FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Congressman ### (or appointed reader),

I am currently serving in the USAF and stationed at ### AFB. The reason I am writing is to speak to Cong. Xxxx about fraud, waste, and abuse in the USAF, specifically within the major command of Air Force Personnel Command. Additionally, I would like to speak to him about the level of incompetence and mismanagement within this organization. Basically, back in Jan/Feb of this year, the USAF said it needed to cut people to meet congressionally mandated force management cuts. One avenue to make this happen was to ask for volunteers to accept early separation with pay, also known as VSP (voluntary separation with pay). It is now mid-May and I still have not been told whether or not I am approved. This is most frustrating because it directly affects my wife and kids because we cannot plan out our future past This summer. What are the chances of a congressional inquiry/investigation into this matter? I am happy to discuss this matter more over the phone.

AFPC is not a major command, its a field operating agency.

• Upvote 1

Btw, those of you who have not done so, read John Q Public's entry on the "every dollar counts" campaign.

Saw that email and deleted it immediately. If they're going to keep saying personnel costs are breaking the DoD but the F-35 is fine I'm not going to waste time reading their financial advice. I know how to balance a checkbook and the pennies they're giving me to maintain the base comm are getting stretched enough to do my depression era grandparents proud.

Fax is old school and time consuming, but it may get more attention that way.

Wow.. good job Grandpa. :beer:

Actually all the areas I've lived in the Congress.. persons had a template on their website to fill out. It then gets routed to their staff to handle, if they're so inclined (Good luck residents of CA).

As always, good luck to all of you.

Edited by 17D_guy

Awesome and great timing as the FY15 NDAA is going to the House Floor as early as tomorrow (AF end strength is being cut by 16,700). The SASC Personnel Subcommitee has markups on Wednesday. I wonder if A1 is waiting to see what the Senate results are before they make a final decision on how many to cut this year in an effort to get closer to the FY15 numbers.

I like all the efforts to engage our elected representatives. And, just to make sure this really works, I tweeted the article to Gen Welsh. That should get this whole thing tied up with a bow...

Thanks Fbomb, I could care less at this point. You must be a wing exec or something.

No, but if you have any expectation to be taken seriously in your complaints to any governmental official you need to have your facts squared away.

• Upvote 2

I like all the efforts to engage our elected representatives. And, just to make sure this really works, I tweeted the article to Gen Welsh. That should get this whole thing tied up with a bow...

Don't forget Betty W...she has a twitter handle also, and probably has his ear more than anyone

I can't believe my eyes. I am so happy for you guys even though my palace chase app is going to take months. Clear the path for the rest of us, start scheduling that TAPs class!

On a separate note, had a guy in my unit 7 day opt out of an assignment and set a DOS for over a yr from now. Then applied to curtail his ADSC and was approved for a Dec '14 DOS. So one way to game it if you really want out is have your commander place you in a formal training course, when you get the RIP Just 7 day opt and then pursue that route. It's a gamble but isn't everything else?

Are these emails auto generated from afpc or from your commander

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

The e-mail came from AFPC and it's similar to the one posted a few days ago. It does say approved for voluntary separation pay. As soon as I can I'll post it for everyone. Sorry, I still think I'm in shock.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!