KC-46A Info

Hammer

15 hours ago, Royal said:

What's the status of the 76th and 78th? I keep hearing that they're going to shutdown once the NDAA is released.

We're converting to the Space Shuttle. At least, that's the rumor I'm starting, because it makes about as much sense as the "everyone is turning into the Guard" rumor.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Stoker said:

We're converting to the Space Shuttle. At least, that's the rumor I'm starting, because it makes about as much sense as the "everyone is turning into the Guard" rumor.

Well bad news then, the Artemis launch was scrubbed due to maintenance. So that'll put you guys back a step.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
https://www.amc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3162858/kc-46a-cleared-for-worldwide-deployments-following-first-combat-refuel/

Maybe those prima donnas will start pulling their weight! Unless it is an A-10, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Oh good the Gucci boys finally get to call someone else a prima donna after holding that title for 40-something years!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guest PeggyDriver46
On 9/19/2022 at 6:44 PM, ThreeHoler said:

https://www.amc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3162858/kc-46a-cleared-for-worldwide-deployments-following-first-combat-refuel/

Maybe those prima donnas will start pulling their weight! Unless it is an A-10, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

That's funny.

See you soon when you get non-vol'd to the 46. 

It’s so funny to me how communities shit all over each other when those outside don’t get it at all.

All the tanker variants, F-15 vs F-16, Bomber dudes, U-28 vs everybody, etc.

Whats the KC-10 Gucci thing about? I’ve heard it for years but have zero SA. 

2 hours ago, Danger41 said:

It’s so funny to me how communities shit all over each other when those outside don’t get it at all.

Little luxuries that most people take for granted: Running water, a flush toilet, workable temperature control, an APU that can be run in the blocks without overheating, a chair for the boom operator, floors mad of something other than plywood, thrust reversers (I think….Gucci boys correct me if I’m wrong), an autopilot designed in the Nixon era (vs probably Truman for the 135), a galley that included a working oven and (gasp) a refrigerator, and airline style telex headsets (double hearing protection pretty much required in the 135) were all things the Gucci guys got that the “real tanker” crews who had hair on their chests and when TDY in your town, you’d want to hide your wives, daughters and livestock from, didn’t need to accomplish the mission (which mostly consists of finding clouds and turbulence to fly their receivers through). NKAWTG! 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Prozac said:

Little luxuries that most people take for granted: Running water, a flush toilet, workable temperature control, an APU that can be run in the blocks without overheating, a chair for the boom operator, floors mad of something other than plywood, thrust reversers (I think….Gucci boys correct me if I’m wrong), an autopilot designed in the Nixon era (vs probably Truman for the 135), a galley that included a working oven and (gasp) a refrigerator, and airline style telex headsets (double hearing protection pretty much required in the 135) were all things the Gucci guys got that the “real tanker” crews who had hair on their chests and when TDY in your town, you’d want to hide your wives, daughters and livestock from, didn’t need to accomplish the mission (which mostly consists of finding clouds and turbulence to fly their receivers through). NKAWTG! 

8BBBC376-210F-487E-A8A3-38E4BB263DAC.gif.4b1331e10ab7d902254d804c9aa3f7bc.gif

• Haha 2

It comes from the Gucci crew bags Douglas gave the crews who picked up jets at Long Beach. It stuck because people were jealous of air conditioning on the ground, hot and cold running water, a flushing toilet, cockpit noise
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ThreeHoler said:

It comes from the Gucci crew bags Douglas gave the crews who picked up jets at Long Beach. It stuck because people were jealous of air conditioning on the ground, hot and cold running water, a flushing toilet, cockpit noise

Sometimes two flushing toilets!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bigred said:

With Mini’s order that the 46 is now combat deployable, I wonder how the AF can keep pressing Boeing to fix deficiencies? Seems like it’d be hard to say it still needs fixed if they are considered combat ready. 

Ask the Tanker PEO and PM...the lifecycle pressure is still there guaranteed 

https://www.wpafb.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/2135438/tanker-peo-highlights-guiding-principles-and-tips-for-success/

Edited by Swizzle
Link

21 hours ago, precontact said:

And electric seats!

I wish they would have put in an electric seat to take the boom to the ARO.  I hated that long walk lol.   

I could have eaten my warm meal in the electric seat ride to the back.  

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 3:10 PM, FourFans130 said:

Wait...are ya'll arguing about the amenities of a new tube of shame, yet no one's going to deal with the fact that someone said "combat" and "tanker" in the same sentence?

All tankers are combat tankers. Not a whole lot of combat (for the air force, that is) without them.

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2022 at 4:52 AM, Stoker said:

So when's the initial cadre getting sent to Space Shuttle FTU?