5 minutes ago, CaliBulldogVet said:

Jon,

Looking forward to a nice smooth transition, no doubt! Glad we found someone as helpful, kind, and professional as yourself! Thanks again for the assistance - it's difficult since we're in NorCal- makes it a challenge for sure - but well worth the effort! Sunshine state here we come! 😉

v/r,

Steve

Thanks for the kind words and happy to help get you over here to FL!

5 minutes ago, Royal said:

Any intel on why jumbo loans are lower than conventionals at the moment?

VA regardless if they are high balance (over 647,200) or conforming are always going to beat conventionals or jumbos.  If you’re comparing non-VA the government recently added a fee to high balance conventionals which in many cases pushed them higher than privately invested jumbos which the government doesn’t control.  Best big loans will always be VA and the fee doesn’t apply to VA either.  Article below.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/fhfa-high-balance-loans-expensive

• Like 1

Looking at a VA loan atm. 

Lender #1 says I'll have to put down 25% of the difference between loan amount & conforming limit.

Lender #2 says they'll do it w/out that 25%.  

Lender #1 says she checked w/a couple other seasoned loan officers & can't understand how lender #2 can structure such a loan.

So which is it?  Does the VA mandate that 25% or is it possible for a lender to go zero down above conforming limit?

41 minutes ago, Herkdrvr said:

Looking at a VA loan atm. 

Lender #1 says I'll have to put down 25% of the difference between loan amount & conforming limit.

Lender #2 says they'll do it w/out that 25%.  

Lender #1 says she checked w/a couple other seasoned loan officers & can't understand how lender #2 can structure such a loan.

So which is it?  Does the VA mandate that 25% or is it possible for a lender to go zero down above conforming limit?

If you have full entitlement available then you can definitely go zero down.  Sounds like you need to talk to a loan officer who has been doing 350+ VAs a year for the last 2yrs so it gets done right.  Lender 1 would only be right if you didn’t have full entitlement.  Call or email me if you want an experienced professional’s help.  Happy to chat through it more.

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

2 hours ago, Jon - Trident Home Loans said:

Call or email me if you want an experienced professional’s help.  Happy to chat through it more.

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

Thanks Jon!  I have your contact info & will be in touch soon. 

7 minutes ago, Herkdrvr said:

Thanks Jon!  I have your contact info & will be in touch soon. 

Sounds great!  Looking forward to the chat!  Even if you use one of the other lenders I’m always happy to offer advice to anyone so things get done correctly.  We care more about the relationship vs the transaction.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...

Thread update:

I ditched my other potential lenders and went w/Jon @ Trident.  

I can't say enough good things about Jon & his team.  I particularly appreciated his willingness to answer questions candidly, his responsiveness & that of his colleagues, and his overall approach which combines not only the best value for $$ but integrity to boot. I encourage anyone looking for a home loan to give Jon a call; I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

40 minutes ago, Herkdrvr said:

Thread update:

I can't say enough good things about Jon & his team.  I particularly appreciated his willingness to answer questions candidly, his responsiveness & that of his colleagues, and his overall approach which combines not only the best value for $$ but integrity to boot. I encourage anyone looking for a home loan to give Jon a call; I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

glad to hear. out of curiosity, why didn't you reach out initially? he (Trident) has like 69+ glowing reviews in this thread alone.

1 hour ago, Herkdrvr said:

Thread update:

Thanks for the kind words!  Glad you shopped around first and discovered it on your own.  Makes for a better review😂  Thanks for putting your trust in me and my team!

Jon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon - Trident Home Loans said:

Thanks for the kind words!  Glad you shopped around first and discovered it on your own.  Makes for a better review😂  Thanks for putting your trust in me and my team!

Jon

Jon,

Good afternoon! It just goes to show you and your team are top notch and know your business very well which makes for a positive outcome for all parties involved! Congratulations on another happy customer 😉

w/r,

Steve

2 hours ago, Herkdrvr said:

Thread update:

Herkdrvr,

Hey outstanding news and glad Jon was able to guide you through the process and provide you with a positive outcome! I'm very glad to have him assist myself with a new home purchase, I have the same sentiments - just a very squared away team!

w/r,

Steve

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CaliBulldogVet said:

Herkdrvr,

Hey outstanding news and glad Jon was able to guide you through the process and provide you with a positive outcome! I'm very glad to have him assist myself with a new home purchase, I have the same sentiments - just a very squared away team!

w/r,

Steve

Thanks Steve!  We just treat everyone like we’d want to be treated, bring our expertise (our owner Marty was the #1 VA loan officer for volume and I was #8 in the country), and give our great rates/no fees to the best clients in the country.  Pretty easy business model!

Jon

18 hours ago, Day Man said:

glad to hear. out of curiosity, why didn't you reach out initially? he (Trident) has like 69+ glowing reviews in this thread alone.

Day Man,

I should have!

Instead, I initially defaulted to my credit union who gave us our first home loan over a decade ago. It wasn't until I started receiving suspect loan requirements that I recalled this thread & posted a question.

As a result, my first interaction w/Jon was via this forum & even though he (at the time) didn't have my business, he answered my question & even offered to cover the topic offline.

I took him up on his offer & after 2 mins on the phone I knew I was switching.

Cheers,

Herk 🍻

• Like 1

Since this thread is on top, I’ll throw my usual plug. We’re under contract on a new home. Using Trident as our lender for the 3rd new home (+ a refi on an investment house) in the last 4 years. Rates can’t be beat, and the people are even better. 

