7 minutes ago, Badger_Flyboy said:

Another shoutout to Jon @ Trident. He got us a 2.25% 30yr loan with lender credit at closing in southern Georgia. He made the process super easy, and was always responsive when I had a question.

I'd recommend Jon to anyone. Thanks brother!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks man and congratulations!  Love helping and getting those great deals out!  Perfect timing on your part.

Had a little rate bump last Thur after the Federal Reserves announcement but everything is settling down so hopefully lots more good deals to come for those PCSing this winter or wanting to refi.  Still seeing us killing the competition so even if the overall market moves higher we will be in a great position to help.

Jon

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, MT near said:

Any updates on a jumbo loan in MD? Still house shopping.

Assuming its a VA loan then it'd just be a normal VA High Balance loan.  VA doesn't have the jumbo rate penalty like conventionals.  High balance loans rates are typically only .125-.25% higher than a conforming loan (loans below 548,250).  For 2021 the conforming transition point is going up to 625K.  We've already gone up to the new limit for conventionals but VA likely wont start until the VA announces it in Dec.  My assistant Lisa has our MD license so she'd be the one to do the loan for you.  You're welcome to reach out to her at 781-710-9675 or at lisa@mythl.com to work a preapproval/talk rates.

Cheers!

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

• 1 month later...

Good news before 2022 PCS season…Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac raised the normal lending threshold today on conventional loans by almost 99k to $647,200.  There are higher limits for expensive counties like those in the DC area.  This mean you can borrower more at lower rates without needing a jumbo loan.

The VA will certify these new limits soon too which means you can borrow more before it becomes a high balance VA loan which keeps your rate lower.  It also helps people looking to get a second VA while keeping one they have on another property because VA entitlement is calculated off these numbers too.  Basically you’re getting another 99K of VA insurance.  No change to entitlement if your entitlement is fully available…you can still go zero down without a loan limit assuming you qualify debt to income ratio wise.

Let me know if we can do anything for you or if there are any questions I can answer.

Happy Holidays!

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

On 11/30/2021 at 6:26 PM, Jon - Trident Home Loans said:

Good news before 2022 PCS season…Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac raised the normal lending threshold today on conventional loans by almost 99k to $647,200.  There are higher limits for expensive counties like those in the DC area.  This mean you can borrower more at lower rates without needing a jumbo loan.

The VA will certify these new limits soon too which means you can borrow more before it becomes a high balance VA loan which keeps your rate lower.  It also helps people looking to get a second VA while keeping one they have on another property because VA entitlement is calculated off these numbers too.  Basically you’re getting another 99K of VA insurance.  No change to entitlement if your entitlement is fully available…you can still go zero down without a loan limit assuming you qualify debt to income ratio wise.

Let me know if we can do anything for you or if there are any questions I can answer.

Happy Holidays!

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

We can now lock VAs using the new high balance limit of $647,200!

Jon

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself here.

My name is Jesse Richardson, and I’m a licensed realtor in CA, but I have my mortgage loan originators endorsement and focus on mortgages with Citizens Financial.  We are a small mortgage broker company located right next to Travis AFB.  Currently we are licensed in CA, but are growing the business to be licensed in TX, OR, ID, FL, UT, and CO!

I’m about to be a retired C-17, C-130, C-27 Loadmaster.  I’ve been stationed at Travis AFB for the past five years and love the area.  It’s great out here!  I spent the last 5 years in the Contingency Response Wing and has been a great experience.

Real estate has been a passion of mine for years.  I personally own 9 properties, 8 of them being rentals, so I’m an investor myself.  I started buying as an E-4 and have been buying ever since.

I decided to get into this industry because I will be able to help others purchase homes for themselves as primary residences or for investments too.  It’s great to be able to have the licensing to help people, especially veterans with building their wealth and equity in their homes through mortgage lending.

Give me a call!

Jesse

Citizens Financial

406 Main St. Suite E

Vacaville, CA 95688

Office: 707-800-6047

Direct: 925-335-6485

Fax: 888.552.3601

jesse@citizensfinancial.co

www.citizensfinancial.co

Schedule a Meeting: https://calendly.com/jesse_citizensfinancial/30min

Apply: https://www.blink.mortgage/app/signup/p/citizensfinancial/gregoryritchie

COMPANY NMLS#1401042 | COMPANY CALBRE #01746163 | NMLS# 2221949 |CALBRE # 02157788

Professional picture head shot.jpg

CF Transparent Color Logo.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Isshinwhat,

Where are you located? What's your credit score? what type of loan do you want (VA, FHA, conventional?)

