Jump to content

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Nope.  I missed it.  Kinda wish I'd bought in at $20, but I'm definitely not buying in at $300+.

 

Gamestop....kidding.

It looks like today's Reddit Mob Market Mover is American Airlines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

Nope.  I missed it.  Kinda wish I'd bought in at $20, but I'm definitely not buying in at $300+.

 

Some dude has been holding calls on GME since 2019. The dude made over $25M in a day....unrealized of course. But still. 

Edited by ryleypav
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, uhhello said:

I had an order for a few hundred on AMC this morning but cancelled as soon as i placed it.  Of course it went up $4 bucks right as I did it.  Chickenshit at gambling. 

Did you have Blackberry in the bullpen? 

It is funny how the recent actions around Gamstop, AMC and Blackberry started.  I giant FU to moneymakers trying to short.  The Reddit mob punked them hard out of their short position.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Did you have Blackberry in the bullpen? 

It is funny how the recent actions around Gamstop, AMC and Blackberry started.  I giant FU to moneymakers trying to short.  The Reddit mob punked them hard out of their short position.

I hate tik tok, but this is funny.

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who owns GME now?
I bought back in 2013 before the PS4 came out. Of course I bought it at like $40 a share, but I sure am glad I held when it dropped to like $4 a share.

I cashed out at 150, sadly. Would have been awesome if I could have sold at 450, but I'm still excited. It was a stock I'd written off as a loss and out of nowhere it turned into a 10k profit.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ryleypav said:

Robinhood only allowing you to sell currently. Talk about rigging the system and stopping the short squeeze. 

As of right now you can still backdoor buy it by going getting to it through the top 100, FYI. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So let’s see if the likes of Tulsi and the Fox crowd are as adamant about Big Finance control as they are about Big Tech. Yes, I suppose you could try to differentiate based on 1A definitions but money-as-speech was supported with regard to campaign contributions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Swamp Yankee said:

So let’s see if the likes of Tulsi and the Fox crowd are as adamant about Big Finance control as they are about Big Tech. Yes, I suppose you could try to differentiate based on 1A definitions but money-as-speech was supported with regard to campaign contributions. 

Well, CNN blames this whole thing on Trump, yet AOC and Elizabeth Warren are on the side of retail buyers so this whole event has flipped lots of people onto sides we never thought they would be on.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Well, CNN blames this whole thing on Trump, yet AOC and Elizabeth Warren are on the side of retail buyers so this whole event has flipped lots of people onto sides we never thought they would be on.

Ted Cruz is on Twitter agreeing with AOC.

Who would have thought that GameStop would have been the force that finally brings unity to politics?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Ted Cruz is on Twitter agreeing with AOC.

Who would have thought that GameStop would have been the force that finally brings unity to politics?

Interesting turn of events. Of course, GS, AMC, and BB have unviable business strategies and will ultimately die.  But this is so fun to watch.  My boring index funds and stock options have served me well for the long term, especially since 2011. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Well, CNN blames this whole thing on Trump, yet AOC and Elizabeth Warren are on the side of retail buyers so this whole event has flipped lots of people onto sides we never thought they would be on.


I'm not sure people really flipped.

Republicans tend to be in favor of business (like to speak about small business, but really financially and politically tied to big business), so it's not surprising to see those that care about big business/wall street defending their interests (calls for regulating individual investors to protect "professional" investors).

Democrats tend to call for government control and oversight, but primarily on social issues. They get painted as anti business or anti free market (maybe rightfully so in some areas). It doesn't mean they don't necessarily support some aspects of capitalism or individualism.

But this is all just capitalism and a relatively free market, and we're seeing who really believes in a free market, and who just says they do to pander to their base.

