KC-46A Info

Hammer

They paid for the software, they failed to properly articulate the requirement, and/or perform quality control on the product delivered. #operatorsinacquisition 

Excellent. Articulating requirements has not been a strong point recently.

Guest PeggyDriver46
10 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

And the ability of one aircraft to perform enough to be compatible? Seems like it’s still a performance envelope problem. Also that boom isn’t stiff it’s on a ing ratchet.

What is your source of information? Are you involved with the 46 program at all or are you just spreading a misinformed opinion?

What is your source of information? Are you involved with the 46 program at all or are you just spreading a misinformed opinion?

Are you involved with the program, or is that your incorrect assessment? I’m not involved with the program and don’t care for your pedanticism. You described an aircraft that lacks sufficient performance to interact with the boom. What would you call that?

Guest PeggyDriver46
Just now, SurelySerious said:

Are you involved with the program, or is that your incorrect assessment?

When I am not shit posting on here or doing queep, I fly the KC-46.

Guest PeggyDriver46
6 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

Oh, good. So you click the AP on after gear up, thanks for the engineering analysis.

Are you even a pilot? You're expected to know your systems and their limitations inside and out, especially if you're above a copilot level. 

Dude, you're not proving to anyone any thing here except that you act like a jackass when you're corrected for spreading misinformation. 

Edited by LoveDumpster

Are you even a pilot? You're expected to know your systems and their limitations inside and out, especially if you're above a copilot level. 

Dude, you're not proving to anyone any thing here except that you act like a jackass when you're corrected for spreading misinformation. 

Oh no, not systems and limitations! Forgot about those. I’ll never succeed.

I trust the engineering knowledge of the average pilot about zero. By your logic, since I’ve been a receiver on the 46 boom I’m just as qualified to have an opinion.

Guest PeggyDriver46
8 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

I trust the engineering knowledge of the average pilot about zero. By your logic, since I’ve been a receiver on the 46 boom I’m just as qualified to have an opinion.

Damn dude, I feel like all 2 of your brain cells are fighting for third place here. You don't know shit about my systems. I do. I know that it is a problem with the boom stiffness which makes it incompatible with the A-10, not the aircraft or boom performance envelope. Maybe if you have a very liberal, and not tech pub correct interpretation of boom performance envelope, then I could see how that could be misconstrued. Either way, I don't want to engage with you anymore. You're an immature shitbag with an ego and I don't like dealing with people like that. Humble yourself.

Damn dude, I feel like all 2 of your brain cells are fighting for third place here. You don't know shit about my systems. I do. I know that it is a problem with the boom stiffness which makes it incompatible with the A-10, not the aircraft or boom performance envelope. Maybe if you have a very liberal, and not tech pub correct interpretation of boom performance envelope, then I could see how that could be misconstrued. Either way, I don't want to engage with you anymore. You're an immature shitbag with an ego and I don't like dealing with people like that. Humble yourself.

Haha, you are 100% the toddler. You never explained what the problem actually is, you just keep saying stiffness sts. You don’t actually know what the issue is, you have apparently just rote memorized it which isn’t impressive.
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

Haha, you are 100% the toddler. You never explained what the problem actually is, you just keep saying stiffness sts. You don’t actually know what the issue is, you have apparently just rote memorized it which isn’t impressive.

It's literally one of the first results on Google, and not hard to understand:

The Government Accountability Office said in a June report that it could take years to fix the tanker's telescoping boom, which has been described as "too stiff" for lighter aircraft to receive fuel.

"The KC-46 boom currently requires more force to compress it sufficiently to maintain refueling position," the June 12 report states. "Pilots of lighter receiver aircraft, such as the A-10 and F-16, reported the need to use more power to move the boom forward while in contact with the boom to maintain refueling position.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/08/07/boeing-gets-millions-fix-air-forces-too-stiff-kc-46-refueling-boom.html

• Like 1

The Government Accountability Office said in a June report that it could take years to fix the tanker's telescoping boom, which has been described as "too stiff" for lighter aircraft to receive fuel.
"The KC-46 boom currently requires more force to compress it sufficiently to maintain refueling position," the June 12 report states. "Pilots of lighter receiver aircraft, such as the A-10 and F-16, reported the need to use more power to move the boom forward while in contact with the boom to maintain refueling position.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/08/07/boeing-gets-millions-fix-air-forces-too-stiff-kc-46-refueling-boom.html

KC-46 says 40c2c70b1ef7462302e0bfb3e941627c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Your cookie is in the mail.
  • Downvote 3

12 hours ago, SurelySerious said:

Found the little dick energy.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 2

This thread has turned into an echo chamber of stiff booms.  All I can keep picturing in my mind is a stiff Boom named Earl.  

MV5BODMwMjVjMTUtNWE5ZS00MzA1LTg0OTItOWQwOTVmNTA0YWNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg.2944aba8663cabf17bdff99c5d4659e1.jpg

51 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

If your boom is stiff for more that four hours you need to see a doctor?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

You need to see Big Earl.  Lol

• 2 weeks later...