I assumed Okaloosa county, VA with 1st use of VA loan, $400k loan amount, 720 credit score, and selected our par rate (no points to buy down the interest rate). We have 2.377% interest with lender paid closing costs.  It's 2.125% interest rate if you pay your own closing costs, but that usually means quite a bit more out of pocket expenses and typically isn't worth it.

We work with a lot of veterans in CA, which is where we are located and licensed.

vr,

Jesse

925-335-6485

9 hours ago, MT near said:

Highly recommend Trident as well. Had a very good experience. They helped me navigate a complex Maryland real estate system with ease. Thanks again!

Congratulations and thank you for trusting us!  Purchases are definitely much more complicated than refinances so experience makes all the difference.  Glad we could make it as painless as possible.  Let me know if you ever need anything.

Cheers!
Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

• 1 month later...

I'd like to give another shout out to Jon and the team at Trident.  He got me a 2.25% lock outside of 60 days on a VA non-jumbo with only 5% down; the loan application and closing process was seamless, even with a remote signing and POA involved.  Would highly recommend Trident to anyone in the market for a mortgage.  

14 minutes ago, DirkDiggler said:

I'd like to give another shout out to Jon and the team at Trident.  He got me a 2.25% lock outside of 60 days on a VA non-jumbo with only 5% down; the loan application and closing process was seamless, even with a remote signing and POA involved.  Would highly recommend Trident to anyone in the market for a mortgage.  

8 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

Also another shoutout for Jon and Trident. Similar results about a month ago for a 2.25% and 5% down.

Thanks guys!  We always do our best to get everyone the best rates and service we can based on whatever Wall Street is up to.  You guys were lucky to get in before the rate rise but we’re still for the most part .5% lower than all the big name lenders out there.  Rates are back to the low 3s on VAs which is where they were preCovid.  Overall still great in the big picture and we’re still not charging any lender fees.

Hit me up anytime if you want to discuss a scenario.  No pressure ever from me.  850-972-9938 or jk@mythl.com

Cheers!

Jon

Greetings, thought I'd reach out to the hive mind for suggestions for my situation. I closed on a Refi back in Dec/2020 (great experience with Jon/Lisa Trident) on a VA loan and got 2.25 for 30 years with rocket mortgage. I waived my escrow account in favor of paying on my own with no issues. Fast forward to Oct/2021 and my mortgage was sold to Lakeview with the loan being serviced by Flagstar Bank. The customer service with Flagstar has been terrible and from an emotional standpoint HATE dealing with them. I just got a notice stating that they're reinstating my escrow account and that I'm unable to waive that since it's a VA loan. Given some customer service issues I've had with Flagstar I filed a claim with the BBB. I had no escrow with Rocket Mortgage when the loan was sold back in 10/2021 and the recent notice to was due to an escrow analysis flagstar just recently completed.

The research I've done says that I'm stuck with Lakeview/Flagstar combination unless I pay off my mortgage or Refinance which seems like a bad idea with rates back on the rise. I was under impression if my mortgage was sold that the terms couldn't be changed but it's not clear to me if an escrow qualifies as a term or not. My google research leads me to believe I'm somewhat stuck. So I'm looking for any and all suggestions or ammo that can be used before I raise hell/call to deal with them. I can go into more detain about my customer service issues privately if need be. Great credit history/score with no late payments on record and credit score in excellent range. I owe 15x,### with house estimated to be worth 300K plus as I've recently renovated the kitchen and master bed/bath. Located in Indiana if that also matters. Thanks for reading and for your time.

1 hour ago, Unit#8192 said:

Greetings, thought I'd reach out to the hive mind for suggestions for my situation. I closed on a Refi back in Dec/2020 (great experience with Jon/Lisa Trident) on a VA loan and got 2.25 for 30 years with rocket mortgage. I waived my escrow account in favor of paying on my own with no issues.

I just got a notice stating that they're reinstating my escrow account and that I'm unable to waive that since it's a VA loan.

Thanks for reading and for your time.

Thanks for the nice words about us but sorry for the drama!  I’ve never heard of a loan being transferred later in the process and the escrow terms being changed.  You signed an escrow waiver acknowledgment at closing and the VA does allow escrow waivers.  I closed 486 loans in 2020 and 458 in 2021 with 85% being VA and this is the first I’ve heard of this.

