55 minutes ago, BeefBears said:

What's the APR on the 2.25% 30 year IRRRL with Trident?  I thought the 0.5% VA funding fee was required unless 100% disabled or some other special circumstance. 

My APR was 2.266% with everything possible rolled in and 10% VA. You don't need 100%.

• Thanks 1

On 12/15/2020 at 4:37 PM, Hopefulflyer389 said:

@Jon - Trident Home Loans

How long do we have to keep a mortgage rate once we apply for a loan? Looking to purchase a house in the Miami area by April 2021. Thanks. 

Not sure I understand the question?  Rates aren’t locked in until you go under contract to buy a house.

On 12/16/2020 at 7:13 AM, BeefBears said:

What's the APR on the 2.25% 30 year IRRRL with Trident?  I thought the 0.5% VA funding fee was required unless 100% disabled or some other special circumstance. 

We don’t charge any fees so any difference in the APR vs rate is the VA funding fee and any settlement fees charged by the title company.  If you’re exempt from the funding fee and you don’t pay a settlement fee with the title company then 2.25% would be 2.25% APR.  APR isn’t a thing in our world really because we don’t charge any fees to our clients

Edited by Jon - Trident Home Loans
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jon - Trident Home Loans said:

Not sure I understand the question?  Rates aren’t locked in until you go under contract to buy a house.

It was a poor question. If I apply for a loan today, how long do I have to use the loan and would I receive an interest rate when I apply or only once I place a house under contract? 

On 12/19/2020 at 1:11 AM, Hopefulflyer389 said:

It was a poor question. If I apply for a loan today, how long do I have to use the loan and would I receive an interest rate when I apply or only once I place a house under contract? 

Interest rate gets locked when you go under contract.  A preapproval is good for 120 days because that's how long a credit report is valid.  The credit report needs to be good through the closing date so if it's going to expire then we just need to refresh it.

On 12/19/2020 at 12:05 PM, disgruntledemployee said:

Hi Jon and/or Amy,

I did a refi this spring at 2.75%.  Now I'm getting flooded with refi mail daily.  Is 2.25% possible and can another refi be done so quickly after the one we did in early April?

BTW, all those mail offers touted 2.25%, but the fine print said up to 2 points payable.

Thanks

We're doing all our 2.25% VA refi's with no points and no lender fees plus a lender credit.  If someone is trying to charge you points or origination fees then you're getting a bad deal.  You can close on a new VA refi 210 days after making your first payment so you're coming into that window.  I'd just have to look at the third party costs, lender credit available, and your loan amount to see if it's worth going down just .5%.  On big loans or if we can do it for free then definitely but on smaller loans or if it's in an expensive refi state like FL then probably not worth it.  Happy to take a look at it for you through.

Jon

Good news...we can now lock based on the new VA limits for 2021 which raised the jumbo transition limit to $548,250.  Our jumbos and non-jumbos are both at 2.25% no points, no lender fees but we're able to give a nice lender credit on the non-jumbos especially in the higher loan amounts.  

Have a great Christmas!
Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

• 5 weeks later...

Kudos again to Jon and Trident

Just finished my 3d refi in as many years; worked my rate down to 2.25 and it cost me 30 minutes of paperwork and zero dollars.  About 3 weeks from starting the process with Jon to closing with the notary at my house.

Call them before rates go back to the old days!

Thanks again Jon

• Upvote 1

Another plug for Jon and Lisa. Finished our signing in Germany using local notary despite the house being in MD.  Closed on our 2.25% rate and saving over $500/month on our payment. Thanks for setting us up and making this a reality!

Yet another success story. Thanks to everyone at Trident. Smooth closing, just like my last 2 with them. I only came down half a point because they did such a great job last spring for me, but it was still worth it. 2.25% with no points and no hassle. I think I paid, literally, $69 at closing and spent about 20 minutes with a notary. Highly recommend. 

On 1/20/2021 at 7:21 AM, charlie141 said:

Just finished my 3d refi in as many years; worked my rate down to 2.25 and it cost me 30 minutes of paperwork and zero dollars.  About 3 weeks from starting the process with Jon to closing with the notary at my house.

On 1/20/2021 at 1:56 PM, war007afa said:

Another plug for Jon and Lisa. Finished our signing in Germany using local notary despite the house being in MD.  Closed on our 2.25% rate and saving over $500/month on our payment. Thanks for setting us up and making this a reality!

On 1/21/2021 at 8:27 AM, nsplayr said:

Yet another success story. Thanks to everyone at Trident. Smooth closing, just like my last 2 with them. I only came down half a point because they did such a great job last spring for me, but it was still worth it. 2.25% with no points and no hassle. I think I paid, literally, $69 at closing and spent about 20 minutes with a notary. Highly recommend. 

