On 11/8/2018 at 9:06 PM, vfr said:

To be honest, I didn't do much research on other lenders since Trident had received so many positive reviews on this forum and I felt that I'd probably be in good hands going with them.  My expectations were completely validated and I will absolutely go back to Trident whenever we end up buying again.  Although I mainly worked with Jon, Lisa and Bri were also great to work with and I'm sure that would apply to everyone else on the Trident team.  With that being said, Jon also recommended Serena (retired Air Force and forum member) as a realtor and she was amazing.  If you are ever thinking of buying a house in Hurby/Eglin area, you should definitely reach out to Serena.  This was our first time working with a realtor so I have nothing else to compare her by but she far exceeded all of our expectations.  Just like Jon, she worked day and night to ensure that everything went smoothly and gave us great advice throughout the entire process.  Jon, the Trident team, and Serena, we can't thank you guys enough for all of the hard work you put in to make this process go about as smoothly as we could have hoped for.  Thanks for everything!

Thank you!  Bri and Lisa are the real brains behind the operation.  They do a great job handling all the paperwork and smoothing things over with the underwriters.  Serena is a great realtor and her husband is also retired AF/airline pilot so they definitely get the unique military/pilot challenges.  I'd highly recommend Serena to anyone PCSing to Hurby or Eglin.  Hit me up if you want her contact info.  

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

p.s. I wrote another article for Aero Crew News on interest rate myths if anyone is interested (page 26-27)

https://www.aerocrewnews.com/acn/2018/11-ACN-Nov-2018.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

2019 Conforming Loan Limits are now posted and it is a healthy increase.  GNMA (VA) is expected to update their limits to match soon! 

Most areas are increasing from $453,100 to $484,350.  High cost areas went from $679,650 to $726,525!  

This translates to higher non-jumbo loan amount thresholds for conventional borrowers (generally better rate pricing, smaller down payment requirements and kinder qualification parameters with a NON-jumbo/conforming loan) and potential higher limits for 100%/NO money down financing with VA once they follow suit!

Here is a link with more details:

https://www.fanniemae.com/singlefamily/loan-limits

PM me to see how this may impact your financing! 

Most areas are increasing from $453,100 to $484,350.  High cost areas went from $679,650 to $726,525!  

Thanks for sharing Amy! I’m sure the VA will follow suit in the new couple weeks too.

In addition to raising the limit it also gives you more buying power if you need a second VA loan. For example if your first VA loan was for $200K, you will now be able to rent your first property out and get a second VA loan on a new property for up to $284,350 with zero down.

Same situation but you’re buying in a high rent district and the county limit is 726k you can get a second use VA for up to 526k with zero down.

If the house costs more than the entitlement you have left then you just need to put down 25% of the difference between the purchase price and the entitlement you have left.

Cheers!
Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any recommendations for lenders in WA? We’re moving to Fairchild and are looking to buy with a builder. The builder gets a construction loan and we do a normal home mortgage from what they told me. Looking for great rates and easy to work with. 

Looking for great rates and easy to work with. 

We’d be happy to help you! We’re .5% lower than the 2 biggest VA lenders in the country when I checked their websites on Fri. Give Jon a call (850-377-1114 or jk@mythl.com) and he’ll get you pointed in the right direction.

Marty

1 minute ago, Marty - Trident Home Loans said:

We’d be happy to help you! We’re .5% lower than the 2 biggest VA lenders in the country when I checked their websites on Fri. Give Jon a call (850-377-1114 or jk@mythl.com) and he’ll get you pointed in the right direction.

Marty

I’ll give him a shout, thanks!

Another great recommendation for Marty, Jon, Lisa, and Bri at Trident. They did a fantastic job and everything was easy.

I have done two loans with NBOKC with Dave Devine in the past (they were also great), but decided to give Marty and the gang a try this time around. No issues and I highly recommend them!

8 hours ago, BONE WSO said:

Another great recommendation for Marty, Jon, Lisa, and Bri at Trident. They did a fantastic job and everything was easy.

Thank you!  You made it easy for us too!

The recent wild market ride has really helped drive down rates so now is a great time to lock.  If you’re getting quoted higher than 4.125-4.25 (4.55 APR) on a non-jumbo VA 30yr fixed, no points or 4.375 (4.625 APR) on a VA jumbo with no points you should consider shopping around.

