He is alive and well...he won't be back.

He is sick of the 1% of Baseops that insists on throwing shit on the wall just to get a reaction from others. Thank the Nsplyrs, Vertigos, and CHSLoads of the world and ask yourself what contribution they have made here? This was once a great site to share wisdom on careers in military aviation...it has morphed into a place where a small minority spew their political views non-stop.

Sad and not what Rich intended.

• Upvote 2

He is sick of the 1% of Baseops that insists on throwing shit on the wall just to get a reaction from others. Thank the Nsplyrs, Vertigos, and CHSLoads of the world and ask yourself what contribution they have made here? This was once a great site to share wisdom on careers in military aviation...it has morphed into a place where a small minority spew their political views non-stop.

Sad

Really...he's going to let the 1% drive him out? Since when did Rainman develop a sandy vagina?

• Upvote 1

Weak.

• Upvote 4

He is sick of the 1% of Baseops that insists on throwing shit on the wall just to get a reaction from others.  Thank the Nsplyrs, Vertigos, and CHSLoads of the world and ask yourself what contribution they have made here?  This was once a great site to share wisdom on careers in military aviation...it has morphed into a place where a small minority spew their political views non-stop.

WTF???

post-1003-0-83546800-1364747724_thumb.jp

Problem solved.

Edit to fix attachment

Edited by pcola

...the irony is incredible. (Some of you may not know that he was the sole cause of the death and closure of the online Hawg Log [a site much like this one, except for hawgdrivers] for this exact reason.)

Who was?

...the irony is incredible. (Some of you may not know that he was the sole cause of the death and closure of the online Hawg Log [a site much like this one, except for hawgdrivers] for this exact reason.)

Not completely surprising from someone who was a coattail rider of an absolute piece of shit like Coach.

Not completely surprising from someone who was a coattail rider of an absolute piece of shit like Coach.

Coach is the man!

Go F**K youself...

That was a sad day.

Edited by Tank

CH, this didn't seem right to me. The forums, which I assume is the area to which you refer, is only one part of the baseops site. I freely acknowledge and defer to your greater experience and knowledge of the behind the scenes workings of the site and any poster leaving or not and the operations of the site.

That said, if the condemnation for some posters is that great, then why not ban them? I don't want that and argue that the opinions of nsplayer, vertigo, et al, are as valid as anyone elses. Certainly they are different than many of us and thus provide a different view and perspective that is just as valid.

Without such, this becomes a backslapping community that stagnates.

The departed poster choose to remove himself rather than continue to engage. So be it is my opinion. It appears he ceded the field to his adversaries and negates much of what he posted about doing the opposite.

Our national society is undergoing some pretty significant changes. Some are cheering them on, some are dreading them. But the dudes who are in or want to be in have to deal with those issues as they affect our military and our Air Force specifically. Punching out metaphorically is one way to deal with it, but what does that do for those seeking advice from those that have been there, done that? Like it or not, gays in the military, dealing with fair treatment under the regs, etc, is something that commanders now and in the future have to deal with. Tuning in here, to me, seemed to offer some perspectives that could help a dude make a good call when it came time to do so.

On that line, it also appears that homage regarding every post as the greatest thing ever written wasn't received and it appeared green to be somewhere else from now on. Combat employment of the A-10? Definitely worth STFU and listening to. How to handle various situations elsewhere in the military or in one's life, not so much, especially when the response was often derogatory and belittling which is what I observed when young'uns were engaged. Even the relevancy of the employment posts has to fade with time as the world moves and things, including TTPs, change.

This appears an exercise in free will to no longer waste time engaging here. Fair enough. But replying to any post is also an exercise in free will. It's just as easy to say nothing than encourage buffoonery that is being called "sh1t thrown on the wall."

But it is a personal choice, not the fault of others.

Edited by brickhistory
  • Upvote 1

Hello I am Vertigo, I giant Douche.

Edited by ClearedHot
  • Upvote 3

Coach is the man!

Go F**K youself...

Coach is a lying piece of shit who has no problem ruining careers. He also had a huge hard on for the ARC.

Tank I know you in real life so I will refrain from lobbing one back at you. But be careful the kind of douchebags you defend.

CH, this didn't seem right to me. The forums, which I assume is the area to which you refer, is only one part of the baseops site. I freely acknowledge and defer to your greater experience and knowledge of the behind the scenes workings of the site and any poster leaving or not and the operations of the site.

That said, if the condemnation for some posters is that great, then why not ban them? I don't want that and argue that the opinions of nsplayer, vertigo, et al, are as valid as anyone elses. Certainly they are different than many of us and thus provide a different view and perspective that is just as valid.

Without such, this becomes a backslapping community that stagnates.

The departed poster choose to remove himself rather than continue to engage. So be it is my opinion. It appears he ceded the field to his adversaries and negates much of what he posted about doing the opposite.

Our national society is undergoing some pretty significant changes. Some are cheering them on, some are dreading them. But the dudes who are in or want to be in have to deal with those issues as they affect our military and our Air Force specifically. Punching out metaphorically is one way to deal with it, but what does that do for those seeking advice from those that have been there, done that? Like it or not, gays in the military, dealing with fair treatment under the regs, etc, is something that commanders now and in the future have to deal with. Tuning in here, to me, seemed to offer some perspectives that could help a dude make a good call when it came time to do so.

On that line, it also appears that homage regarding every post as the greatest thing ever written wasn't received and it appeared green to be somewhere else from now on. Combat employment of the A-10? Definitely worth STFU and listening to. How to handle various situations elsewhere in the military or in one's life, not so much, especially when the response was often derogatory and belittling which is what I observed when young'uns were engaged. Even the relevancy of the employment posts has to fade with time as the world moves and things, including TTPs, change.

