USAFA Brawl

SocialD

Yeah, we had 60 guys. Before getting accepted to OTS, I thought it was going to be a similar setup. I was happily surprised when I discovered we had rooms, our own shower, and....a snack drawer! That is a lot better than one big bay.

Edited by one

<sigh>

It shows how much of a lack of actual leadership they have at the zoo. A good leader says "Knock off the bullshit" and the subordinates react. You don't need to cancel years of tradition just because of a single bad act.

I think it is Born over-reacting, while Lengyel has a better perspective on it. You know he's an Aggie right? I've heard he's a good dude, Old Army kinda guy.

Speaking of great traditions....Flight of the Pumkin! Such a good time to watch all you silly BQs struggle to deal with one outfit.

I don't remember any pizza parties at OTS back in 06/07. I do remember all three squadrons incessently pranking one another. I also remember killing years of 'tradition' when they made us chip a metric ton of paint off the Hoya rock. As far as gay dancing in the Big Red Bed, I certainly didn't witness that kinda shit while standing in the back of the room so I wouldn't get caught sleeping a second time.

I think it is Born over-reacting, while Lengyel has a better perspective on it. You know he's an Aggie right? I've heard he's a good dude, Old Army kinda guy.

Speaking of great traditions....Flight of the Pumkin! Such a good time to watch all you silly BQs struggle to deal with one outfit.

I don't remember any pizza parties at OTS back in 06/07. I do remember all three squadrons incessently pranking one another. I also remember killing years of 'tradition' when they made us chip a metric ton of paint off the Hoya rock. As far as gay dancing in the Big Red Bed, I certainly didn't witness that kinda shit while standing in the back of the room so I wouldn't get caught sleeping a second time.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of great traditions....Flight of the Pumpkin! Such a good time to watch all you silly BQs struggle to deal with one outfit.

FIFY

And I don't recall having any issues with C-2. We outnumbered them at least 6 to 1 at every encounter. We put 'em in their proper place.

And I don't recall having any issues with C-2. We outnumbered them at least 6 to 1 at every encounter. We put 'em in their proper place.

That's my point. Against those kinda numbers and they still got that thing to your front step each year I was there. Silly BQs.

Went through BMT in '99, so perhaps things have changed. But I meant non-leadership (student, TI, or otherwise) inspired things.

Generally at night after the TI's had departed stupid things happened. We sang, ran around naked, and other assorted embarrassing things that are only appropriate in a training environment, but generally make it easier to get through. Did you not have those occurrences at BMT?

Nope.....none of that happened. We were scared shitless of our TI and our sister flight's TI. Our TI was some dude out of PA who was told your either A. joining the Air Force or B. going to jail and our sister flights TI was a PJ who blew out his knee so he was doing a TI gig until his knee could heal back up...

Maybe it was just our flight I dunno but I don't remember hearing any stories like that coming from other flights once we got to tech school either......

Edited by MattS

Nope.....none of that happened. We were scared shitless of our TI and our sister flight's TI. Our TI was some dude out of PA who was told your either A. joining the Air Force or B. going to jail and our sister flights TI was a PJ who blew out his knee so he was doing a TI gig until his knee could heal back up...

Maybe it was just our flight I dunno but I don't remember hearing any stories like that coming from other flights once we got to tech school either......

Copy, you guys were at the position of attention 24/7 and never spoke to each other.

Talking to each other is all we could really do. There was a TI in same room with us for almost the entire day. When the TI was just hanging in his office we were not on edge but we weren't singing or doing anything that could get us in too much trouble either. Even at night for the first 4 or so weeks, a trainee from a flight that was graduating soon babysat us from lights out until our TI came back in the morning.

There must've been some point where the TIs were sexually assaulting individuals and hence giving the rest of you a brief opportunity to chat amongst yourselves.

<sigh> It shows how much of a lack of actual leadership they have at the zoo. A good leader says "Knock off the bullshit" and the subordinates react. You don't need to cancel years of tradition just because of a single bad act.

WTF are you talking about? The Dean (who has no control over any of it) sent an email with information about something that happened last week, which some idiot auto-forwarded to AF Times. The Comm stated that what happened was unacceptable, and told the cadets to derive a way of doing this in the future that doesn't require medical help.

Nothing was canceled. Speaking of which, as far as most of us recall, the tradition was the 4 deg's slaughtering the 1st Shirt. Making it an all class hall brawl event is somewhat new.

This wasn't a giant fight, it was 40 simultaneous medium-sized fights, in which 20 odd folks got hurt, 6 of which required visits to the ER. And we don't have an ER on base.

You want to see blood, watch intramural rugby. If the entire wing participated in 20 rugby matches the butcher's bill would have been a hell of a lot bigger.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, that is still in place. I didn't know they made that up. I thought that was a normal thing.

Edited by one

OTS, 2000. They had some made up thing called the "position of modified attention" which was sitting in a chair, at attention. No kidding, feet at 45 degree angle, hands on knees, sitting straight up without touching the seat back.

Don't forget to hold the TALON 0.69 inches from your nose. The trick of course was that you were always allowed to hydrate. I did alot of pretending to drink from an empty canteen whenever I needed to stretch/scratch an itch.