Thanks gents!  Sorry for being slow to reply...for some reason notifications aren't coming through but I hop on every few days to check in.  It was a pleasure helping all of you out!  Thanks for spreading the word about Trident!  Looking forward to helping a lot more of you guys this year!  For an immediate response make sure you're calling, texting or emailing me.  We expect rates to stay low for a while but finish the year slightly higher.

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

2 hours ago, Duck said:

Any advice on construction loans? The wife and I just bought 6.5 acres and want to build the forever dream house. Going to need to be a jumbo loan.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Get with a local bank or credit union for an interest only portfolio construction loan.  Once you're about 30-45 days out from the house being done we'll start the permanent VA loan.  It'll be a VA cash out refi so it's capped at 90% loan to value to include the VA funding fee.  Highly recommend getting VA disability first if you don't have it already to avoid the 3.6% funding fee.

Jon

Here's another shout out to Jon and Serena and the rest of the team at Trident - thanks for helping me with my refinance (VA IRRRL), dropping me from 3.99% to 2.25%!  This was all accomplished BVR from Ohio for our Florida home (originally purchased in 2018).  I did have to pay a decent chunk at closing because I did not want to roll the VA funding fee or any closing costs (title fees and required taxes in Florida) into the loan.  But otherwise no points or lender fees from Trident (just a small credit to help out).

Awesome, timely, and military-friendly customer service over the holidays to save us money in the long run.  Highly recommend Trident if you're looking to refinance!

On 2/3/2021 at 12:54 PM, skosh said:

Awesome, timely, and military-friendly customer service over the holidays to save us money in the long run.  Highly recommend Trident if you're looking to refinance!

Thank you so much!  It was a pleasure working with you and glad we could help!  Rates are still great and we're doing a good job balancing demand with capacity so reach out if you think we could be of assistance.

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

App Link

Another kudos to Jon and team at Trident. We just closed on our place and they were awesome as always. When the title company started f’ing things up, Jon and Lisa’s great communication allowed us to get them to fix their shit.  Rate and credit were better than any lender, and they were on top of their game so that when the title company finally got everything lined up, THL was ready to go and we closed on time. I’ve recommended them to all my friends and have used them a couple times all with no issues. Every time I’ve shopped around I’ve never found better than THL. Don’t hesitate to call... you won’t regret it. 

On 2/7/2021 at 11:28 AM, af15eflyguy said:

Another kudos to Jon and team at Trident. We just closed on our place and they were awesome as always.

Every time I’ve shopped around I’ve never found better than THL. Don’t hesitate to call... you won’t regret it. 

Thank you so much and congrats!  We always have everyone’s back!  We don’t work for referrals from realtors, title companies or anyone else who stand to gain from shady deals.  We are 100% for our clients’ interests and I’ll be the first to destroy anyone who cause problems for you.  If I can’t get my will done then Marty will.  Usually it doesn’t come down to that but sometimes we need to flex a little...I don’t know if they heard us counting but we did over 100😉

Jon

Another two thumbs up to Jon, Elena, and the team at Trident... Got me from 3.75% to 2.25% on a rental property (bought with a VA loan, but haven't lived in it for a few years) with a lender credit and only a couple hundred bucks due at close, most of which was title company fees. Saving me about $250 a month on the mortgage payment, and minimal to no flail involved. 12/10, would go back to them again!

On 2/15/2021 at 10:58 AM, Disco_Nav963 said:

Another two thumbs up to Jon, Elena, and the team at Trident.

Thank you!  Happy to be able to do it!  You got in at a perfect time.  These rates won't last forever.  Today was the first day in a while that Wall St started going the other way in the bond market which then negatively impacts mortgage rates.  Nothing crazy and rates are still insanely low but just a reality check that there will be a correction at some point.  

Jon

• 1 month later...

Matt Hering & NBKC -- Still Rocking It!

In 2016 I read a recommendation for Matt Hering & NBKC. We worked with him for VA loan then. Now in 2021, I worked with him on a Conventional loan and he was just as good. I needed a pre-approval on a weekend this past fall. Within an hour of submitting the app, he had the pre-approval done. I can't recommend him enough. Consider giving him a shout. His email is matt.hering@nbkc.com.

• 3 weeks later...

On behalf of Marty and everyone at Trident Home Loans we wanted to say thank you for promoting us around the AF!  We don't spend a dime on advertising and everyone who has done business with us has helped Marty our owner rank as the #1 VA loan officer in the country for 2020 and even got me to #16.  That being said Marty says if you're not first you're last...neither of us even knew they made 16th place ribbons

In all seriousness though we really got our grass roots start on Baseops and it has just spread the old school way.  These rankings just help us help all our clients leverage the best VA loan rates/pricing out of Wall Street and also give us some extra credibility when we call listing agents on your behalf!

Thanks again and know we're always here for you!

Cheers!
Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

Application Link

Rankings Source

Capture.PNG

• Like 7