The Mother of all CGOCs

ThreeHoler

Another WTF...the winner of the AF-CGO of the year, "individually dedicating over 1500 volunteer hours and completing a master’s degree." Even if she volunteered EVERY single day of the year, that would still require more than four hours a day. I don't know what kind of job has that much free time, but it must be nice.

Well, 1500 hours on volunteering AND completing a master's. So if she's taking her textbook to work, and counting all the time she's in class as Master's + volunteerism ("I'm tutoring people in my study group"), it becomes more feasible. Maybe it's like the MX guys...takes 3 guys 20 minutes to do one job, that's 3 man-hours, right?

Maybe it's like the MX guys...takes 3 guys 20 minutes to do one job, that's 3 man-hours, right?

Thread Derail:

Well 15 minutes to get tools out of the crib and get to the jet, 20 minutes on the jet to fix the problem, 20 minutes on CAMs, forms, logbook, etc...gets pretty close to an hour. 1 hour X 3 guys...let me check my math...seems pretty close to 3 man hours.

Edited by Kenny Powers

Well, 1500 hours on volunteering AND completing a master's. So if she's taking her textbook to work, and counting all the time she's in class as Master's + volunteerism ("I'm tutoring people in my study group"), it becomes more feasible. Maybe it's like the MX guys...takes 3 guys 20 minutes to do one job, that's 3 man-hours, right?

I imagine its 1500 hours volunteering as president of the CGOC. That's 2 hours per day for primary duty, 1 hour per day for additional duties, and 4 hours per day (every day) running the CGOC for the wing.

• 1 month later...

Wow, came across this forum on a google search. Great job putting down all non rated officers. End of the day, here to serve with and for you. For all CGOS out there trying to make a difference, keep it up! Even one minute dedicated to community service, volunteer work, or helping to lend an ear to an overworked Lieutenant still tryint to figure it out, should be celebrated.

V/r

Khalisha "What" Savage

When/if any of you become Wing Commanders, hopes are your mentality may change so you can look out for your "entire"military community and not just the flyers.

Edited by kaccs
  • Upvote 1

For all CGOS out there trying to make a difference, keep it up! Even one minute dedicated to community service, volunteer work, or helping to lend an ear to an overworked Lieutenant still tryint to figure it out, should be celebrated.

Oh, you guys do all of that to make a difference? Here I am thinking you guys are mostly acting selfishly in order to further your careers. Glad you came here to straighten us out.

Wow, came across this forum on a google search. Great job putting down all non rated officers. End of the day, here to serve with and for you. For all CGOS out there trying to make a difference, keep it up! Even one minute dedicated to community service, volunteer work, or helping to lend an ear to an overworked Lieutenant still tryint to figure it out, should be celebrated.

V/r

Khalisha "What" Savage

When/if any of you become Wing Commanders, hopes are your mentality may change so you can look out for your "entire"military community and not just the flyers.

Nobody is putting down all non-rated officers. With all the free time you have to invest in community service and the CGOC, why not walk over to your nearest flying squadron and see if they need any help? I guarantee almost every squadron is severely min manned and would greatly appreciate your help. Not only are you directly contributing to our primary missions, you know, the whole "flying" thing, but you can still write yourself an amazing OPR bullet so you look better than your peers and get promoted.

Nobody is putting down all non-rated officers. With all the free time you have ... I guarantee almost every squadron is severely min manned ...

As a non-rated myself I wonder where all this free time comes from. I've looked at doing the CGOC because we don't have a large pool of peers in our Sq to interact with and it's good for networking and "getting things done". Remember, we don't have Sq bars. :notworthy:

It helps to know, on pleasant terms initially, who the finance CGO is, same with medical and personnel. I get the bashing at times, but that's a serious incentive to me to head over, and I like to volunteer when I can -- not for promotion.

But, we're so f'ing undermanned that I just don't have time with all the queep or anything else to understand how they knock all this nonsense out. I'm checking through EPRs to make sure the brand new SSgts didn't shit on the form and hand it up. My TSgt can't be bothered to look at them for a variety of reasons (overworked usually, lazy the other 49.9% of the time) and the MSgt are worried about making SMSgt/Top-3 more than anything else usually. (Side note: reason #2 I wanted a commision was to throat punch bad SNCOs.)

Amn.. oh my god.. I don't usually get into Amn becuase that's the supervisors job. So when Amn snuffy is late by hours for the 4th time in 3 months and the SSgt tells me it's just verbal counseling again, the SSgt gets face rolled. Which takes time.

Add that to the AAD, upcoming PME (whatever it is now), Add'l duties, and idea-fairy killing, I just don't have time besides robbing the family more to put towards something like that.

Where are they getting this damn time??!?!?!?

Yeah, she should volunteer to help with the worthless self-licking queep in an ops squadron instead of doing community service. Great idea.

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me. Instead of people working two jobs in the squadron with flying being the tertiary job, it would be great to have flying being the primary job again. Plenty of non-worthless queep that people could use help with.

Sounds like a wonderful idea to me. Instead of people working two jobs in the squadron with flying being the tertiary job, it would be great to have flying being the primary job again. Plenty of non-worthless queep that people could use help with.

Those jobs exist in our Sq's too, and are just as souless and non-mission directed.

How about we just give everyone back a Sq. orderly room instead?

