C-17 Lands at Wrong Airport

1 hour ago, Majestik Møøse said:

I’ve had to walk Airfield Managers through their own pubs to figure out weight bearing capacity twice. They no shit had no idea what their taxiways were good for. I’m guessing there’s a good chance the Stillwater manager thought he was ok until he wasn’t. Keep those emails, kids.

Single tandem, double tandem, triple tandem. What does it mean, it's so complicated.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 2:21 PM, Danger41 said:

Sounds like the good people of Stillwater wanted a new runway and saw Uncle Sugar as a way to get there.

“Stillwater Regional Airport has briefed the offices of Sen. James Lankford, Sen. Jim Inhofe, the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission and the Federal Aviation Administration.”

Not too far out of the realm of possibility. Trying to get some of that $1.7T spending bill that just passed? The airport has big growth aspirations and is planning to build a commercial terminal in 2024.

Personally I’m rooting for the C-17 crew to show up guns blazing with facts.

• Upvote 2

I’m not saying we all haven’t seen aircrews do some dumb shit with airplanes, but PCN, PPR, etc is basic Day one stuff, and especially old hat for you AMC types who land all over the place. The more I think about it, something seems rotten in Denmark, and by Denmark I mean Stillwater. 

On 12/25/2022 at 8:17 PM, 08Dawg said:

I’m not saying we all haven’t seen aircrews do some dumb shit with airplanes, but PCN, PPR, etc is basic Day one stuff, and especially old hat for you AMC types who land all over the place. The more I think about it, something seems rotten in Denmark, and by Denmark I mean Stillwater. 

What he said,,,C-17 101

• Upvote 1