Israel vs. Hamas, v.69

BADFNZ

Equating the actions of the Israelis to terrorism.

People around here do that all the time. I'm thinking the trend is just because it is the opposite of what others believe and people now think they have to be all or nothing when it comes to their political beliefs.

Seriously?

I think Danger41 just self-identified as a C model driver.

Danger - for JDAM deliveries, the pilot has to hold a standard red laser pointer over his cranium while circling the target. That and a bushnell rifle scope on the HUD can replace a pod.

http://www.businessinsider.com/uss-new-york-gunston-hall-and-iwo-jima-to-israel-2012-11

Just settling in for the trans-Atlantic crossing that would bring them home to the States for the holidays, the sailors and Marines aboard the Iwo Jima Amphibious Ready Group got the call to turn around and head to Israel.

The USS New York, USS Iwo Jima, and the USS Gunston Hall had all been winding down six month deployments when the Pentagon ordered the group on reserve to help Americans looking to get out of Israel in the coming days.

Looks like all the Gator Navy talk in the F-35B thread is applicable after all...

• 7 months later...

Best thread I could find for the sale of Ospreys, improved F15 radar, and tankers to Israel.

The weapons deal would be part of a military aid package for Israel that includes $1 billion for up to eight V-22 tilt-rotors; $500 million to retrofit radars into F-15 fighters and another $1 billion for a variety of air-to-ground weapons. Additional details about the U.S.-financed deal were revealed during a visit to Washington by Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Yaalon on June 15.

• 1 year later...