Saddle up for Syria? Or Op Deny Christmas '13

brickhistory

7 minutes ago, FLEA said:

Can you summarise? I'm out of my 4 articles a month or whatever. 

Qatar faced widespread criticism and a potential Australian inquiry on Monday after several women said they had been strip-searched at a Doha airport earlier this month, following the discovery of an abandoned newborn in a terminal bathroom.

On Sunday, Australian broadcaster 7 News reported that Qatari authorities had asked women on an Oct. 2 Sydney-bound Qatar Airways flight to disembark amid preparations for departure at Qatar’s main airport, Hamad International. Officials ordered searches of more than a dozen women, in one or more ambulances parked on the tarmac, according to Australian media outlets. A woman reportedly conducted the searches.

Speaking to the Australian Broadcasting Corp., two of the Australian women said the procedure was involuntary and the reasons for it were not made clear....In a statement issued to multiple media outlets, Hamad International Airport said the searches were carried out because of concern “about the health and welfare of a mother who had just given birth."[\quote]

• 3 months later...

If you have free articles left or a subscription to NR:

Syrian Civil War & American Troops: Arab Tribes Are the Key to Understanding Conflict | National Review

From the article:

The challenge for the United States, as it navigates the social and political environment of the region, trying to determine how best to work with the tribes of Syria and Iraq to bring about ISIS’s full defeat and prevent its return, is that there may be no solution at all.

New longer video of the attack on Al Asad. 

Obviously they were trying to kill Americans and we are lucky this didn't turn into something bigger.  Numerous articles out now and I think a 60 Minutes story with some very harrowing stories from our folks who were on the ground.  More than 100 U.S. troops have brain injuries as a result of this "payback" attack.  I don't know that I would have let it go.

4 hours ago, Day Man said:

51 aircraft were evacuated but left enough troops that 100+ got injured?

With 100-1000's of Iranian militia literally outside the fenceline, you can't just pack it up and leave it to them.

The stories from that night are legendary and it's a shame nothing has really come of it.  Just folks pushing to do the right thing despite top level pushback that ultimately almost cost hundreds of lives and millions in treasure.  

Edited by uhhello

• 5 months later...