Money buys you influence (in this case, influence on the market), and the more money you have, the more influence you have. Redditors banding together as individual investors with one aim gives them a lot of capital to influence the market (arguably democratically, with people voting with their checkbook in a very decentralized manner). Contrast that with hedge funds that essentially do the same thing, though with more control (centralized control of the capital of individual investors).
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ted Cruz is on Twitter agreeing with AOC.
Who would have thought that GameStop would have been the force that finally brings unity to politics?
As much as I despise Tucker Carlson, he's also essentially agreeing with AOC as well.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jazzdude said:
24 minutes ago, pawnman said:
Ted Cruz is on Twitter agreeing with AOC.
Who would have thought that GameStop would have been the force that finally brings unity to politics?

As much as I despise Tucker Carlson, he's also essentially agreeing with AOC as well.

Apparently unity is possible, at least at 1:23pm EST on 1/28/2021.  We’ll see how long it lasts. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Swamp Yankee said:

Apparently unity is possible, at least at 1:23pm EST on 1/28/2021.  We’ll see how long it lasts. 

Maybe.  But I wouldn't want to be the Robin Hood exec getting roasted by the left AND right in that congressional hearing.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Swamp Yankee said:

Interesting turn of events. Of course, GS, AMC, and BB have unviable business strategies and will ultimately die.  But this is so fun to watch.  My boring index funds and stock options have served me well for the long term, especially since 2011. 

Companies can always change strategies though; but that takes investment. Remember, Amazon was a book store once. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jazzdude said:


 

 


I'm not sure people really flipped.

Republicans tend to be in favor of business (like to speak about small business, but really financially and politically tied to big business), so it's not surprising to see those that care about big business/wall street defending their interests (calls for regulating individual investors to protect "professional" investors).

Democrats tend to call for government control and oversight, but primarily on social issues. They get painted as anti business or anti free market (maybe rightfully so in some areas). It doesn't mean they don't necessarily support some aspects of capitalism or individualism.

But this is all just capitalism and a relatively free market, and we're seeing who really believes in a free market, and who just says they do to pander to their base.

Money buys you influence (in this case, influence on the market), and the more money you have, the more influence you have. Redditors banding together as individual investors with one aim gives them a lot of capital to influence the market (arguably democratically, with people voting with their checkbook in a very decentralized manner). Contrast that with hedge funds that essentially do the same thing, though with more control (centralized control of the capital of individual investors).

 

Yeah... I mean.... Republicans and Democrats are usually about big business. Thats not a one sided thing. Its just what sector of big business are they most interested in. Here's the thing though, a lot, and I mean, A LOT, of people in both parties trade in their spare time. I think there is going to be a pretty wide consensus to tell wallstreet to STFU up on this one. 

Edited by FLEA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Several lawsuits including a class action suit were filed against Robinhood today.  I know some VERY pissed off people right now....several had large positions they tried to sell but were locked out of their accounts with no warning before Gamestop tumbled 50% today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Several lawsuits including a class action suit were filed against Robinhood today.  I know some VERY pissed off people right now....several had large positions they tried to sell but were locked out of their accounts with no warning before Gamestop tumbled 50% today.

My buddy (big whig in the finance world) was telling me there's quite a few people in this little game that are going to have charges laid against them.  Lots of 401Ks tanked for this, i.e., a lot of little people are going to hurt a lot more than the caught with their pants down hedge fund managers.  I don't agree with some things happening on Wall Street, but usually what they do is backed by sound reasoning, not "Hey, let's screw Wall Street and pump fake value into this failing business model!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Several lawsuits including a class action suit were filed against Robinhood today.  I know some VERY pissed off people right now....several had large positions they tried to sell but were locked out of their accounts with no warning before Gamestop tumbled 50% today.

Robinhood is allowing people to close positions, just not create new ones.

Which only benefits the short sellers who want to continue to create fake sell ladders to manipulate the price lower.

Check out the order book that has entirely exhausted the sell pressure from private investment firms lol:

j6g1paf4h3e61.jpg
 

Hard to feel bad that investment bankers, which do nothing for the world, may have less boats. When short selling and greed goes too far.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...