US Aircraft Crashes in Djibouti, Four Fatalities

skinny

"2" to what Cooter said, good send off last night.

For anyone who knew the guys or is involved in base activities on Hurlburt, the base memorial will be Tuesday the 28th at 1000 in the Freedom Hanger on the East side of base.

The U28 Heroes website is legit and we've had a lot of generous donations so far, thanks to anyone who has donated already. I'm sure the families will appreciate whatever help is available.

There will be a piano burn Friday Mach 2nd

That's going to be one fast piano burning at Mach 2! Post pictures, please!

Excellent way to pick-up an old RAF tradition.

:beer:

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This thread was mean to honor the sacrifice and loss of four great Airmen, please keep that in mind and go to the other thread if yo want to have a pissing contest about wings falling off.

Them Them...

Yes, and stop asking unless the AIB is out.

I guess it's not much of a "Shadow War" when the mainstream press has a hold of it. On a somewhat related note from the Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/us-expands-secret-intelligence-operations-in-africa/2012/06/13/gJQAHyvAbV_story.html

It is seriously difficult to take our notion of "OPSEC" seriously when you see articles like that.

• Upvote 2

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but usually there is a releasable portion of an SIB, right?

You're probably thinking of the AIB, which comes out later (sometimes much later) and has different content than the SIB.

"The purpose of an accident investigation is:

a. To provide a publicly-releasable report of the facts and the circumstances surrounding the accident, to include a statement of opinion on the cause or causes of the accident; and,

b. To gather and preserve evidence for claims, litigation, disciplinary, and adverse administrative actions, and for other purposes.

In contrast, the primary purpose of a safety investigation is to find the cause of an accident in order to take preventative actions."

http://usaf.aib.law.af.mil/AIB_Info.html

You're probably thinking of the AIB, which comes out later (sometimes much later) and has different content than the SIB.

"The purpose of an accident investigation is:

a. To provide a publicly-releasable report of the facts and the circumstances surrounding the accident, to include a statement of opinion on the cause or causes of the accident; and,

b. To gather and preserve evidence for claims, litigation, disciplinary, and adverse administrative actions, and for other purposes.

In contrast, the primary purpose of a safety investigation is to find the cause of an accident in order to take preventative actions."

http://usaf.aib.law....l/AIB_Info.html

Nope. I'm thinking SIB...and it's probably part I. That portion is released to the AIB, isn't it? And since that's in their report, it is, of course, released...but not until the AIB's done, right?

I helped on about a dozen of these as a gopher, but never was completely clear on the rules of releasability

Nope. I'm thinking SIB...and it's probably part I. That portion is released to the AIB, isn't it? And since that's in their report, it is, of course, released...but not until the AIB's done, right?

I helped on about a dozen of these as a gopher, but never was completely clear on the rules of releasability

http://www.e-publishing.af.mil/shared/media/epubs/afi91-204.pdf