New Algorithm for PCSM / AFOQT

Jeepers21

^ I apologize for putting this in the GD. I just figured it was a topic worth discussing. There were a couple threads in the "What are my chances" section which detailed more how to obtain your PCSM and what you need to do, but I figured it could go in here since its a discussion topic. Anyways, mods feel free to move this if need be.

• 2 weeks later...

My PCSM went from 99 to 82. That was with 6 hours though and now I have like 65 or something like that, which would give me a 96. Good thing I was already selected, otherwise those 3 points might have messed everything up for me!

ETA: I looked up my AFOQT scores out of curiosity and they haven't changed. Did they not update the AFOQT yet?

Edited by spaceman

Go spend some cash and get some flight experience now. Maybe this will cut down on some of the SIEs from people that just put in for a pilot slot because everyone else is doing it.

That's my plan. Score goes up 9 points with just one hour of flight time. Up to an 82 with 11-20 hours. Had already been planning to log some hours and re-apply to the last guard unit I interviewed with, hopefully I'll still be able to get an interview next go around with the new score.

FYI - if your scores seem totally out of whack like mine did AFPC may have made a mistake when converting your score. I emailed them today and they called me saying there was a mistake and they corrected it. I went from going down over 60 points to going up 4 points.

FYI - if your scores seem totally out of whack like mine did AFPC may have made a mistake when converting your score. I emailed them today and they called me saying there was a mistake and they corrected it. I went from going down over 60 points to going up 4 points.

Where did you email them? (Ie the actual email address you used)

So should I just be happy to be here?

I don't remember even knowing my PCSM, not to mention giving two shits about it.

As a civilian applicant to guard units with little to no flying time, I've been relying on high test scores to get interviews.