Marines Urinating on Dead Taliban

breakaway

Don't give a damn if the Marines were pissing on corpses who when they were breathing would do the same on them if they had a better day. Now what I have a problem with is putting it on the web so the people who ordered those Marines to be put in that situation but never had the guts to do it themselves to sit in judgement of them. So the Marine who filmed it and stuck it on You tube, your an asshole with with a questionable thought process. The American public has no idea what it takes to survive over here and they dont need to know.

Don't give a damn if the Marines were pissing on corpses who when they were breathing would do the same on them if they had a better day. Now what I have a problem with is putting it on the web so the people who ordered those Marines to be put in that situation but never had the guts to do it themselves to sit in judgement of them. So the Marine who filmed it and stuck it on You tube, your an asshole with with a questionable thought process. The American public has no idea what it takes to survive over here and they dont need to know.

So you're saying stooping to the Taliban's level is OK now. Got it.

Given that there have been a number of incidents discussed on here recently that pertain to filmed events, Rainman's advice, "Never talk to the media", should be supplemented with, "Don't film it".

I don't know what it's like to be in combat, so I can't criticise the actions of those who are/do. But I can say that I can't believe that anyone would be stupid enough to put this online.

• Upvote 2

I couldn't agree more that the guys on the sideline bear no right to feel deserved of the power to pass judgement on the actions of the guy getting shot at. That said, in a day and age when technology is so advanced and information can be taken and uploaded for the public world to see in mere seconds, we gotta be more careful of the shit we do...ESPECIALLY with the uniform on. The repercussions of these actions will reverberate throughout America's current foreign policy with its reputation and credibility that much more smeared.

Very poor pun management.

Noted.

A very literal example of Fight Club rules.

Dumbass for filming it; never mind posting it.

No, I am not outraged by the act. It is human nature to objectify the enemy, to show contempt, etc. And to have to face that same enemy tomorrow? Yeah, I get where the Marines are coming from.

But don't f'in' film it.

Let me just grab my popcorn before the start of the show here...

Damn, you bet me to this.

If I would have been there and the assholes were going up in flames the caption would have been "USAF guy not doing anything to put out burning Taliban"

Here's a gentle quote from one of my Vietnam Hunter-Killer unit's Scout Pilots regarding the issue:

"I think that it is horrible that those Marines pissed on those dead towelheads. They should have shit in their mouths while they were still alive"

The VN generation is still slightly detached from the "politically correctness BS".

We were lucky that the photo technology was limited in those days!

CM Alan West still gets it and isn't afraid of the PC police.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/allen-west-marines-incident-shut-your-mouth-war-hell_616699.html

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

• Upvote 3

I personally can never picture myself pissing on a dead human being. That being said, I have never been through what those marines have been through and probably never will. Who am I to judge the men on the ground fighting the war. It is too bad these images had to come home with them. It distracts from what they sacrificed for and what the fallen have made the ultimate sacrifice for.

Edited by one

That being said, I have never been through what those marines have been through and probably never will. Who am I to judge the men on the ground fighting the war.

I'll judge them. What they did was wrong, stupid, and a disgrace to the Marine Corps and America. Their actions have strategic consequences and they made the war that much harder to win for the rest of the coalition forces in Afghanistan.

It is not right but it is nothing new. This is a good article. http://hosted2.ap.org/txdam/54828a5e8d9d48b7ba8b94ba38a9ef22/Article_2012-01-13-Desecrating%20Corpses/id-e317a866bc3b4648bfc113e0f19ae770

People that are put in those situations get messed up in the head sometimes. I am more worried about those Marines than the dead, pissed on Taliban.

Spoken like a goddamn FOB rat.

What these morons did was not only a war crime, but handed over the most golden piece of anti-American propaganda since Abu G. I'm sitting about 200 yards from the front line, and get to deal with it hourly. These four morons not only made all our lives harder, but have put my guys at greater risk. These assholes should be made to come back and clean up their own mess...

• Upvote 2

Bingo. We're better than the Taliban and AQ assholes who desecrate bodies. We're engaged in a war of perception whether you like it or not. Whether you agree with the act or not, you can't argue that this doesn't set us back tremendously.

If you want to be an inhumane barbarian, go join a mercenary army in Africa. The rest of us in the professional military would like to eventually stop deploying to Afghanistan because our COIN efforts were successful.

• Upvote 2

Bingo. We're better than the Taliban and AQ assholes who desecrate bodies. We're engaged in a war of perception whether you like it or not. Whether you agree with the act or not, you can't argue that this doesn't set us back tremendously.

If you want to be an inhumane barbarian, go join a mercenary army in Africa. The rest of us in the professional military would like to eventually stop deploying to Afghanistan because our COIN efforts were successful.

Finally we get to the crux of the matter. We need barbarians with a disposition to take orders (versus barbarians without said disposition, of which we have plenty more in jails across this land), to effect this job. Warrior monks are a fallacy. They can't all be Jason Bournes in the file and rank, that takes money this Country is not willing to spend. It's an oportunity cost like everything else. We have a checkered record of re-adjusting our killing utensils to civilian life, so this is not a discovery at all. I'm not sayin' they should have done it, but I completely understand the dynamics that foster said displays and Im not willing to reproach them without acknowledging the former. I live in a mindset where one owns up to one's opportunity costs.

I'm sitting about 200 yards from the front line, and get to deal with it hourly. These four morons not only made all our lives harder, but have put my guys at greater risk. These assholes should be made to come back and clean up their own mess...

So you're saying now that this happened the enemy 200 meters out will now suddenly have the balls to do something they didn't have the motivation to do on their own?

I didn't know there was a "front line" is over there but if you are 200 yards from it you are definitely in range of even a shitty shot. Your were at risk before this happened. 200 meters is fucking close. I'm hoping the level of vigilance among your men was high enough before this happened that this event would not cause you to have to change a thing.

I honestly don't think the Taliban give a piss about this. This is nothing to them and it is nothing compared to many things that have happened over there in the past 10 years that has never made the internet.

If this matters at all I think it is the impression it makes on everyone outside the AOR, friendly/enemy/neutral, that matters most.

The Marines fucked up but I don't judge them. They weren't killing innocent civilians or raping kids in a village (which is something the Taliban do every fucking day to their own people).

War is ugly. Killing is ugly. What we are doing over there is ugly as hell. No amount of "professionalism" makes it pretty.

Let's kill the the folks who need to be dead and get the fuck out of there.

Oddly, I don't see much protesting and hair pulling in Muslim countries yet. It also does not seem as though the story is well carried in other places around the globe. Has their god been insulted enough for a good protest?