Cold War 2.0

Bayou_Eagle_Driver

I don't get the point here--are the Russians going to coming streaming across the Fulda Gap because Putin is coming back?

Hog Heaven!

But sadly, there is only one A-10 squadron in the theater vs. how many in the late 80's?

I think Bentwaters/Woodbridge had at least 4.

Six. RAF Alconbury had 2.

Still, Hog Heaven.

Probably won't be any Hogs in Europe when this kicks off...

But the good news is it only takes a couple weeks for Hogs to cross the pond and we have a bigger buffer between us and Ivan than we used to.

Time to get your LASDT and LOWAT currencies up to date and dust off the LAU-88A/As. You probably want to get comfortable with MNVR flaps in case you need to slow down to fight under the wx.

It'll be fine, you'll see.

Routes.jpg

Every day Im in Europe I stop and ask myself "how the hell did we ever plan to fight WWIII over here in this Theatre we sure couldnt do it now if we had too."

-The weather that can be counted on to be IMC from the floor to 3K that never seems to burn off.

-Units that dont even know who has the keys to their arms room much less that ability to get into it without it taking 2 days notice

-Contract services that work around German working hours, 2 hour lunches, and holidays you've never heard of (they also take your holidays off too)

-No organic movement capability within the military its self. Seriously if the Germans driving our trucks dont show up with their own cranes we cant move anything that wont fit in the back of an LMTV

-A military that has no flexibility in planning but to spend 3 days arguing over powerpoint slides and bitching that the kneeboard packet isnt thick enough so it must not have enough of the "right products."

Not to say it wouldnt be fun to have a real fight down amongst the trees for the role my aircraft was designed for. But if Ivan really was sitting across that border with any kind of force and they did load up and start rolling, even from the Russian border they'd be in Cologne before we finally got people to stop typing the CONOPs on power point and load the god damn birds.

Edited by Lawman

No time to spare...get the A-10 line up and running again and sell the Germans all the planes they can afford. Charge them a nice fee for the upgrade training.....throw in a few weapons as a teaser......probably want to buy some tanks too. If they aren't eager to defend their territory, who is?

.................we must defend Frankfurt........anything to save Crazy Sexy...............oop's "they"

Edited by Alpharatz

I call bullshit on the whole article.

"Yesterday, it was proven by these voters that not everything was fixed, that the result really matters," said Tiny Kox of the Council of Europe's Parliamentary Assembly, part of an international election observer mission.

Are you sure this didn't come from the Onion? Oh wait, it is from a news site. Sure hope Tiny wasn't a junior.