AFRC Force structure changes...

Here is some info after following the latest in the ANG's significant argument to counter SOME of the AD's FY13 PB. There will be more debates between the AD and ANG, but at least this is a start. Appears to be just as exciting as HGTV's "House Hunters".

I have attached the Q&A from the 21Mar Senate Armed Services Committee Hearing.

A link to the ANG counter proposal: http://whotv.com/201...budget-options/

Enjoy

FY13QA.pdf

• 1 month later...

The committee adopted language that would establish a National Commission on the Structure of the Air Force. The committee was unhappy with the lack of analysis and justification for the Air Force’s proposals letting force structure reductions fall more heavily on the Air National Guard.

The Commission would consist of eight members, four appointed by the President (one of whom would be the Chairman of the Reserve Forces Policy Board) and four appointed by leadership of the Committees on Armed Services of the Senate and the House of Representatives.

The Commission would be required to report to the Congress by March 31, 2013, in time to inform congressional action on the fiscal year 2014 budget request.

http://armed-services.senate.gov/press/SASC.NDAA.052412.pdf

The committee was unhappy with the lack of analysis and justification for the Air Force’s proposals letting force structure reductions fall more heavily on the Air National Guard.

It was political pure and simple. Not a word about the effect of the original Pentagon plan on the defense of our nation.

Watch the CSPAN video, the wink wink nudge nudge was overt.

Extends until December 31, 2018, the authority to convene selection boards to consider the discharge of regular officers below the grade of lieutenant colonel or commander who have served on active duty for at least 1 year in their current grade, are not on a promotion list, and are not eligible for retirement

The committee adopted language that would establish a National Commission on the Structure of the Air Force. The committee was unhappy with the lack of analysis and justification for the Air Force’s proposals letting force structure reductions fall more heavily on the Air National Guard.

The Commission would consist of eight members, four appointed by the President (one of whom would be the Chairman of the Reserve Forces Policy Board) and four appointed by leadership of the Committees on Armed Services of the Senate and the House of Representatives.

The Commission would be required to report to the Congress by March 31, 2013, in time to inform congressional action on the fiscal year 2014 budget request.

http://armed-services.senate.gov/press/SASC.NDAA.052412.pdf

• 1 month later...

Any more words yet on the ANG/USAFR units getting cut? Heard from some ANG bubbas that the cuts were a proposal and none have been approved yet and they are keeping their original jets.

Just wondering b/c this will have a direct affect on my potential future...

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently the 47th FS at Barksdale gets to keep their A-10s for at least another year.

http://www.ksla.com/...sighs-of-relief

A recently disclosed letter sent by U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to lawmakers announced that those A-10s, assigned to the 47th Fighter Squadron of the 917th Fighter group at Barksdale would survive the budget ax through the 2013 fiscal year.

And with the A-10's Gatlin Gun able to fire 4-thousand, 30-millimeter rounds a minute some predict this famous 'tank killer' will survive long after next year as well.

Say again?

• 10 years later...
6 hours ago, Dapper Dan Man said:

Thread revival:

Youngstown ARS fragged to convert to C-130Js, pending environmental impact study. Final decision sometime in Summer 2023.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2022/12/23/ohio-reserve-base-tapped-as-likely-new-home-of-c-130j-cargo-planes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if the Js would be modified for the aerial spray mission.

Love how they did this......never bothered to evaluate the spray system/parameters required before "converting" to the J.  Well, they'll just figure it out after the fact I guess....  way to go AFRC.  Hoping this gets shit canned

On 12/28/2022 at 6:02 PM, slc said:

Love how they did this......never bothered to evaluate the spray system/parameters required before "converting" to the J.  Well, they'll just figure it out after the fact I guess....  way to go AFRC.  Hoping this gets shit canned

This shouldn't really come as a surprise to you.  In the same state, Mansfield Guard went from C-130s to slated for closure by BRAC.  Then they were told they weren't close and may be flying C-21s (I think).  Instead, they actually received and flew C-27s, for like 10 seconds.  Then they got C-130s back (but I think they were older models than they had before) for a while.  They recently lost their C-130s and stood up a Cyber Wing.  At this rate, they'll be a fighter squadron in a few years...