Landing Fees at O'Hare

I have been in a two ship of F-15E's that flew into O'Hare....500 foot initial!

After the PR function (Tuskeegee Airman on the ramp, looking at the planes) we got unrestricted climbs to 15K.

We did not get gas or pay any fees.

Cheers,

Cap-10

• Upvote 1

Landing fees are paid by individual units, so...fly there, but know that when you've gone 3 years without so much as a checklist issued to you...your resource advisor might hate you.

Also, I fly into large civilian fields regularly and landing fees are rare. Teterboro is a regular offender, but you just call them when you get the bill and they'll cancel the charge for military.

MDW is NOT your only option, multiple suggestions listed above are good ones.

We took T-6s to Rockford and just drove to Chicago. It's not that far of a drive.

O'Hare is no big deal if you go real late at night and call approach on the phone ahead of time. Or at least that's how it was a few years ago.

Or just go to Milwaukee (which is Algonquin for "the good land") or Madison and skip Chicago.

Edited by snoopyeast

Don't listen to these guys. Make the phone calls and set it up. You could be a pussy and run from a threat that doesnt exist or you could be like Cap-10 and have a great story and a great time.

Just go for it. Don't fuck up and have fun.

I've taken flights of Hornets into MDW several times, no landing fee issues. FBO on the south side (can't remember the name) has the contract. Unless that's changed in the last year.

Don't listen to these guys. Make the phone calls and set it up. You could be a pussy and run from a threat that doesnt exist or you could be like Cap-10 and have a great story and a great time.

Just go for it. Don't fuck up and have fun.

Isn't the point of going cross-country (in white jets at least) to get experience you wouldn't normally get flying at home station?

Do some of that pilot shit...don't take "no" for an answer and make it happen.

KMDH,

Then come into town and shack it up with some of the "local talent" that just came back en masse for the fall semester.

If we are talking local talent, I prefer heading a bit north on 51 to the Gallery, Club Coyote, or even better JB's...For 'dem extra classy womens!