Really glad I got you guys talking. As the first post referred to my bio, I'm prior enlisted medical, for 12 years, working 12 to 14 hour shifts easy, and still volunteering with my community and delivering cookies to the flyers, working with thier spouses and visiting SFS on the gate. I see a lot of excuses in the post after mine. I'm a fighter squadron (deployed) finance officer/ fighter wing (home station), finance officer working super long hours is the norm for me. Find the time to help out ALL of your community, even if its an hour a month. Don't lump me or others into one group, we're all deploying, all different and definitely ALL minimal manned. By the Way Comptroller/Finance Officers are the MOST deployed in the Air Force, Check your stats and stop blindly putting your fellow sisters and brothers down.

Edited by kaccs
  • Upvote 1

Those jobs exist in our Sq's too, and are just as souless and non-mission directed.

How about we just give everyone back a Sq. orderly room instead?

Supposedly we are getting them back, or at least it was mentioned among the higher ups. It would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Really glad I got you guys talking. As the first post referred to my bio, I'm prior enlisted medical, for 12 years, working 12 to 14 hour shifts easy, and still volunteering with my community and delivering cookies to the flyers, working with thier spouses and visiting SFS on the gate. I see a lot of excuses in the post after mine. I'm a fighter squadron (deployed) finance officer/ fighter group (home station), finance officer working super long hours is the norm for me. Find the time to help out ALL of your community, even if its an hour a month. Don't lump me or others into one group, we're all deploying, all different and definitely ALL minimal manned. By the Way Comptroller/Finance Officers are the MOST deployed in the Air Force, Check your stats and stop blindly putting your fellow sisters and brothers down.

This may be just a little bit dated, but I don't see "Pay travel vouchers" in there. "Airmen who call in airstrikes, disarm roadside bombs, drive or repair trucks, fly and fix special operations and reconnaissance aircraft, build bases and care for the wounded spent the most time away from home in fiscal 2010, according to data from the Air Force Personnel Center." Reference (http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/11/air-force-who-is-deployed-most-112010w/)

Serious question. What is this?

Kinda like a Spec Ops Fighter Pilot...they're a rare breed. :notworthy:

• Upvote 1

By the Way Comptroller/Finance Officers are the MOST deployed in the Air Force, Check your stats and stop blindly putting your fellow sisters and brothers down.

Are you a 65FX? If so, there are 525 of you in the air force, and you were deployed for an average of 65 days per year CAO FY2010. Not even close to the top of the list.

And while it seems like you're a female, don't try the dick measuring thing around here, it rarely works out well.

I'm a girl, no d**k measuring, and tell my deployed finance officers that bull. We're 6 months to a year minimum. They'll send you a personal email from their locations. Try Air Force times as a statistical resource has a super great article on the subject (we ARE #1 deployed). But you're right gray beard, this forum is definitely used to continue a crazy hate on hate against your support officers and enlisted. With that said, I'll take my briefcase and leave (wink). Small Air Force, I'm sure I'll see you around before I retire, you definitely know my name. Cheers!

Edited by kaccs
  • Upvote 2

Really glad I got you guys talking. As the first post referred to my bio, I'm prior enlisted medical, for 12 years, working 12 to 14 hour shifts easy, and still volunteering with my community and delivering cookies to the flyers, working with thier spouses and visiting SFS on the gate. I see a lot of excuses in the post after mine. I'm a fighter squadron (deployed) finance officer/ fighter wing (home station), finance officer working super long hours is the norm for me. Find the time to help out ALL of your community, even if its an hour a month. Don't lump me or others into one group, we're all deploying, all different and definitely ALL minimal manned. By the Way Comptroller/Finance Officers are the MOST deployed in the Air Force, Check your stats and stop blindly putting your fellow sisters and brothers down.

We were already talking. I'm prior too.. whoopee.

How much of that time volunteering is taking place during your "work hours". Additionally are you still working 12~14 hr shifts as a finance officer?? Doing what? Outside of end-of-year, I've never seen finance officers burn that much oil on legit work. How much is busy work, nice to have, idea-fairy, something a Col mentioned in passing? That opinion includes my good friends who're finance now, officers and enlisted.

Is all your volunteer work on the weekend? How do you fit in PT time?

Do you have a family? When do you see them? My wife's been gone every 75 days for a 90+ deployment. She's not finance, she wears bags. Plus the Sq wants her to work on upgrade training and knock out that AAD. All that time is supposed to come from time with me & our kiddos.

What OTS time management lessons are you applying to get all this done?

I can assure you, we're not all deploying and to say as much is just nonsense. Deployments to MacDill/Stuttgart etc don't count. Deployed in place doesn't count.

Did you get a Bronze Star yet?

/rant

Mostly what we're all amazed at with this is the large national organization (there's a fing conference) that has time to put together a magazine that aggregates all this nonsense (look at some of the numbers), but medical and finance still close for training hours, PT, not have hours servicable to those of use who work swings/mids, and still jack up vouchers. CE won't work on anything that's not a ticket, no matter the emergency. Comm Cyber can't seem to patch comptuers without breaking them, and services keeps changing the color of their khakis.

As always, it's trying to look good, with out actually being good.

EDIT - you liked your own post. :vomit:

Edited by 17D_guy
  • Upvote 1