28 minutes ago, Standby said:

Since this thread is on top, I’ll throw my usual plug. We’re under contract on a new home. Using Trident as our lender for the 3rd new home (+ a refi on an investment house) in the last 4 years. Rates can’t be beat, and the people are even better. 

I concur with the aforementioned statement! Currently working with Trident now and couldn't be more pleased! If you want the A-Team Trident is that and then some! 

Seems like NBOKC is the go to lender here on this page.  As a veteran myself, I'm extremely happy you have all been satisfied with their services, rates, and, process. That is so great.

I would encourage you all, however, to shop around. Ask the MLO what their brokers commission is.  If it's 2% or higher, there are better options out there. (2% is the industry standard for most brokers), hidden in the rate they provide you.

If the broker charges less than 2%, that savings is actually passed on to the borrower...guess what, my broker charges less than 2% which makes are rates lower than nearly every company in CA.

We are a small and lean company, making us a leader in this industry.  In fact, Citizens Financial is only 1 of 10 mortgage brokerages in CA to be able to partner with CIT (recently bought by First Citizens Bank). CIT is aiming to lend to minority groups, lower income families, and areas that have traditionally been denied mortgage opportunities.

That partnership allows us to provide 100% financing with $25,000 of down payment assistance.  Call it a gift from the lender. AMAZING!!  UNHEARD-OF!!

Other than that, we have partnerships with nearly 20 lenders. All have their own niche. A-papwr loans, low credit scores, as low as 500, HELOCS, HELOANS, FHA, VA conventional, reverse mortgages).  You name it, we can do it for you

If you keep getting "no, I'm sorry" then you should call, text or email me.

925-335-6485 or jesse@citizensfinancial.co

Seems like NBOKC is the go to lender here on this page.  As a veteran myself, I'm extremely happy you have all been satisfied with their services, rates, and, process. That is so great.
I would encourage you all, however, to shop around. Ask the MLO what their brokers commission is.  If it's 2% or higher, there are better options out there. (2% is the industry standard for most brokers), hidden in the rate they provide you.
If the broker charges less than 2%, that savings is actually passed on to the borrower...guess what, my broker charges less than 2% which makes are rates lower than nearly every company in CA.
We are a small and lean company, making us a leader in this industry.  In fact, Citizens Financial is only 1 of 10 mortgage brokerages in CA to be able to partner with CIT (recently bought by First Citizens Bank). CIT is aiming to lend to minority groups, lower income families, and areas that have traditionally been denied mortgage opportunities.
That partnership allows us to provide 100% financing with $25,000 of down payment assistance.  Call it a gift from the lender. AMAZING!!  UNHEARD-OF!!
Other than that, we have partnerships with nearly 20 lenders. All have their own niche. A-papwr loans, low credit scores, as low as 500, HELOCS, HELOANS, FHA, VA conventional, reverse mortgages).  You name it, we can do it for you

Beat NBKC or Trident and you’ll get customers. I doubt you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, jesse_citizens said:

This isn’t exactly the low credit score, lower income, denied previous mortgages crowd. 

read the room dumbass. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Beat NBKC or Trident and you’ll get customers. I doubt you can.

22 minutes ago, nunya said:

Didn’t read the whole thread, huh?  Just a page or two then jumped right to the advertising?

10 minutes ago, HossHarris said:

This isn’t exactly the low credit score, lower income, denied previous mortgages crowd. 

read the room dumbass. 

This isn't the low income crowd. I know that. Most of you are all officer type aviators. I worked with thousands of you during my 21 years on active duty. I was Loadmaster all 21 years. Trust me, I know who I'm talking to.

But, military members do come from all walks of life (low income, for example)  like myself.  It's possible that many of you know people that are still in that situation, or, worst yet, have a low income score yourself, and therefore, don't qualify for a VA loan bc the lender has their own overlays.

Advertising? Sure yes. But once you realize you advertise everyday, who you are, what you you represent, you'll understand your personal reputation is advertising, no different than what I just did.

I'm literally out to help veterans and their families and I want to do that through finances, mortgages, and getting people out of the renting cycle into homeownership. How is that wrong?

As far as rates go, I know we have great rates. If Any bank can beat us, then go with them, if not, why be loyal to a company or individual if that will cost YOUR family money, especially since you'll never, ever meet them.

All I'm saying is, shop around. I'm only giving you quality advice to you younger military members.  I wish I had people to do the same for me when I was in my 20s.

This isn't the low income crowd. I know that. Most of you are all officer type aviators. I worked with thousands of you during my 21 years on active duty. I was Loadmaster all 21 years. Trust me, I know who I'm talking to.
But, military members do come from all walks of life (low income, for example)  like myself.  It's possible that many of you know people that are still in that situation, or, worst yet, have a low income score yourself, and therefore, don't qualify for a VA loan bc the lender has their own overlays.
Advertising? Sure yes. But once you realize you advertise everyday, who you are, what you you represent, you'll understand your personal reputation is advertising, no different than what I just did.
I'm literally out to help veterans and their families and I want to do that through finances, mortgages, and getting people out of the renting cycle into homeownership. How is that wrong?
As far as rates go, I know we have great rates. If Any bank can beat us, then go with them, if not, why be loyal to a company or individual if that will cost YOUR family money, especially since you'll never, ever meet them.
All I'm saying is, shop around. I'm only giving you quality advice to you younger military members.  I wish I had people to do the same for me when I was in my 20s.

Okay, I’ll shop around, but can you beat Trident?