Thanks to a few of you guys asking, we got our AR and KY licenses submitted for and we also have the ball rolling with NC and SC.  Expecting to have them by early 2019.

Currently: AL, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, LA, MD, MI, MN, MS, NM, OK, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA

Jon

jk@mythl.com

Edited by Jon - Trident Home Loans

Just letting you guys know that the VA just announced the increase in the loan limit to $484,350 for any loan closing after 1 Jan '19 that we were expecting.  That's just the standard limit and many counties have higher loan limits which you can look up here:

https://www.benefits.va.gov/homeloans/purchaseco_loan_limits.asp

You can still buy above the loan limit but you need to put down 25% of the difference between the limit and the purchase price.

Also, if you're looking for some simple tricks on how to get a lower interest rate check out the article Jon wrote for the Dec issue of Aero Crew News (page 24)

https://www.aerocrewnews.com/acn/2018/12-ACN-Dec-2018.pdf

Enjoy the holidays!

Marty

Edited by Marty - Trident Home Loans
inserted hyperlinks

• 3 weeks later...

Just closed on my house with Trident Home Loans and I couldn't be happier with the team Marty has!! Jonathan spent a great deal of time walking me through options after we hit a few hurdles out off the gate. He was always available, even as he was going through some intense training at a different location.

The rates they got me were the best around and they worked very hard to sweeten the deal when possible.

Their services (sts) hit a whole other level though when Bri and Lisa got involved! I pushed for a closing in less than 30 days on a conventional loan with 10% down and they didn't blink an eye. Bri had the process refined to an art. The closing happened right at 30 days, after the hurdles we couldn't see coming were cleared and, only then through the team's Herculean efforts.

The icing on the cake was the call at 1830 the night before closing, when the title company said the deal was going sideways over an issue they said couldn't be changed. Within minutes Bri was on the phone and "educated" the woefully wrong title agent in exactly what WOULD be happening! The closing the next day at noon happened exactly on schedule and, with a rather subdued agent in attendance!!

I will be back to work with this team at my next PCS in 18 months, no questions asked.

I will be back to work with this team at my next PCS in 18 months, no questions asked.

Thank you Sir! Jon’s team devoted to our Baseops loans has been doing a fantastic job! Bri is incredibly knowledgeable and she’s always ready to fight for our clients!

It’s a great time to get a mortgage with rates dropping due to the market decline. Also if you have a 4.5% rate or above you should consider seeing if a refi makes sense. Yesterday we started seeing 3.875% no points on 30yr VAs. We’re still sitting .375-.5% below all the big names doing VA loans.

Cheers!
Marty

Jon’s contact info:
jk@mythl.com
Cell: 850-377-1114

I also went through Trident Home Loans, and couldn't be happier with the results!  Jon and the entire staff were fantastic to work with and I got a great VA home loan at a good rate.  Transitioning from the military to civilian life was a challenge, but Trident made a home purchase for me during the transition possible.  I can't thank them enough and would HIGHLY recommend giving them a call.  Good luck to all!

We closed today using Trident/Jon and his team. Like everyone else here, I highly recommend using them. It was our first time buying, and outside of reading some things on google while sitting ops sup I really had no idea how the buying process worked. Jon, Bri, and Lisa made everything super quick and easy, and were great about answering all my questions.  Outside of submitting a handful of documents for the application we didn't have to do anything but sit back and wait for all the inspections and paperwork to run their course. I also liked that everyone I worked with at Trident was prior military or a military spouse. When dealing with paperwork and all the complexities of buying a house it makes it so much easier when you are dealing with people that know military, so when you say things like "I am TDY, MPF is dragging their feet cutting orders, BAH rates etc" you don't  have to spend 20 minutes trying to explain what you are talking about. 

I also recommend Serena Armstrong for a realtor for anyone buying in the NW Florida area. She has a military back ground and is very experienced with military life. I contacted both her and Jon after I was told of my new assignment, but it ended up taking almost 3 months after that to get rips and things loaded in Vmpf. So, 2 days after our official notification (on a Sunday)  the house we ended up buying went onto the market, I called Serena after not really talking to her (or Jon) that entire time we were waiting and 2 hours later she was at the house giving us a virtual tour. That night we had a offer in and the next day after some back and forth negotiating we had a deal. 

