Tim Tebow (NSFW)

Danger41

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So "real football" is composed of 50 yard field goals and endzone dances? I'm guessing you went to some fruity liberal arts college in New Hampshire or something. That would explain your douchy, elitist attitude towards the heart of this country, and how you appear know nothing about college football, since there are only 4 teams that currently run the triple option the FBS).

Yes, real football is those things. And they actually play defense in the NFL. And quarterbacks aren't dumb jocks that get by on physical prowess and a lack of parity (aka Young and Tebow), they have to actually be smart and intuitive, too. Look, there's no comparison between the two and you know it. And of course barely anybody runs the triple option, everybody knows that, and I was clearly being facetious.

If you want to cheer for your little region of your little state because there's not a pro team within 1000 miles, more power to you. If I'm coming off as elitist, then that's because the NFL is literally, by definition, elite, and college isn't. That makes me neither bitter, nor angry, though. Just telling it how it is.

Yes, real football is those things. And they actually play defense in the NFL. And quarterbacks aren't dumb jocks that get by on physical prowess and a lack of parity (aka Young and Tebow), they have to actually be smart and intuitive, too. Look, there's no comparison between the two and you know it. And of course barely anybody runs the triple option, everybody knows that, and I was clearly being facetious.

If you want to cheer for your little region of your little state because there's not a pro team within 1000 miles, more power to you. If I'm coming off as elitist, then that's because the NFL is literally, by definition, elite, and college isn't. That makes me neither bitter, nor angry, though. Just telling it how it is.

Am I the only one who sincerely hopes I'll one day be blessed enough to have the opportunity to punch you in the face?

Grabby, with Joe, you have to realize his first intent when posting is to get this type of reaction.

I wouldn't say it's my intent at all -- I'm just a big fan of NFL football and I love spirited debate. Sadly, I get labeled a troll because of the immature, over-emotional reactions of others.

It is also for this reason that I can't respect college football at all. Sure, it's nice to scout future talent for the draft, and it's an entertaining drunk fest sideshow to see hicks from flyover states cheer for their State U playing some ridiculous triple option offense, but let's not go and mistake it for real football.

So this is where you begin the mature, spirited debate?

I grew up outside Washington DC and feigned interest in the Skins growing up. Even though most "fans no dick all about football in general and "their" team in specific, it's the popular thing to do. When I went to college I identified with the team, went to classes with the players, got obliterated tailgating, and watched them win a National Championship. Some of the best memories of my entire life revolve around my 4 & 1/2 years there drinking booze, chasing tail, and watching football. I have no such experiences with any professional team.

And by the way, I think you'd really like DC - it's full of self-righteous assholes like you who think being born in proximity to New York or LA increases your worth as a human being.

• Upvote 4

I wouldn't say it's my intent at all -- I'm just a big fan of NFL football and I love spirited debate. Sadly, I get labeled a troll because of the immature, over-emotional reactions of others.

You get labeled a "troll" because you're an a$$hole.

So this is where you begin the mature, spirited debate?

Wait, let me get this straight, you want to have a mature debate about a sport whose experience you mostly cited as getting drunk and hitting on drunk skanks? Give me a break. It's an entertaining sideshow, but don't expect me to take you seriously when your main points are drinking, having fun, and getting laid while attending games in college. You want to talk football, then lets talk football. But don't sit there and BS me when everything I said was 100% true.

And by the way, I think you'd really like DC - it's full of self-righteous assholes like you who think being born in proximity to New York or LA increases your worth as a human being.
Seeing how I was born nowhere near NY or LA, I'm not entirely sure how this statement has anything to do with me. I'm only claiming two things 1) college football is the inferior product, and 2) people who live in areas with no NFL representation tend to be the most rabid fans, to the point of being overly and irrationally defensive.

Hell, it's okay to cheer for your local AAA baseball team, but are we really going to sit here and actually say it's better than MLB?