Veteran reemployment programs/initiatives?

BADFNZ

As folks have mentioned anything with a start or end counts. So airshows..yes. Also deployments, ORI/UCIs (incl prep), process implementation (ie incorporation of E-readers, getting folks spun up/quald on new systems such as CTIIor testing out new systems. Large scale exercises are also legit....the planning, scenario development, beddown, execution, roll-up, etc. Be ready to be audited, tho. As long as you have some sort of documentation (ie OPRs) you will be good to go. An MFR from your boss saying yes, his application is legitIve reviewed it works. Be sure to also do some reading up on Agile (Scrum). No need to go and spend money on a scrum master course if you are newbut to say you know PM and are familiar with Agile is clutch on a resume/in an interview.

Edited by noodles

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

anyone have a copy of the PMBOK Guide, 5th Edition in PDF form they can send my way? Or know where I can DL free?

I don't have CAC access for a few days to check for you, but look on the portal for "books24x7". It's somewhere in that learning section of the portal. I think that database has it.

Amazon has it for Kindle (or the app) for $38.

I just passed my PMP last weekend without the actual PMBOK. However, I don't think the Syracuse/Skillsoft coursework would have been enough to pass. I googled and took every practice test I could find. I found those very helpful. I also recommend at least browsing an ITTO graphic/spreadsheet. Don't memorize it, but look for patterns where they exist. More than a few questions will be answered by that ITTO chart.

Edited by nunya

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.hollingenterprises.com

I'm primarily hiring Maintenance Technicians at this time. Available positions are listed under the Careers tab. Engineering positions will be posted in the next few weeks. Jobs are based in Jacksonville, FL. Willingness to travel required. We're looking for innovative thinkers whom are willing to work on a variety of projects. Interesting work awaits those willing and able to integrate into a close-knit team of professionals. I look forward to speaking with you. Thanks.

Marcus Holling

CEO

Holling Enterprises

• Upvote 1

The SBA veterans small business loans are quite the deal if you don't want to work for the man.

For those in (or returning to) the Chicago area, the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC) offers a short entrepreneurship program specifically for veterans called Veterans2Ventures. They just started it last year and are preparing for another class in the fall. It's a great way to help identify (or further develop) business ideas and gives you the tools to make it happen. I was a presenter in one of the courses and still keep in touch with a group of graduates. The best part is it's free for veterans. Think of it as a mini-MBA with all the practical tools necessary start your own business and be successful.

http://business.uic.edu/home-uic-business/faculty-departments-research/institute-for-entrepreneurial-studies/veterans2ventures