1st female Air Force combat vet in run for congress

F-15E WSO

Her initial threat reaction in the past was to sue (or threat to sue) her boss. It wasn't just the abaya. She also sued because she said her shiity OPRs and grade sheets were retribution for the abaya suit...and next thing you know she was a squadron commander. No shit.

No one to threaten or sue here. There is legitimate competition with real money to spend. She will self destruct.

Not a threat, just an embarrassment. Again.

It's not just her, look at who else we have running for sheriff here in Bexar County (San Antonio)...

Susan For Sheriff

Not one iota of law enforcement expereince, and being a personnelist in the USAF doesn't qualify her either!

What's amusing is that she charges the current sheriff with "gross mismanagement and misconduct,” I think many would say the same about her tenure at AFPC!

Plus, notice she also has a 'star' in her logo; albeit a lot more descrete than McBlinky's!

She's already made a failed attempt at the county commissioner's job. She has no experience in that arena either. I guess she's just gonna keep running for offices until she wins one!

If either gets one vote, whoever casts it needs to be donkey-punched ('cause you know it's gonna be a woman who does so!).

Cheers! M2

Eye blinking can be a criterion for diagnosing medical conditions. For example, excessive blinking may help to indicate the onset of Tourette syndrome, strokes or disorders of the nervous system. Source.

The problem may take care of itself.

Edited by Rainman A-10

It's not just her, look at who else we have running for sheriff here in Bexar County (San Antonio)...

Susan For Sheriff

Not one iota of law enforcement expereince, and being a personnelist in the USAF doesn't qualify her either!

What's amusing is that she charges the current sheriff with "gross mismanagement and misconduct,” I think many would say the same about her tenure at AFPC!

Plus, notice she also has a 'star' in her logo; albeit a lot more descrete than McBlinky's!

She's already made a failed attempt at the county commissioner's job. She has no experience in that arena either. I guess she's just gonna keep running for offices until she wins one!

If either gets one vote, whoever casts it needs to be donkey-punched ('cause you know it's gonna be a woman who does so!).

Cheers! M2

Kee-rist! I thought this vampire was dead.

I hate being wrong...

Oxymoron...by definition vampires are already dead. :beer:

Either you have a teenage daughter or you have just stepped out of the Twilight closet. :beer:

I have been reading about this woman since this thread started and I do not understand why the Pentagon took up her case on the abayas. How could the US say service women do not have to wear the abaya off a US base while local Saudi law requires women to wear the abaya in public? Do we have the ultimate authority? I can see how American women disapprove of wearing the abaya, but no one is asking them to adopt Islam. Why not just do it out of respect for other cultures and/or your own safety. Would the mutawa ignore American service women not wearing the abaya when they leave the US base, excusing them because the US government said they do not have to abide by local law?

Oxymoron...by definition vampires are already dead. :beer:

By definition vampires should shrivel up and burn in the sunlight instead of sparkle, but things change...

So many "First woman to ___________" events, it's hard to keep 'em straight.

Maybe. Maybe not.

There are people who stand out in history for the right reasons - some milk their fame, others don't (and in Rossi's case, she didn't live long enough to have a choice).

I only knew about her because this guy talked about her. He talked not about her gender, but about the fact that she had brass balls. She stands out for the right reasons.

That being said, I believe that Steve doesn't really have much love for anything Rupert Murdoch.

True.

• Upvote 1

I have been reading about this woman since this thread started and I do not understand why the Pentagon took up her case on the abayas. How could the US say service women do not have to wear the abaya off a US base while local Saudi law requires women to wear the abaya in public? Do we have the ultimate authority? I can see how American women disapprove of wearing the abaya, but no one is asking them to adopt Islam. Why not just do it out of respect for other cultures and/or your own safety. Would the mutawa ignore American service women not wearing the abaya when they leave the US base, excusing them because the US government said they do not have to abide by local law?

Maybe because it is offensive to women and to American citizens who are asked by their government to defend a totalitarian theocratic monarchy? As for respect for their culture, I have been coming to the Middle East since 1990, there is very little that I respect about their "culture". It appears that you have swallowed the big-blue kool aid in regards to appeasement of 13th century tribesmen. Do you really want to go in this direction? Just asking...

An add...they already know that we are Westerners and/or Americans. An abaya does not conceal that. Neither does wearing a polo shirt and Dockers, we are still targets. Would you suggest "out of respect for their culture" that we prostrate ourselves 5 times a day towards Mecca while in their country? Their official religion requires this, all other religions are forbidden. How about killing atheists in our ranks who are deployed to their country? After all, their law requrires death for atheists and apostates.

Oh, I see, we only have to hide who we are when we are off the installation. Got news for you...they know who and what we are. The best thing that ever happened was when we left PSAB. Too bad we are still here in the Middle East but that is what a lack of political leadership and political will gets you, not to mention failed military strategy.

Edited by MaintChief

Maybe because it is offensive to women and to American citizens who are asked by their government to defend a totalitarian theocratic monarchy? As for respect for their culture, I have been coming to the Middle East since 1990, there is very little that I respect about their "culture". It appears that you have swallowed the big-blue kool aid in regards to appeasement of 13th century tribesmen. Do you really want to go in this direction? Just asking...

An add...they already know that we are Westerners and/or Americans. An abaya does not conceal that. Neither does wearing a polo shirt and Dockers, we are still targets. Would you suggest "out of respect for their culture" that we prostrate ourselves 5 times a day towards Mecca while in their country? Their official religion requires this, all other religions are forbidden. How about killing atheists in our ranks who are deployed to their country? After all, their law requrires death for atheists and apostates.

Oh, I see, we only have to hide who we are when we are off the installation. Got news for you...they know who and what we are. The best thing that ever happened was when we left PSAB. Too bad we are still here in the Middle East but that is what a lack of political leadership and political will gets you, not to mention failed military strategy.

