1st female Air Force combat vet in run for congress

F-15E WSO

On 7/14/2020 at 4:08 PM, pbar said:

The Social Security Disability system is even more rife with grift, fraud, and scammers than the VA.  

Personal experience or just what some talking head said?

99% of SSD claims are denied on initial application.  These days, just about anyone that gets SSD gets it after the claim is taken to court.  Takes over a year to years.

VA disability claims don't usually take a lawyer to get.

On 8/8/2020 at 8:18 PM, disgruntledemployee said:

Personal experience or just what some talking head said?

99% of SSD claims are denied on initial application.  These days, just about anyone that gets SSD gets it after the claim is taken to court.  Takes over a year to years.

VA disability claims don't usually take a lawyer to get.

Anecdotal, but this was my Dad's SSD experience.  Didn't got to court, but had to get a lawyer involved and it did take over a year.

That being said, I just got my 100% disability, which was a shock.  I can still walk (kinda), run (kinda) and lift heavy things (not overhead).  But I hurt while doing them, and even more when it's done.  Plus I'm about 5 years out from back surgery #3.

During the VA screening I moved until discomfort, and was honest about how I felt physically.  Legit felt a mountain of stress come off when the doc wasn't fighting to give me more Vit M, more PT, another pain pill, etc.  Took down my info professionally, gave me some old man advice (always appreciated), and was just chill.

After 21 years...I'm just looking for some chill at this point.

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Man... I am at Altus for PIQ.... Altus, OK! And the local airwaves are filled with anti-“you know who” ads (don’t want to say her name and have to pay $5.00 to the good ole A-10 folks.)

Why the hell would they blow add money this Far East of Arizona? Lol

I could care less

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

1 hour ago, CharlieHotel47 said:

Man... I am at Altus for PIQ.... Altus, OK! And the local airwaves are filled with anti-“you know who” ads (don’t want to say her name and have to pay $5.00 to the good ole A-10 folks.)

Why the hell would they blow add money this Far East of Arizona? Lol

I could care less

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Altus has radio stations?

2 hours ago, Breckey said:

She is not well regarded in Rescue.

Neither was McBlinky in the A-10. Didn't stop her from running for office. Considering the political bent of this forum, I think the question is moot and banal. I'm more interested in hearing some anecdotes regarding the claims of her service.

Was her telling of the story of the events during that LZ exchange legit (to include her rather incisive accusation of cowardice onto the AC of Pedro 16), or is this another female making it difficult for others to gain and retain credibility in the military due to embellishment and foot-shifting about the predictably perennial sexual harassment tit-for-tat or gender-bent pandering that seems be at the root of many 'ascendant' female officers in political life?

1 hour ago, hindsight2020 said:

Neither was McBlinky in the A-10. Didn't stop her from running for office. Considering the political bent of this forum, I think the question is moot and banal. I'm more interested in hearing some anecdotes regarding the claims of her service.

Was her telling of the story of the events during that LZ exchange legit (to include her rather incisive accusation of cowardice onto the AC of Pedro 16), or is this another female making it difficult for others to gain and retain credibility in the military due to embellishment and foot-shifting about the predictably perennial sexual harassment tit-for-tat or gender-bent pandering that seems be at the root of many 'ascendant' female officers in political life?

https://www.pacaf.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/595057/33rd-rescue-squadron-crew-earns-mackay-trophy/

I personally know two of the crew on Pedro 16.  Her recall of the events and accusations of cowardice are mind boggling.  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, uhhello said:

https://www.pacaf.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/595057/33rd-rescue-squadron-crew-earns-mackay-trophy/

I personally know two of the crew on Pedro 16.  Her recall of the events and accusations of cowardice are mind boggling.  

I hadn't read that account from Pedro 16 perspective. Thanks for the link. That really confirms what I suspected about a rather cryptic online history on MJ's account of events. Sounds like typical embellishment and mischaracterization of direct action account, not unlike the behavior that McSally's critics frequently pointed to. It's real unfortunate, especially for the rest of the female demographic just going about their jobs without the ulterior motive of gender-weaponizing in civilian/political life. Nothing new under the sun I guess. 

7 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Has there ever been an aircrew member turned politician that was well regarded? I’d say Duke Cunningham but he didn’t exactly have a successful political career. 

Our very own Congressman perhaps? AFAIK he was a stand up dude when he was in and seems to be acquitting himself in congress fairly well so far. 

• Upvote 2

You mean the dude that occasionally posts here? Or whom are you referring to? 

This is always an interesting topic to me because I don’t think that simply being a veteran qualifies you to be a governmental leader. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Has there ever been an aircrew member turned politician that was well regarded? I’d say Duke Cunningham but he didn’t exactly have a successful political career. 

I'm a fan of Dan Crenshaw, but I understand there are many who aren't.

I also like Tammy Duckworth, even though I don't share her political views.  I absolutely think she fights for what she believes in and she's there to make the country better.  We just have different ideas of how to do it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I also like Tammy Duckworth, even though I don't share her political views.  I absolutely think she fights for what she believes in and she's there to make the country better.  We just have different ideas of how to do it.
I completely agree that both of these examples seem to genuinely want the best for the country.

Also, they both have positions and ideas I like and positions and ideas I disagree with. But unlike most of the people up there, I don't doubt they have the betterment of the country as their motivation.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, pawnman said:

A lot of people on the left.  Like, a lot.

Which is standard political fare, though I'd love to hear the reasons why.

To me he seems like the first in the new generation of intellectual conservatives who actually has a shot at becoming the president. Obviously the eye patch and amazing military story are a huge part of that, but also he is taking a considered attempt at being more than just a talking head. His podcast is quite interesting, as is Ted Cruz's. 

He seems like one of the few clean politicians on either side right now, I hope he stays that way. I think he would win in a landslide.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, pawnman said:

Congresswoman Duckworth lighting up that dude claiming to be a veteran is one of my fav government hearing moments.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Danger41 said:

You mean the dude that occasionally posts here? Or whom are you referring to? 

This is always an interesting topic to me because I don’t think that simply being a veteran qualifies you to be a governmental leader. 

Yes. He goes by Congressman here. He hasn’t posted much here lately though I can’t say I blame him. Any moderately intelligent person in public life probably doesn’t need to be prolifically posting on message boards. Associating with the p baseops.net crowd (or just military aircrew in general) too much is likely seen as a bit crass in a lot of Washington circles. Regardless, even though I don’t share a whole lot of views with him, I’m glad he’s there, along with the likes of Duckworth and Crenshaw. We need more like them. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, Danger41 said:

Both  George Bush’s. You can debate “well regarded” but they both were President of the United States. 

John Glenn

• Upvote 2

On 10/24/2020 at 1:29 PM, Danger41 said:

McCain I guess? The Rep from Illinois that flies ISR in the guard who visits this forum.   George W flew in the Texas ANG.