New BAH rates are out.

Loach

My favorite part is we have seen back to back decreases here.....sooo 03 year group 0-4's make about $65/mo more, and 04 year group 0-4's that have already pinned on will make $6/mo more than the 04 year group that have not pinned on due to AF's great cost saving measures......in addition the latter guys will compete with people who have been 0-4's for up to 18 months longer at their 0-5 board......no, I have no idea why people are pulling chocks......

• Upvote 1

For my area O-6 with dependents went down 8.6%....O-6 without dependents went UP 7.3%...WTF, am I supposed to ditch the wife?

For my base, 06 with is down 3%, and without is down 7% or so. Edited by Learjetter

For my area O-6 with dependents went down 8.6%....O-6 without dependents went UP 7.3%...WTF, am I supposed to ditch the wife?

As they repeatedly said in the other service... "If we wanted you to have a spouse, we would have issued you one."

[/sarcasm]

Back to the topic - E-6 at WRI is down $6 (yes, that's six bucks), both with and without dependas. E-5 with dependas went up $189, without went down $9.

I'm personally in the Willow Grove region of the BAH calculator. E-6 with dependas went up $27, without went down $12.

• 11 months later...

100%, you are grandfathered in

they government would be sued out their butt for giving someone $2000 a month (that individual signs a lease or buys a house) and then the government cuts the rate to $1800

all of us automatically get the highest BAH, and it never drops.  

Keep smokings and and living large, guys

16 minutes ago, bennynova said:

100%, you are grandfathered in

they government would be sued out their butt for giving someone $2000 a month (that individual signs a lease or buys a house) and then the government cuts the rate to $1800

all of us automatically get the highest BAH, and it never drops.  

Unless you're in the Guard/Reserve.  For the newly minted ARC types, the grandfather only runs until the end of your current order.  So you have to keep extending your current order to keep the old rate.    

+11%...this brings me back to 2014 rates.  For 2015, in my area, O-4 w/dependents went up and w/o dependents with down...hatin' on the single guys!  BAH type II was actually more than standard BAH for an O-4 w/o dependents. 

Edited by SocialD

Sweet, Mountain Home has the 4th lowest BAH for a single captain ($993) in the entire country. Only Altus, Springfield MO, and Johnstown PA are lower. Who even comes up with these numbers? Probably the same monkey that works assignments at AFPC.