It's not about kool-aid, it's about not getting thrown the fuck out of their country.

Hey Chief, are you for ######ing real?

Get a ######ing clue.

Just spouting my opinion, along with everyone else here. I'm well aware of the official reasons we are in the Middle East and why we do what we do. And everyone is well aware why we are on our knees kissing the ass of despots left and right so that we can have our permanent bases here. So save it.

Edited by MaintChief

Speak for yourself.

You don't deny that the countries that we are based in are not democracies? You don't deny that the countries we are based in treat their "guest" workers as little more than indentured servants? You don't deny that women, in the countries we are based in, are treated as 2nd class citizens? You don't deny, that once away from our bases, that the general populations are viewed as a threat ? That the governments are repressive regimes that fear their populations? You don't deny that the reason we are based here is for the oil? You don't deny that Iraq is a failure, and that we are setting A'stan up for the same?

Been coming to SWA since 1981, I'll give this a 2, how many remember when a female LT was in town with her SMSgt in Daharan, a old man came up and stabbed her, she lived but the Saudi police did not arrest the old man. Why? Because she was with a man who was not her husband nor brother or father which in accordance with Sharia it is totally acceptable. Don't know if she was wearing a abaya. Had a female troop feminist who insisted that she be allowed to drive in downtown Riyahd who got pulled over by a Suadi cop and created a incident.

Kee-rist! I thought this vampire was dead.

I hate being wrong...

NO SHIT! Her page loaded and I actually swore out loud when I saw who it was. Will the madness ever end??

It's people like her who we have to thank for the current crop of "you don't get promoted...your record does!" management/douchebag/non-leaders that are in the O-5/O-6 roles today. Beginning of the end, that one was.

You don't deny that the countries that we are based in are not democracies? You don't deny that the countries we are based in treat their "guest" workers as little more than indentured servants? You don't deny that women, in the countries we are based in, are treated as 2nd class citizens? You don't deny, that once away from our bases, that the general populations are viewed as a threat ? That the governments are repressive regimes that fear their populations? You don't deny that the reason we are based here is for the oil? You don't deny that Iraq is a failure, and that we are setting A'stan up for the same?

Start your own thread about this bullshit unless you're going to come out in support of McKaching for Congress because of her suit against the DoD.

You are fucking clueless and uneducated about this topic.

Been coming to SWA since 1981, I'll give this a 2, how many remember when a female LT was in town with her SMSgt in Daharan, a old man came up and stabbed her, she lived but the Saudi police did not arrest the old man. Why? Because she was with a man who was not her husband nor brother or father which in accordance with Sharia it is totally acceptable. Don't know if she was wearing a abaya. Had a female troop feminist who insisted that she be allowed to drive in downtown Riyahd who got pulled over by a Suadi cop and created a incident.

Simple solution. Stay on the fucking base. There was nothing worthwhile in that shit hole Daharan anyway. The threat was high enough if you stayed in the Khobar Towers anyway, no need to make it worse. The troops are in place to to accomplish a mission, not flit about the countryside sight seeing.

If you are saying that Iraq is a failure, what is your reason for doing so? And if it is a failure (as you suggest), then by what metrics would Iraq need to achieve for it to be labeled a 'success'?

Don't feed the fucking troll unless he starts his own thread. This one needs to stay alive and focused for now.

Where's that dislike button?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you are saying that Iraq is a failure, what is your reason for doing so? And if it is a failure (as you suggest), then by what metrics would Iraq need to achieve for it to be labeled a 'success'?

Iraq is on the verge of becoming a failed state/falling into civil war. It does not have a stable governing structure and the prospects of it having one are slim. We imposed a government on a people without resolving the structural problems. Remember, it was a one party state under a strong leader who kept the factions under control with an iron fist. Once Saddam was removed, there was nothing to prevent the in-fighting that had started and continues to this day.

Remember, we stayed in Germany and Japan for decades before we allowed them total self-governence. And we did not have insurgencies to fight either. We did not "fix" Iraq. Iran is exploiting the Sunni-Shia divide and it will blow up in our faces. Iraq is not safe for Americans (not that is was) now that the Army has left.

Start your own thread about this bullshit unless you're going to come out in support of McKaching for Congress because of her suit against the DoD.

You are ######ing clueless and uneducated about this topic.

Simple solution. Stay on the ######ing base. There was nothing worthwhile in that shit hole Daharan anyway. The threat was high enough if you stayed in the Khobar Towers anyway, no need to make it worse. The troops are in place to to accomplish a mission, not flit about the countryside sight seeing.

Don't feed the ######ing troll unless he starts his own thread. This one needs to stay alive and focused for now.

Then why don't you educate the great unwashed, since I obviously don't have the benefit of your superior intellect and access to information?

As for the originall topic, my apologies for getting off topic. I was reponding to a post and gave my opinion, do I have your permission for that?

Iraq is on the verge of becoming a failed state/falling into civil war. It does not have a stable governing structure and the prospects of it having one are slim. We imposed a government on a people without resolving the structural problems. Remember, it was a one party state under a strong leader who kept the factions under control with an iron fist. Once Saddam was removed, there was nothing to prevent the in-fighting that had started and continues to this day.

Remember, we stayed in Germany and Japan for decades before we allowed them total self-governence. And we did not have insurgencies to fight either. We did not "fix" Iraq. Iran is exploiting the Sunni-Shia divide and it will blow up in our faces. Iraq is not safe for Americans (not that is was) now that the Army has left.

Then why don't you educate the great unwashed, since I obviously don't have the benefit of your superior intellect and access to information?

As for the originall topic, my apologies for getting off topic. I was reponding to a post and gave my opinion, do I have your permission for that?

Go. Away.