FAA report on June '11 JFK incident

KennyB

Standard craptastic sensationalist news. A340s aren't bigger than 777s!

Edit: Also, 37' short of the runway =/= 37' from the "worst air disaster in history."

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/queens/feet_from_disaster_at_jfk_e4aV6YHOoPU1UQEHnzAHPP

Supposedly the Lufthansa stopped 1500' short of the offending Egypt Air.

Anyone have a link to the report?

Edited by ThreeHoler

worseairdisasterever.jpg

The problem is clearly the size of the A340. It's obviously way too large for that runway, much less the airport. I mean, for Christ's sake, the landing gear is over the edge of the runway, not to mention it retracts into the wing like the Dash/Q400 aircraft. Now that Fox News gave me an animation, the A340 is so much larger than the 777, I don't think the pilots would feel it, maybe a bump on takeoff.

A quick Google Earth calculation gave the LH plane about 6700' till the offending a/c.

From the NY Post link

"The FAA rated the incident a “Category C” runway incursion, and says “there was ample time and/or distance to avoid a collision.”

More media sensationalism.

captureha.jpg

wtf news media?

Edited by spudsmac

worseairdisasterever.jpg

The problem is clearly the size of the A340. It's obviously way too large for that runway, much less the airport. I mean, for Christ's sake, the landing gear is over the edge of the runway, not to mention it retracts into the wing like the Dash/Q400 aircraft. Now that Fox News gave me an animation, the A340 is so much larger than the 777, I don't think the pilots would feel it, maybe a bump on takeoff.

A quick Google Earth calculation gave the LH plane about 6700' till the offending a/c.

From the NY Post link

"The FAA rated the incident a “Category C” runway incursion, and says “there was ample time and/or distance to avoid a collision.”

More media sensationalism.

captureha.jpg

wtf news media?

Whatever makes it sound as bad as possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zbb34ixU5OM

Edited by BQZip01