Overall, everyone i worked with during the buying process was awesome, and I can't thank them enough!

22 hours ago, viper154 said:

We closed today using Trident/Jon and his team. Like everyone else here, I highly recommend using them. 

Overall, everyone i worked with during the buying process was awesome, and I can't thank them enough!

Thank you for the compliments and congrats again on the new house!  Even more congrats on escaping Clovistan!  Glad it all worked out so well.  Having a good team working on your behalf makes all the difference.  Serena is definitely a great realtor who stays on top of her work which makes our lives so much easier.  I highly recommend her as well for anyone moving to the Hurlburt, Eglin, or Duke area.

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

Dan & Jon, Thank you! I appreciate your kind words and honored that Dan let me be his realtor. As always, it is a pleasure to work with Trident. I know they offer the best rates and will close on time! As a USAF retiree, I understand your needs as you transition to/from Hurlburt/Eglin area. My goal is to make your home sale/purchase go smoothly and most importantly...get you the best deal possible.

Serena 

850-797-3915

serenaarmstrong@portfoliofl.com

• 3 weeks later...

Marty/anyone at Trident,
My son is getting ready to buy his first home in the Seattle area. It won’t be a VA loan, but I’m wondering if/how you compete in the conventional mortgage department? When a 3BR/2BA house in a decent neighborhood starts at $700k, he’s looking for anything to ease the pain! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network mobile app

Marty/anyone at Trident,
My son is getting ready to buy his first home in the Seattle area. It won’t be a VA loan, but I’m wondering if/how you compete in the conventional mortgage department? When a 3BR/2BA house in a decent neighborhood starts at $700k, he’s looking for anything to ease the pain! Thanks in advance!

Hey RASH,
Have him give Jon a call or email. He’s our loan officer licensed in WA. We’re typically .25-.375 lower than the national average on conventional loans, but Jon can work up some specific rates for him. We’ll make sure to give him the best deal we can. Try to make it as painless as possible.

Marty

Jon: 850-377-1114, jk@mythl.com

• Like 1

Hey RASH,
Have him give Jon a call or email. He’s our loan officer licensed in WA. We’re typically .25-.375 lower than the national average on conventional loans, but Jon can work up some specific rates for him. We’ll make sure to give him the best deal we can. Try to make it as painless as possible.

Marty

Jon: 850-377-1114, jk@mythl.com

Thanks! Will forward the info to him...

Please note I do a lot of non-VA business in the Seattle area if your son would like to interview more than one lender.  Purchase prices are rather impressive there, and every dollar counts!

I can be reached 913-253-0190

apaterson@nbkc.com

Amy Stuhr Paterson

NBKC Bank - We are the lender that started this mortgage thread. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 3:57 AM, di1630 said:

Anyone know a good VA loan outfit in AZ?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Hello!  Arizona is one of my top states for business and I am a VA loan expert.  Let me know what I can do to help!

Amy Stuhr Paterson

NBKC Bank

913-253-0190

apaterson@nbkc.com

• 4 weeks later...

Good news, we just got our NC, SC, AR and KY licenses approved in time for PCS season!

We’re now licensed in: AL, AR, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MD, MI, MN, MS, NC, NM, OK, OR, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA

Let us know if you need any help or want to talk through a scenario or two.

Cheers!

Jon

850-377-1114

jk@mythl.com

What's the longest rate lock available? And how much?

Longest we do is 90 days and there is no cost to lock. 30-60 days locks typically give the best rate/pricing. Depending on the situation we can do a 90 day hedge lock and then float you down for free at the 30-45 day point if rates/pricing are better. Best thing is just to call us and talk through what you’re looking to do.

Marty

I just closed on my new home while utilizing Trident Home Loans as my lender.  Seamless process throughout and no issues, even though mine was a somewhat complicated situation.  We closed with a 30 year VA loan with a 3.875% Interest Rate.  I highly recommend Trident, and my local real estate agent was phenomenally impressed with this organization.  Thank you to Jon, Lisa, and Bri for their help!