While we can’t fix the problem I can point you to the VA reference which is page 9-25 of the VA lender handbook

https://www.benefits.va.gov/WARMS/docs/admin26/m26-07/Chapter_9_Legal_Instruments_Liens_Escrows_and_Related_Issues.pdf

I’d definitely continue to fight the good fight.  My house is a VA and has an escrow waiver and I do a ton of escrow waivers.  There are some investors/servicers that won’t allow us to originate/transfer to them a loan with a waiver but to my knowledge once it’s done it’s done.  Definitely keep me posted as I’d like to know the outcome.  My number is (850) 972-9938 or jk@mythl.com

Sorry for the pain!

Jon

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Unit#8192 said:

Thanks for the information Jon I appreciate it this is helpful!

Happy to help however I can!  I’m not the best pilot but I’ve done it long enough to know a couple things.  Same with mortgages.  Keep me posted.

Jon

Edited by Jon - Trident Home Loans

Jon, noticed you guys were not just "military friendly", but also veterans yourselves, thank you for your service.

A little back story on my current situation: I'm 42, a disabled Navy combat vet with 100% P&T (3,500.00/month) & SSDI (1,200.00/month)- since 2011/2013. My wife is my caregiver for 7 years paid through the VA (4,900.00/month non-tax). If we use the .25 % multiplier it would be upped to 12,000.00.

Combined Income non-tax (9,600.00), we're currently renting in Northern California - (2700.00/month) in rent with one car payment (863.00/month) and my LOC credit limit: 4,000.00 for 5 years at (170.00/month) had it since (Dec/2021). I have a target credit card, capitol one credit card, and a wells fargo credit card in addition to the line of credit (4,000) mentioned above. My auto loan from Oct/2020 - 60k - paid down now currently at 45k.  

That is all we have for debt.

All our credit card debt is 0 as of current but my line of credit - which we plan to have paid down to 8% utilization (AZEO method) for the biggest boost in credit score.

MY credit scores: EX: 718 EQ: 728 TU: 705

Wife's scores: EX: 705 EQ: 710 TU: 700

She is on the car loan - as well as, she has a credit card through wells fargo and capitol one; along with a retail account (care credit- for my service dog). All accounts are 0 balance but one at 8% utilization just like myself above.

We don't have any other debt obligations other than the above stated.

I requested my COE through ebenefits portal last week - still waiting on it to be issued. I have the FULL entitlement as we haven't used it before. Exempt from funding fee and 0 down as I take it. We don't have a lot in savings as of current - but will have 5k - 10k through closing. Thus, we used every penny to pay off debt and solidify our credit score! 

We don't have any negative information on our credit file no liens, judgements, bankruptcies, etc.- exceptional payment history for both of us.

Moreover, our credit is fairly strong/no debt/ strong income(debt to income is 8.6%)/ small savings - we hope to raise our scores above 720+ by May 1st. This is when we plan to actually have a hard credit pull to start the pre-approval process on or about May 1st - we are ready!!

Budget: 400k - 550K looking to buy in Southern Florida - Naples, Ft. Myers, or Cape Coral - in this order - would love to be in Naples - my dream choice! I would be exempt from property taxes, PMI, etc. 

What kind of rates would we be looking at based off the above picture? Sorry for the long winded message..... thank you again for your time and your service.

Look forward to hearing back from you, regards, Steve.

On 2/16/2022 at 5:25 PM, Jon - Trident Home Loans said:

Happy to help however I can!  I’m not the best pilot but I’ve done it long enough to know a couple things.  Same with mortgages.  Keep me posted.

Jon

I second this, glad I found this forum and all the great reviews of Trident - more specifically, Jon!

I'm looking forward to working with yourself and Trident!

v/r,

Steve

15 minutes ago, CaliBulldogVet said:

I second this, glad I found this forum and all the great reviews of Trident - more specifically, Jon!

I'm looking forward to working with yourself and Trident!

v/r,

Steve

Thanks Steve!  Looking forward to helping you move to FL!  I don't know any agents down there personally but I'll ask around in my circles.

Cheers!
Jon

23 minutes ago, Jon - Trident Home Loans said:

Thanks Steve!  Looking forward to helping you move to FL!  I don't know any agents down there personally but I'll ask around in my circles.

Cheers!
Jon

Jon,

Looking forward to a nice smooth transition, no doubt! Glad we found someone as helpful, kind, and professional as yourself! Thanks again for the assistance - it's difficult since we're in NorCal- makes it a challenge for sure - but well worth the effort! Sunshine state here we come! 😉

v/r,

Steve