck

Any approvals today? Anyone else still hanging on to hope?

despite the sinking feeling in my chest, and the low probability of approval, I am holding on to hope... because it truly is the best thing for my family right now and I strongly believe that my next move is out of Active Duty, no matter which program gets me there.

Not sure why bomber applications require additional scrutiny....

My spit-ball guess is that the number of applicants vs the number of bodies to be cut is way more. On the 11M side, we had a bunch of folks sitting in an airframe that's going away... thus making cutting with an axe much easier.

The C-17 side at KLTS took a huge hit in Pilots and Loads. The -135's only lost four Pilots (Booms weren't eligible).

Checks. Without getting into numbers, AFPC has dealt the C-17 FTU a major shit-sandwich. While I think a message has been sent, I do not believe it will be received by leadership. Somehow it will all be worked out and timelines will be met (read Powerpoint slides for the O-6 in the green). Meanwhile, the burden lies with the guys still left in the squadron fighting the good fight.

My spit-ball guess is that the number of applicants vs the number of bodies to be cut is way more. On the 11M side, we had a bunch of folks sitting in an airframe that's going away... thus making cutting with an axe much easier.

Sure, the ratio of applicants to overages could be higher in the bombers, but only if the published metrics are all wrong. For 05 11Bs, we were about 11% overage (7/62). However, I would argue we have a much lower application ratio compared to the 11Ms. From 3 of the 5 bomber bases, I only counted two applicants in my year group (again, I don't have all the numbers).

Just using Dyess as an example, we had 5 total bomber pilot VSP applications for 2+ squadrons. However, we had 40 applications from the two 130 squadrons. That may not translate exactly across the AF, but I don't think we are applying at a higher rate than 11Ms, and our overages are fairly similiar for most year groups.

I do agree that losing an airframe would also help, but then there's the Altus C-17 IP exodus (airframe not going away). Based on the numbers I've seen, I still can't understand the difference. Especially since NO bomber pilots with UPT ADSC have been approved yet...

Maybe we're just too good at CAS :)

Mish Hacker,

For what its worth, no one on the C-130 side at Dyess has heard anything either. At least none that I know of, but I'm TDY so I may be off the pulse. Back to your point, I'm really confused about how they went about notifying folks, or why they would wait to deny everyone that's going to be denied until next week.

Just using Dyess as an example, we had 5 total bomber pilot VSP applications for 2+ squadrons. However, we had 40 applications from the two 130 squadrons. That may not translate exactly across the AF, but I don't think we are applying at a higher rate than 11Ms, and our overages are fairly similiar for most year groups.

Holy sh*t, did I read that right? 40 apps from the C-130 side at Dyess? I wonder how many were pilots. I can't imagine many of those bubbas getting approved, but AFPC has proved logic wrong many times before...

Checks. Without getting into numbers, AFPC has dealt the C-17 FTU a major shit-sandwich. While I think a message has been sent, I do not believe it will be received by leadership. Somehow it will all be worked out and timelines will be met (read Powerpoint slides for the O-6 in the green). Meanwhile, the burden lies with the guys still left in the squadron fighting the good fight.

I'm happy for the bubbas who got the VSP. Take advantage of the great opportunities on the outside, and deal with the AF BS part time. I don't think the AF really loses here if even half of those VSP bubbas finish in the reserves (STS). While life will probably suck for those who decided to stay in dealing with the temporary shortages, things will still move along in the AF even if it isn't pretty.

I just have a suspicion that although lessons were learned observed here, AFPC will still f*ck up the next round of RIFs. Go ahead and start the thread now...it is going to happen eventually. We know...AFPC "couldn't have predicted this" "The force management process is complex, fluid, and dynamic." "You're the best!" "Service before Self" "Blah Blah Blah"

Congrats and good luck to everyone! I'm drinking JD in your on-her...onner...honor!

Does anyone know if the Career Data Brief page pulls its info from MILPDS? I'm now showing a DOS on CDB, but nowhere else. If CDB does pull from MILPDS, I want to do that initial separations brief ASAP to get the ball rolling to get orders.

Still not sure on the rationale about how these are being handed out; have any 11M C-130(H/J) individuals got a confirmed vsp response yet? We seem to be lacking in confirmed notifications compared to pretty much every other 11M airframe.

Edited by Right Rudder
  • Upvote 1

Who's up for a FY14 force management discussion forum reunion in 10 years? I vote chizz as the forum president!!

Did anyone else get an email saying they needed attachment 3 from psdm 14-08 for further application processing?