This appears an exercise in free will to no longer waste time engaging here. Fair enough. But replying to any post is also an exercise in free will. It's just as easy to say nothing than encourage buffoonery that is being called "sh1t thrown on the wall."

But it is a personal choice, not the fault of others.

Because this site was not meant to be a reflection of society and political "feelings". It was built to help folks who wanted to become military aviators. Along the way it evolved into a place to try and mentor folks through difficult career times by sharing thoughts on development and career choices. Then the political BS started to take over...idiots like Nsplayr spent hours posting their tripe about social issues...the moron actually questioned how many posts I have versus his. I spent years and countless posts trying to share thoughts about choices, paths, PME, development, etc....the only contribution he has made is how to get out of an assignment to Cannon...Sickening!

Going back a long way, Rich formed this site to help people who wanted to become military aviators...Did you know him, meet him, talk to him?

Along the way way, folks who have been marginally successful at that endeavor have tried to share what worked for them, right or wrong...then came the political agenda morons. I don't blame Rainman at all...understood on what may or may not have happened at the A-10 forum...but here he tried to contribute and I think only wanted to make the road easier for those who wanted to serve.

• Upvote 4

My only interaction with Rich was a few e-mails trying to figure out how to do an ad here for a book. He couldn't have been more of a nice guy.

I agree about the fundamental idea about the site helping others become aviators. It has also become a place where not just new aviators, even, gasp, but non-rated as well can learn from their rated brethren and in some cases, the opposite occurs as well to make the AF a better place.

If the site, you and others who have picked up the ruck following Rich's passing, don't want the political/social discussions, don't allow them. I'm not defending anyone, save myself, but if you are going to allow one viewpoint, then why not the other? Or none at all if that's the case.

If someone leaves voluntarily, then it's their choice and not the fault of those they disagree with.

I'm not looking for a fight and not looking to get banned. But if it's strictly a place where only like minds are to gather, then why bother having forums where opinions, right or wrong, agree with 'em or disagree with 'em vehemently, are allowed to be expressed at all?

I'm not looking for a fight and not looking to get banned. But if it's strictly a place where only like minds are to gather, then why bother having forums where opinions, right or wrong, agree with 'em or disagree with 'em vehemently, are allowed to be expressed at all?

Who said anything about getting banned? WTF?

Its not strictly a place for like-minded folks....Have we restricted opposing points of view? Really Brick?

I am talking about the intent of the site...to help others interested in military aviation...the political stuff is a sidebar and for the most part there is a small majority that does nothing but spew ideology on this forum. They do NOT help their Brother...other than to cry like a litle bitch about an assignment to Cannon and how they want get out...adios mother fucker...if you joined to serve your country then FUCKING serve.

You want to agree or disagree on the Air Force, military aviation, etc...have at it,but you know I am talking about the political rants that have nothing to do with helping fellow aviators.

That was my way of acknowledging the title under your avatar.

My original, now largely regretted for even entering this thread, post was that one guy left because he didn't like the BS being thrown by a few according to what you described.

I think that's on him, not the BS throwers.

You, apparently as I read your posts, are pissed at the posters who write BS.

Seeing buffoonery in public is also a learning experience for new or wannabe officers, not just aviators. That, btw is where I see baseops at. It's not just for and about rated guys. It has grown for the better as far as mentoring or sharing gouge. Those new or wannabes from many backgrounds can learn from any selfish acts they see or read as well as from any good advice.

• Upvote 1

I pretty much agree with what Brick has said. I know I've done more than my fair of spewing my own political crap/BS philosophy on things (especially during the season), but I thought it was cool if it was in the appropriate thread...and preferably in the 'Squadron Bar' arena? I get that there are some people who don't respect other people's opinions as well as most here do...but I guess that's just the way it is.

I wish Rainman would come back and continue to add his mentorship and good advice (plus he throws in a good joke once in a while), but that's his call of course. He could still add his points while avoiding the crap that some of us decide to take part in. Just my $.02

Words

I hope you didn't really edit Vertigo's post like that. Certainly doesn't help your case at all. And it's especially troubling, given that you're an O-6 (O-7?) and one of our "leaders" who supposedly "gets it". Then again, maybe we shouldn't be surprised...

If you, Rainman, etc don't like the idiotic political nonsense that Nsplayr, Pick Your Battles, et al spew on this site... then be like the rest of us and don't fucking read it. It's not hard.

Guest CannonCrashPad

I hope you didn't really edit Vertigo's post like that. Certainly doesn't help your case at all. And it's especially troubling, given that you're an O-6 (O-7?) and one of our "leaders" who supposedly "gets it". Then again, maybe we shouldn't be surprised...

If you, Rainman, etc don't like the idiotic political nonsense that Nsplayr, Pick Your Battles, et al spew on this site... then be like the rest of us and don't ######ing read it. It's not hard.

Agreed. Although PYB was banned for his views, and they weren't political views.

Guest CannonCrashPad

They do NOT help their Brother...other than to cry like a litle bitch about an assignment to Cannon and how they want get out...adios mother ######er...if you joined to serve your country then ######ING serve.

Oh, and this. Definitely this. Well said.

It's not a democracy, folks. If CH & Company want to delete posts, or delete unwanted people, that's their prerogative. Don't like it? Vote with your feet, and go start your own site.

It's disappointing that Rainman left, especially for the reasons cited; but it's not the end of the world.

I agree with CH to a degree that the political discussions aren't what this forum was originally created for, but Rich knew such threads would happen when he allowed the creation of the Squadron Bar and I think that is the right place for them.

Does that make BaseOps better or worse because of it? That's an individual decision, but I do think we still accomplish Rich's original vision for the site and if the addition of such conversations sends a few people elsewhere, then that's their call.

• Upvote 3