Tax info

Toro

I prefer to use H&R Block. If you go through military one source, it's free and includes up to 3 state returns, not just federal like other free programs. I've also tried TurboTax, TaxACT, and Tax Slayer, and I think the interface and setup of H&R Block is the most user friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else having problems accessing their W-2? I am a 2014 VSP guy and I am getting an error saying there is no W-2. Wife is still active duty (hopefully not much longer) and also can't access her W-2. Wondering if this is an isolated issue or if there are more out there?

Just did taxes in both turbo tax and free H&R Block online from Mil onesource.. was having a discrepancy in my federal refund between the two. I am Civ employed + Guard. On my form 2606, turbotax takes the exact amount of deductions and puts it in 1040 line 24. H&R block, with the same values on form 2606, puts in a value 10% less on form 1040 line 24.

Still investigating, but I have no idea wtf HR block is coming up with that number. With Turbo tax, i've traced all the calculations and they are legit.

edit - the form 2606 is for non-reimbursed job related expenses. i.e., for being in the guard, travel costs related to commuting > 100 miles to perform duty. Includes airfare, lodging, parking, meals (@ 50%), etc.

Edited by rancormac