What's going to happen to the RC-26's?

According to the news today, the NDAA that Congress has agreed on and will vote on later (and which Sen Levin said the Pres will sign) has restored 32 Mobility aircraft and spared 3300 airmen, while cutting the A-10's from Barksdale, Ft Smith and the F-16's at Iowa. It also says the MC-12's would remain in the active duty force. I thought part of Schwartz's plan was to retire the 12 or 13 ANG RC-26B's and replace them with the MC-12's? Anyone know what's in the legislation pertaining to the future of the ANG RC-26's? Did they get spared as well, and if not, what's going to replace them?

http://defense.aol.c...icid=apb2#page2

Do you know of any units looking for MSO's? I'm a reservist looking to get back into the ANG. Would like to try an AOC (AOG, AMOS, etc) type unit (like Syracuse or State College) and then attach and fly the RC-26 (I looked into doing this at SYR years ago but wound up on an active duty tour for a couple of years).

• 1 month later...

We have one, they share it with another unit. I've heard it's better than the MC-12, and when it's gone (from the local area) I've also heard its like a paid vacation.....if you can deal with the desert a month or so out of the year.

But then again I don't fly it, so I speak from my ass.

Edited by matmacwc

Seriously? So I'd have the potential to get hired on and then not have an aircraft in 2 years? I guess that is rolling the dice.

In these times of "I don't know if we'll have funding for the next UTA, so don't just show up and expect to get paid", that's probably a safe assumption for anyone in AFRC/ANG...

• 2 years later...

My unit supports one but it's supposed to be going away this year. I don't know much about it other than it's used for counter-drug.

Any way to get in contact with some of those guys? I landed a pilot slot with a unit that's going to fly em' and it's hard to get any sort of info on it..

Id be wary of anyone that asks questions via PM but doesn't respond to standard questions in response like unit of assignment and whether or not they have a .mil email. Just saying.

Hi Marco.

You are absolutely right. But at the same time there are honest people here who don't have access to .mil email anymore or even never have access to one. How do you think you can deal with this then?

That's understood. I was contacted via PM with questions. Happy to help, but if I ask a question in my reply, it's going to raise a question or two if you do not reply; yet read the message. The PM feature allows you to see when the other person reads the message thread. Given all the shit happening online, and the lack of history as a member of our community; my concerns are valid in my opinion. So if you are true newb, great. Welcome, seriously. Give me a way to contact you and I will help if I can. If not, "Gun Kai!"

That's understood. I was contacted via PM with questions. Happy to help, but if I ask a question in my reply, it's going to raise a question or two if you do not reply; yet read the message. The PM feature allows you to see when the other person reads the message thread. Given all the shit happening online, and the lack of history as a member of our community; my concerns are valid in my opinion. So if you are true newb, great. Welcome, seriously. Give me a way to contact you and I will help if I can. If not, "Gun Kai!"

ok.

• 7 years later...