Our commune is with thee.
Blessed art thou among comrades,
and blessed is the fruit of thy planned economy,
communism.
Holy marxism, Mother of Lennin,
pray for us Capitalists,
now and at the hour of our victory.
Amen.

How do I like the comment without liking any of the subject matter?

Then again that sounds like my college girlfriend.  

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, torqued said:

for most people that have a family, few things are more important. when you have dependents, many of your values and choices are different than they'd be if you are single. those choices tend to be more measured, more conservative, and less motivated by self-interest.

This thread suggests otherwise.  It's not surprising.  it's natural human behavior.  But it is annoying when they act as such and insist on telling you that it's just rain running down your leg.

23 hours ago, flyusaf83 said:

Who’s the entitled one in this thread? Probably the one posting too-long-to-read whining diatribes about F-ing fairness.  Grow up.  Merry Christmas, by the way.

Was wondering how long it would take for somebody to go with this "too long" bullshit.  I know, I know.  All the most productive conversations occur on Twitter 150 characters at a time.  You're not one of them millennials, are you?  A grown up is capable of reading 13 lines of text without throwing in the towel. 

I can't imagine the feedback you had for Lockheed or Boeing after you gave up half way through the first paragraph of your 1500 page T.O.  "TLDR you entitled (WTF?) pricks".

• Downvote 6

2 hours ago, Mark1 said:

This thread suggests otherwise.  It's not surprising.  it's natural human behavior.  But it is annoying when they act as such and insist on telling you that it's just rain running down your leg.

Was wondering how long it would take for somebody to go with this "too long" bullshit.  I know, I know.  All the most productive conversations occur on Twitter 150 characters at a time.  You're not one of them millennials, are you?  A grown up is capable of reading 13 lines of text without throwing in the towel. 

I can't imagine the feedback you had for Lockheed or Boeing after you gave up half way through the first paragraph of your 1500 page T.O.  "TLDR you entitled (WTF?) pricks".

the more you post, the more you make the case we should be paying dads extra to stick around

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 12:57 AM, Mark1 said:

Name one other job on the planet that would supplement your pay explicitly because a couple of meat sacks fell out from between your wife's legs. 

Do employers not pay more in their share of health insurance costs for those with family coverage than those with single coverage?

There's one example, and it happens nationwide in all businesses that offer health insurance to their employees.

Sure the employee doesn't see the extra cost in their paycheck, but the employer pays it just the same.

• 11 months later...
42 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

Love seeing the rates drop even with housing prices/mortgage rates rising. Down almost $80 for a 0-3 with dependents in the Eglin/Hurlburt area. In the process of buying down there and the housing prices are deff on the rise............

Edited by viper154

Love seeing the rates drop even with housing prices/mortgage rates rising. 

Yup.  Quick internet research says 2019 is the last overall annual 1% drop to get to the goal of BAH providing 95% of members' expected housing costs.  

1 hour ago, viper154 said:

Love seeing the rates drop even with housing prices/mortgage rates rising. Down almost $80 for a 0-3 with dependents in the Eglin/Hurlburt area. In the process of buying down there and the housing prices are deff on the rise............

Luckily you’re grandfathered in the old rate...

Wow, one of the first years in a while that w/o dependents didn't get fucked...even got a bigger increase than w/dependents.  Up 7% and 6% respectively. 

5 minutes ago, Tank said:

Luckily you’re grandfathered in the old rate...

I know you're referencing AD, but to clarify for the ARC bros out there.  Unless something has changed in the last 4 years, you're only grandfathered until the end of you're current order.  Fairly certain if don't break your orders you're ok, but if you have a single day off orders, your lucky day...lower BAH rate!  

• Upvote 1

Down in  $58 for O-4, $33 for O-3 all with dependants in the Vegas area as well. Crazy though that our rental market it going up up up. There is no way someone out here could even use BAH to pay for rent and utilities unless you want to live in the bad sections of town. 

Now that McCain is gone, can they make the 95% go back to 100%? 

Edited by cragspider